England 2018 World Cup Bid Update Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Juneau59
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 378
  • Views Views 18K
Agree with you. Australia would have been terrific for 2022. Just look at Sydney 2000 to see how Australia can deliver.

But you cannot use the continent never having hosted a WC as an argument. Australia are part of Asia for football - this was their choice. So their bid was an Asian one, not Oceania.

In a football sense, yes, in a world map sense, we're still a continent.

Qatar, no alcohol...going to have the most hot, and most bored football fans ever to congregate in one place. I'm sure the players will love it on the whole...5 star luxury everywhere, and if the stadium cooling system does work (at leas they've got 12 years to get it right), their time will be pleasant...but for the fans...how the **** can they enjoy the entire experience?

Australian football will suffer...I'm sure of it. It took a lot for us to get our other major sports on board, and now, without the result, football will quite possibly decline...again....

Perhaps football in this country is just too volatile in terms of popularity, I don't know...but to lose to Qatar is a kick in the nuts.

PS and last thing i post in this thread: Hate the timezones from Russia. of all 4 bids only 1 isn't in my ideal timezone :( . Might be again as this year that matches are @ 1 o'clock or even earlier local time and only can hope i can get days off then :( All of the country wants those days off ofcourse.

Still at least our media had the balls to air something and stand up to these people, we shoulnt blame the media for the corruption, there job is to tell the truth and thats what they did.

Yer but they are going to keep doing this and at a massive huge cost for all football fans in England.

Well that's not merely the case, but I never knew they made us a part of the Asian confederation.

Australia is a very small country football wise, we even have to involve a New Zealand team into our league to prove that, but I guess you learn things every day ...

It was Australia's decision to join Asia football wise purely becuase they have more qualification spots for the WC than Oceania.

Yes, Qatar in 45 degree heat during the world cup. Will be fun for the players and fans won't in. And of course there is the alcohol problem.

Tough, acclimatise. Simple as :)

Australia is not in Oceania according to Fifa - Australia is part of the Asian confederation.

:) Russia should have been in Asia, they win the European Song Constest <) and bids like this while 80 percent lays in Asia ;)

Fifa should have just asked for money rather than wasting everyone's time preparing special presentations.

Yer but they are going to keep doing this and at a massive huge cost for all football fans in England.

lets be honest, that didnt cost us the world cup, the corruption inside fifa did, your chairmen has probaly lost a few million pounds in "donations" to certain fifa excuetives. now i am not blaming him, as if he can do it, get away with it and get russia the world cup, fair enough. but something needs to be done and someone needs to stand up and say this is "bullshit" and our media has at least tried.

Should be a great world cup then. Plastic pitches and sub-zero temperatures, sounds fun. As for Qatar thats not even worth a comment, what a joke!

*sigh*, so England don't get the World Cup and it's a fix ? Very good. Whilst I'm disappointed England didn't get it, c'mon, although some areas of fifa are undoubtedly corrupt, would we really be alleging these things if England had won ?? I look forward to Russia, and hopefully Scotland will get there so I can support my team. :)

You can buy alcohol in Qatar. I don't know why people are saying you can't?? You get an alcohol permit first and can drink in the hotels.
You can't walk around the streets drinking cheap beer from cans and lobbing benches through shop windows though.
It's a different culture and is all the better for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yusef_Ahmed

This guy looks to be the one to watch for Qatar, although he'll be 33 during the tournament.

Yup, i've got all his action play on DVD in matches vs كيبورد للكتابة بالعربي and ة إخبارية سياسية اقتصادية فكرية. قضايا ,حوارات, نقشات , دراسات و ملفات. Ow, sorry i mean ة إخبارية سياسية اقتصادية فكرية. قضايا ,حوارا, نقشات , دراسات و ملفات

Oh, I should also add, Qatar as a footballing nation alone....a joke.

I've seen them a few times as Australia has faced them both in Asian Cup qualifying and WC qualifying...there best players have tended to be 'nationalised'...players born in Brazil or something, and kept for enough years in the Qatari leagues by a lot of money until they are qualified.

Hardly international football pedigree. Of course, Australia isn't perfect either...we have the weakest domestice league system out of the bidders, but I was confident if we'd got the bid, we would have experience 12 years of footballing growth...but who knows now.

I'm trying to limit the bias in my posts, but I don't think it's working.

Cameron should just go rage mode at the BBC and privatise them tbh :) Good to know we pay our TV license so they can sabotage our sporting bids :)

lets be honest, that didnt cost us the world cup, the corruption inside fifa did, your chairmen has probaly lost a few million pounds in "donations" to certain fifa excuetives. now i am not blaming him, as if he can do it, get away with it and get russia the world cup, fair enough. but something needs to be done and someone needs to stand up and say this is "bullshit" and our media has at least tried.

Im agreeing somthing needs to be done but let me ask you this. Will anything be done???? No of corse not so its absolutely pointless airing these programmes and writting these storys because it will make no difference what so ever.

*sigh*, so England don't get the World Cup and it's a fix ? Very good. Whilst I'm disappointed England didn't get it, c'mon, although some areas of fifa are undoubtedly corrupt, would we really be alleging these things if England had won ?? I look forward to Russia, and hopefully Scotland will get there so I can support my team. :)

You forget 1 thing. You already have the Olympics very soon :) Rotterdam had the Tour de France depart this year. I love these big sporting events too. So chin up and good luck in 2314 or so when we compete in bids once more :)

Im agreeing somthing needs to be done but let me ask you this. Will anything be done???? No of corse not so its absolutely pointless airing these programmes and writting these storys because it will make no difference what so ever.

so what the best way out, is to do nothing, not even try, Surely that is the low of the low, you know somethings wrong and you stand by and let it happen. makes you a coward in my eyes.

Fair play to the russia bid team but ...

Disrespectful fans 1-0 The home of football

I think it will still be a good tournament​

Back