El Gran Repte d'Andorra (The Great Andorran Challenge)

Congratulations!! You have completely changed International and Domestic Spanish football in the process. I take my hat off to you!!!
Thank you Spain were made to suffer and we have to love that!
just read through all 74 pages! took me well over an hour lol....EPIC story!
You sir have the patience of a saint!
Where do you go from here?:S
Well i'm going to do an update maybe tomorrow where I go through my best ever 11 for the club, After that i'm not to sure.
Amazing... Terrific job... What's next for you???
Not sure, I have some ideas but id like to win the record amounts of euros and world cups eventually.

Although towards the end of the challenge I started to concider the club a chore, the club is the very thing that initially sparked my interest in doing the chalenge. Straigh back to back promotions all the way to La Liga, finishing 7th in our first season in La Liga, 3rd in our second Then brilliantly breaking Madrid and Barca's hold on the title in our 3rd season. FC Andorra has been moulded into the very model off success.

The rise of FC Andorra can be truely appreciated on this graph. Once we got to the top we stayed there, Only once did we ever look like losing the league. We stayed strong and won it anyway.
FCAndorra_HistoryOverview_zps12e47072.png

Some rather ridiculous records have been set by the club. Leess than 500 crowds were common whe I started, in the end we command regular 49,000+ crowds. From the appauling a 5-1 away loss to Lugo, to the sublime in a 17-0 home win against feeder club Osasuna, 63 games won in a row and a rather amazing 191 games without losing!
FCAndorra_HistoryRecords_zps245f211b.png

The full roll call of trophies makes for very impressive reading. The highlight of course being 15 champions league titles.
FCAndorra_HistoryCompetitions_zps297cb6dd.png

The players records make for some mighty impressive reading. From Song Lefeng's 76 goal season and over all tally of 410 league goals, To Jimenez' 45 goal league season with Carracelas' 66 assists in one season being my persaonal favourite.
FCAndorra_HistoryRecords-2_zpsc57bab95.png

Two bouts of administration on our way up saw the club in dire financial straights. Now the club is worth nearly 800m! We'll also do you a bargain 173 quid season ticket ;)
FCAndorra_InformationGeneral_zps60156d39-1_zps0fbcee32.png

The next post will be to highlight the player successes. I will choose my personal best ever club 11, This isn't based on length of service or anything like that. Simly the best 11 that fit our formation who have ever played for the club.

Truly amazing story, very well done! I don't know if it interests you but for the next story you're considering, I think it would be a great read if you were to go outside of Europe and improve an obscure nation as well as the obscure league. For example, there are three tiers of Indonesian football already in the game, I think it would be great if you could get the league to one of the best in the world as well as the national team to #1. The finances shouldn't be too bad either, there are plenty of teams who have a 15k - 25k seater stadium, even in the 3rd tier.

Last edited:
First of all, congratulations on the achievement!
A few pages back you mentioned the images of your regens had disappeared, how did you get them back? Mine just vanished today.

Brilliant! You've done it all. My biggest piece of advice on a new save is don't do any project outside Europe, there isn't the money or the competition rep or qualification dynamics or in international cases, fairness to get anywhere.

Brilliant! You've done it all. My biggest piece of advice on a new save is don't do any project outside Europe, there isn't the money or the competition rep or qualification dynamics or in international cases, fairness to get anywhere.

ah, I've never myself done a large save outside of Europe, but I thought that it wouldn't be so bad after about 10 seasons. I'm semi-new to fm, but it shouldn't be too difficult for the club to enter the club world cup, in which it shouldn't be too hard to gain a decent amount of money. With that, it's just about repeating it and upgrading etc. That's what I thought anyway, would that not work?

ah, I've never myself done a large save outside of Europe, but I thought that it wouldn't be so bad after about 10 seasons. I'm semi-new to fm, but it shouldn't be too difficult for the club to enter the club world cup, in which it shouldn't be too hard to gain a decent amount of money. With that, it's just about repeating it and upgrading etc. That's what I thought anyway, would that not work?
No. There's just too much money and rep in Europe, the club world cup isn't enough. The club world cup doesn't have the neccesary rep, the continent needs a five star rep competition and lots of prize money to flourish. The game can't handle all the dynamics required and the game is only really designed for Europe and is so that only European clubs can flourish. I wish it wasn't the case, but I've seen other people completely held back by it and there's nothing you can do to change it.

This is in my opinion the best 11 the club has ever had, Some positons pick themselves. Some positions have had several world class players playing there and are a lot harder to pick. I will also show the players FC Andorra career aswell as a SS of the player.

