England 23 Man Squad Announced

Very true, but again it's just 1 game out of a lot of opportunities.

Yes I agree it is only one game but it's not a season at the World Cup, one good performance off the bench is all we could need from Walcott, again though I don't think he should go I'm just applying balance.

When ever Theo comes off the bench , he brings fear to the other team, with the wingbacks being tired hes just too fast, I dont see how you can deny he isn't a good impact sub
Theo will be up against experienced and world class full backs at the world cup, they aren't like the full backs you have in the Prem like teams like Burnley, Portsmouth, Hull etc who can't defend to save their lives. Full backs will not be as scared as you'd think in my opinion.

At the end of the day although we all like to think were good 'football managers' Fabio Knows alot more about it then we do, he'll pick who ever he feels we need to win this world cup. Walcott vs Lennon discussion over, well for me anyway

Well quoted.

Thank you sir lol

i just think its getting very bitchy now (i admit i had my little say aswell) but now we need to just forget about who isnt in the squad and what ever, the 23 looks like it is announced so they are the 23 players we need to get behind.

Theo will be up against experienced and world class full backs at the world cup, they aren't like the full backs you have in the Prem like teams like Burnley, Portsmouth, Hull etc who can't defend to save their lives. Full backs will not be as scared as you'd think in my opinion.
this

Please, for the love of god, be quiet.

You're being a right troll about this.

Whoever Fabio sees fit to take, we should get behind it. Whether it would have been Walcott, or not, we need to grow up about which club he's from.

England is more important atm then any of our clubs!

For your age Frankie you show more maturity on here than some. Well said.

argument over. on a side note, how typically English Press bullshit is this? have they tapped all the players phones or something? couldn't they just wait until an official announcement from Capello instead of dragging it out like an X-Factor vote.

argument over. on a side note, how typically English Press bullshit is this? have they tapped all the players phones or something? couldn't they just wait until an official announcement from Capello instead of dragging it out like an X-Factor vote.
lol the bbc started their live thread at 9AM. ridiculous

Agreed. The media hypes up everything far too much. It's the World Cup, and the best footballing event in the world, but keeping it simple is good enough for everyone really and easier.

Heskey gets the nod, with seven goals in 58 games. Compare with goalkeepers Rene Higuita (68 caps/8 goals) and Jose Luis Chilavert (74/8)

On telegraph, I lol'd :)

This whole 'team announcement' is a mess.

Shoddy start to what looks like a shoddy summer if we carry on with this vein attempt at organisation, we might aswell let Ireland take our place.

Shoddy start to what looks like a shoddy summer if we carry on with this vein attempt at organisation, we might aswell let Ireland take our place.
Im just glad i havent put any money on England,although i may yet put some on them being epic fails.

to be fair they had their own announcement time. its the media who've speculating. the bcc started at 9am!

Bumder.

Heskey gets the nod, with seven goals in 58 games. Compare with goalkeepers Rene Higuita (68 caps/8 goals) and Jose Luis Chilavert (74/8)

Thats a lovely little statistic but Heskey has to go as he plays the Target Man role better than any other proven England player. Look at our last two friendly games without Heskey if you want something approaching proof of Heskeys importance to the team.

Final 23 Man Squad:

Goalkeepers:

David James
Robert Green
Joe Hart

Defenders:

Rio Ferdinand (Captain)
John Terry
Ashley Cole
Glen Johnson
Jamie Carragher
Matthew Upson
Ledley King
Stephen Warnock

Midfielders:
Frank Lampard
Steven Gerrard
James Milner
Joe Cole
Gareth Barry
Shaun Wright-Phillips
Michael Carrick
Aaron Lennon

Forwards:
Wayne Rooney
Peter Crouch
Jermain Defore
Emile Heskey

So this is the final 23 man squad to hopefully lead England to World Cup glory in South Africa (although not officially announced yet) but the seven players dropped has now been confirmed as; Michael Dawson, Leighton Baines, Theo Walcott, Scott Parker, Tom Huddlestone, Adam Johnson, Darren Bent. Unlucky to those players dropped but now we look forward to the 12th of June and the opening game against the U.S.A.

COME ON ENGLAND!

Last edited:
Thats a lovely little statistic but Heskey has to go as he plays the Target Man role better than any other proven England player. Look at our last two friendly games without Heskey if you want something approaching proof of Heskeys importance to the team.

Are you taking the ****? Heskey is ****. He hasnt even scored for Villa since feb. Bent got like 24 goals this season and unless I'm mistaken. (Which I'm not) strikers are meant to score goals you tard. Heksy doesnt score and therefore shouldnt go.