El Gran Repte d'Andorra (The Great Andorran Challenge)

cantera all the way ;)

cantera policy literally means only players from youth set-up, which in the case of Andorra will most likely be only Andorran players. Anyway you should keep foreign youngsters created at club imo, esp if they have dual nationality. If that ever happens!

not sure if you already explained this, but do foreign players gain Andorran nationality after time spent in nation?

cantera all the way ;)

cantera policy literally means only players from youth set-up, which in the case of Andorra will most likely be only Andorran players. Anyway you should keep foreign youngsters created at club imo, esp if they have dual nationality. If that ever happens!

not sure if you already explained this, but do foreign players gain Andorran nationality after time spent in nation?

Plenty of time for me to decide yet. Apparantly it takes 20 years to gain Andorran nationality! Dual nationality also isn't allowed by law. The game does not impliment this though as one of the Andorran clubs keeps producing Andorran/Potuguese players.

Plenty of time for me to decide yet. Apparantly it takes 20 years to gain Andorran nationality! Dual nationality also isn't allowed by law. The game does not impliment this though as one of the Andorran clubs keeps producing Andorran/Potuguese players.

only 20 years? see this is so much easier than San Marino ;)

hopefully you'll start getting some good local players soon

only 20 years? see this is so much easier than San Marino ;)

hopefully you'll start getting some good local players soon

I honestly exspected loads of dual national Spaniards, I only looked it up after 3 full Andorran intakes.

I've started this and so far have played 5, won 5 with the club. Internationally I've pld 3, lost 2 and picked up a creditable draw away to Estonia. Just hoping that we can have some decent youth intakes when that time comes round otherwise the International side could be a long slog. Good story so far, followed.

I've started this and so far have played 5, won 5 with the club. Internationally I've pld 3, lost 2 and picked up a creditable draw away to Estonia. Just hoping that we can have some decent youth intakes when that time comes round otherwise the International side could be a long slog. Good story so far, followed.

The youth intake will be painful, I've had one semi decent player and i doubt he will ever be good enough for the club.

The youth intake will be painful, I've had one semi decent player and i doubt he will ever be good enough for the club.

You're not filling me with hope. :p Looks like it's stealing other clubs regens for me.

I thought Cantera was just nation based? Like Bilbao do with Basque only players.

Regardless when i have the personel for it all my team will be Andorran :)

No, Messi is from Barca cantera and he is Argentinian.

can i ask something i may seem dumb but what is cantera? keep up the good work very good read

That's what i do. Spain produces great players by the truck load anyway.

Thats useful. Currently just dropped my first points at the end of September and the squad is clearly far too good for this league. I'm just hoping that I don't need loads of new players in the next division as it will wreck team cohesion. Is there the rule about over 23 players in the fourth tier?

Thats useful. Currently just dropped my first points at the end of September and the squad is clearly far too good for this league. I'm just hoping that I don't need loads of new players in the next division as it will wreck team cohesion. Is there the rule about over 23 players in the fourth tier?

The over 23 rules is still there yes, You are going to need changes although probably not wholesale ones.

The over 23 rules is still there yes, You are going to need changes although probably not wholesale ones.

Ok thanks, also have any of the Spanish youngesters you've brought in gained Andorran nationality?