GK
Jesús
He was the only real choice for this, I've had 4 GK and he played more seasons than two combined and the other was the former Andorra number 1. The very epitome of consistency and such a shame he had to leave for being one of the enemy(Spain). Moved to Valencia for frankly a bargain 15m.
Jesuacutes_OverviewAttributes_zpse6df28e3.png

Jesuacutes_HistoryCareerStats_zpsd76ec36c.png

WBL
Thorsten Baumgartlinger
I could never say his name properly, but by god what a wing back he was! An assists machine and amaing defensivley. Sold to Roma for 26m and never found the same vein of form again.
ThorstenBaumgartlinger_OverviewAttributes_zps093014e0.png

ThorstenBaumgartlinger_HistoryCareerStats_zpse8607225.png

WBR
Jørgen Meng
Signed for a mere 8m when we activated his release clause, though it would of been less had I pounced a year earlier. The defensive part of my wing backs and god was he good at it. Chipped in with a handful of goals and never disapointed. Sold for a whopping 45m to Man Utd, currently at Man City after a stint n Barcelona.
JoslashrgenMeng_OverviewAttributes_zps1a83a2ef.png

JoslashrgenMeng_HistoryCareerStats_zps6847f64b.png

DCL
Ofer Alon
Giant Israeli Alon was a truely amazing defender, Clinical at the back and deadly from set pieces. From a corner 6'7 of angry Iraeli usually wins! After a spell at Chelsea currently at Madrid, The main reason they have become hard to beat.
OferAlon_OverviewAttributes_zps46e9883d.png

OferAlon_HistoryCareerStats_zpsd39d7d60.png

DCR
Aliaksandr Golovchik
The most consistent player we ever had, Rarely rated under an 8. Club captain for 5 years before being sold to Man City for 30m.
AliaksandrGolovchik_OverviewAttributes-2_zpsbe51e82e.png

AliaksandrGolovchik_HistoryCareerStats_zps1862a4a9.png

AML
Heiner Diaz
Diaz was signed for only 40k, Bargain of the century! Excelled in the inside forward role, alway creating and scoring goals. Was deadly in Europe and won two world player of the years for his troubls. Was sold to Man Utd for 46.5m and he remains there. Honourable mention to Jamie Gore.
HeinerDiaz_OverviewAttributes-2_zps366bb9da.png

HeinerDiaz_HistoryCareerStats_zpsd485cda9.png

AMR
Eduardo Carracelas
A product of our youth system and an all around amazing player. I converted the right side of midfield to a winger role to accomodate this man, Boy did he ever repay that faith! He is one of my greatest joys in any version of FM. I originally wanted him upfront but after 5 games on the wing I soon changed my mind and a star was born. Honourable mention to Zigor Ugarte.
EduardoCarracelas_OverviewAttributes_zpsf2693234.png

EduardoCarracelas_HistoryCareerStats_zps1b658b55.png

MCL
Kevin Eduardo Martín
The first real youth prospect produced by the club, By no means the most skilled player we have ever had but his all around stats led to him holding a starting role for over a decade. The NT captain and my midfield general.
KevinEduardoMartiacuten_OverviewAttributes_zps5a3e6e3a.png

KevinEduardoMartiacuten_HistoryCareerStats_zpsa850a4c5.png

MCR
Koo Jae-Woong
South Korean maestro Jae-Woong signed for a massive 20m Represented a massive leap in terms of midfield quality for us. Equal parts scorer and creator and an amaing pressence in midfield. Sold for 31.5m due to unfortunate injury problems.
KooJae-Woong_OverviewAttributes_zps1c48b93d.png

KooJae-Woong_HistoryCareerStats_zpsebc7c4ad.png

STL
Eugenio Andrés Jiménez
A true joy for me, leading the line for club and country for 13 years to date. He came through the same intake as Carracelas producing Andorras finest at the same time. Possibly the best poacher in the game as his massive goal tally will testify to. Works well with whatever patner I give him a real team player.
EugenioAndreacutesJimeacutenez_OverviewAttributes_zps1b81d61a.png

EugenioAndreacutesJimeacutenez_HistoryCareerStats_zpsd0a92c32.png

STR
Song Lefeng
The best and my favourite has been saved for last. Lefeng was a player I found entirley by accident while looking for feeder clubs! This SS is him at 36, imagine him at 28! An amazing player and won everything pssible as our captain. Holds the record for appearances and goals, A sad loss due to the Cantera policy but non the less A true club legend and my favourite ever FC Andorra player.
SongLefeng_OverviewAttributes_zpsd893b991.png

SongLefeng_HistoryCareerStats_zpsa36354fe.png

Last edited: