England 2018 World Cup Bid Update Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Juneau59
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 378
  • Views Views 18K
I hope they take fifa to the cleaners, with everything they have on them. We need to sort this **** out,

why do you think i asked for a link? i didnt beileve it, just found it not funny.

So do i but lets be honest nothing is going to happen is it. Like i said these men are untouchable and will always be.

on Qutar 's wiki page

Association football is the most popular sport in the country closely followed by cricket.

Last edited:
The small chance we had was blown when this happened.

Police-form-a-line-betwee-008.jpg

Don't be stupid please.

The small chance we had was blown when this happened.

Police-form-a-line-betwee-008.jpg

Think it was more of us abusing them and accusing them all of taking bribes, and the panorama show tbh...

Agree with you. Australia would have been terrific for 2022. Just look at Sydney 2000 to see how Australia can deliver.

But you cannot use the continent never having hosted a WC as an argument. Australia are part of Asia for football - this was their choice. So their bid was an Asian one, not Oceania.

Australia is a part of Oceania, NOT Asia. FIFA has stated they want to bring Football to the world, and Australia had the same goals so they branched out to Asia leagues.

Sometimes I wonder about my fellow football supporters.

The Bristol City 606 has been overrun by Rovers fans taking the **** that no World Cup football will be coming to the City. Any excuse to WUM.

Think it was more of us abusing them and accusing them all of taking bribes, and the panorama show tbh...

well yes..

but the tiny chance we had, was gone.

Russia. Russia. Unbelivable Jeff!

It's ******* freezing there, and don't mention the fact that their stadiums aren't up to scratch yet, but the worst is the distance in between them. Playing in Valdiovstock (sp) is the equivalent of playing in Korea.

However, proper glad that Qatar won it for 2022, they deserve it, they have the money, and the stadiums look very nice, but all of them have to be built.

Well done to Russia and Qatar :)

I had to look it up but that country only has 1.5 mln people. Imagine 8 stadiums of an avarge of 50.000 people. They times i even saw some matches from there the 20.000 people stadiums were only filled with like 1000 people burning in the sun. Stupid, but hey...money rules the world

Well done Russia, Regardless of how you won, a win is a win.

Australia is a part of Oceania, NOT Asia. FIFA has stated they want to bring Football to the world, and Australia had the same goals so they branched out to Asia leagues.
Australia is not in Oceania according to Fifa - Australia is part of the Asian confederation.

I seriously don't know why you don't think Qatar will be good. I think it will be brilliant. Have you seen the stadiums, and everything will be unbelivably good. The whole point of a World Cup is expand football worldwide and find a champion country, so I think this is what Middle Eastern football needs to take it off. Thousands and thousands of youngsters will be training now just for a chance to get into the team, and, who knows, they might even win it :P

Geographically, yes but NOT in football terms. Hence Australia qualify through Asian qualifiers and not Oceanic qualifiers. Hence both Australia and New Zealand were at the last WC.

And this bid id through FIFA and within FIFA Australia are Asian.

I seriously don't know why you don't think Qatar will be good. I think it will be brilliant. Have you seen the stadiums, and everything will be unbelivably good. The whole point of a World Cup is expand football worldwide and find a champion country, so I think this is what Middle Eastern football needs to take it off. Thousands and thousands of youngsters will be training now just for a chance to get into the team, and, who knows, they might even win it :P

Yes, Qatar in 45 degree heat during the world cup. Will be fun for the players and fans won't in. And of course there is the alcohol problem.

Australia is not in Oceania according to Fifa - Australia is part of the Asian confederation.

Well that's not merely the case, but I never knew they made us a part of the Asian confederation.

Australia is a very small country football wise, we even have to involve a New Zealand team into our league to prove that, but I guess you learn things every day ...

If they win it, they've bought it. No chance of them coming out of never qualifying to winning it in a few years. Not a chance.

Medieval laws re women, homosexuality, alcohol etc. 45 degree heat. Only bid from all those presented for 2018 and 2022 to be deemed 'High Risk' by FIFA's own inspection teams.

Oh, the Qatari President was due to go against Sepp Blatter in the FIFA Presidential elections next year. May have something to do with it.

So do i but lets be honest nothing is going to happen is it. Like i said these men are untouchable and will always be.

Still at least our media had the balls to air something and stand up to these people, we shoulnt blame the media for the corruption, there job is to tell the truth and thats what they did.

Back