England 2018 World Cup Bid Update Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Juneau59
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 378
  • Views Views 18K
1549: England bid ambassador and BBC presenter Gary Lineker has confirmed that England were knocked out in the first round of voting. They came fourth out of four. I'm stunned.

Just another bitter Jock who cant handle the fact we prop you up financially and you have never, ever, got out of the first round in a major finals.

Lets keep the trolling/spam out of the thread please.

Anymore off topic rubbish and there will be infractions, believe me, I'm in a bad mood after that joke of a 'vote'

Maybe now some of the eastern european immigrants will **** off to russia and help build all their stadiums, freeing up some jobs for the millions of unemployed english in our country

What are they to do, tell fifa president about the corruption in his company, which he is in charge of

Pointless then,

But he is not going to do nothing if he is corrupt himself, these men are untouchable simple as that. Its **** but their is nothing we can do about it, our media got reeled in and made it impossible for us to even come close to winning this.

expect the majority of people to blame england going out in the first round on birmingham and villa fans

Let me ask you... do you really thought England was gonna win it ? LOOOOOOOOOL!!!! The only serious contenders were Spain/Portugal and Russia...

With the financial crisis in Spain/Portugal, you would never have hosted it. WEell, maybe hosted but the EU taxpayers would pay for it.

Let me ask you... do you really thought England was gonna win it ? LOOOOOOOOOL!!!! The only serious contenders were Spain/Portugal and Russia...

Serious contentders? Portugal is in line after Greece and Ireland to get financial help. Fifa wouldn't take that risk. Sorry but they never were (nor my own country for that matter). Why couldn't you bet on England winning it until the BBC Docu about bribes?

The streets of the big city's in Russia are sopposed to be pretty bad for tourists in general :S

Lets keep the trolling/spam out of the thread please.

Anymore off topic rubbish and there will be infractions, believe me, I'm in a bad mood after that joke of a 'vote'

Was neither trolling nor spamming, just responding to said bitter Jock.

The World Cup will be in England. You can enjoy it on your televisions!

expect the majority of people to blame england going out in the first round on birmingham and villa fans

Or Panorama
Or the corrupt FIFA delegates who did the voting
Or Roman Abramovich for providing bribes to said corrupt delegates.

Maybe now some of the eastern european immigrants will **** off to russia and help build all their stadiums, freeing up some jobs for the millions of unemployed english in our country

Was that really needed.....

But he is not going to do nothing if he is corrupt himself, these men are untouchable simple as that. Its **** but their is nothing we can do about it, our media got reeled in and made it impossible for us to even come close to winning this.

So what are they to do, sit back and not saying anything( be cowards) or Put it in the public Limelight.

Well done to Russia and Qatar. I was hoping either England or Spain would get 2018, as i live within 30 minutes of two of the Spanish stadiums(Murcia & Alicante), and in England, I would have been within 30/40 minutes of St James park and Stadium of Light....

Just shows what power you have when you have corrupt Billionaires on your side. Shame really, from what I have heard/seen England had the best bid on paper, but as always politics has come into it and a certain Roman Abramovich has won it for Russia.

I may be a little bitter, but I think this justifies why I am not happy we didnt even get past the first round.

First photo is Russia compared to England.

Second photo is of all potential host nations.

Notice a pattern?

Was that really needed.....

So what are they to do, sit back and not saying anything( be cowards) or Put it in the public Limelight.

But thats the point what have the achieved??? Its not about being cowards its about respect to the country which they don't care about simple as that.

Qatar, what a ****** joke.

It's going to be the least comfortable world cup ever. 45 degree days in summer...doubt fancy oil money upgrades can fully fix that problem....and Qatar can't even make a world cup, why should they be gifted a passage? And also, how come Qatar was pretty much confirmed to be the host ages ago?

I am probably just showing of my bias here, but how is Australia not the better option? Played in Australian winter, which would be highly comfortable playing conditions...the only continent to not have had the world cup (and now it will be more than a decade after 2022 to stand any real chance due to continental rotation), and a growing reputation in world football (qualified for the last two world cups)...not to mention that it's by its own means, a tourism hotspot.

Whether there's been bribery/cheating involved, I don't really care, all I care about is it's just a plain ridiculous decision...USA I could have accepted, even due to their 'recent' hosting...and I knew Korea/Japan was never in the running...but Qatar....stupid.

Oh well...I know I sound bitter, but I think football in Australia would have been given a huge boost, minus the significant pitfalls associated with Qatar.

I also think that England should have had 2018, but knew that it would be Russia....just that feeling. Very dissapointed in the results...but in the end, a world cup is a world cup, and I'll watch it regardless...but I woulnd't even consider travelling to Qatar unless Australia miraculously become a powerhouse with a chance to win (not likely...). Hmmm...a prime time tv schedule for the world cup would have been nice...but in the end, money won out, and not by catering for the hugely expanding Asian region???

I may be a little bitter, but I think this justifies why I am not happy we didnt even get past the first round.

First photo is Russia compared to England.

Second photo is of all potential host nations.

Notice a pattern?

you realise russia are developing a lot of the stadiums

Back