England 23 Man Squad Announced

how the **** has he picked stephen warnock instead of leighton baines!

lets ****** hope ashley stays fit, or were screwed

Hasn't been picked because of home sickness.

Just a comparison for you to feast your eyes on before the World Cup. England's four strikers for the World Cup seem to be: Rooney, Heskey, Crouch, Defoe. Argentina meanwhile, have: Sergio Aguero, Diego Milito, Martin Palermo, Carlos Tevez, Gonzalo Higuaín, Lionel Messi.

But england have a Real manager instead of an Icon.

That was on the telegraph site, Very good point if you ask me and something to be a bit concerned about me thinks :)

I don't like the fact that we HAVE to play a target man all the time.
we dont, rooney just player better with one or as a lone striker. i'd much rather see the lone striker, cos we have midfiel capable of scoring goals

Just a comparison for you to feast your eyes on before the World Cup. England's four strikers for the World Cup seem to be: Rooney, Heskey, Crouch, Defoe. Argentina meanwhile, have: Sergio Aguero, Diego Milito, Martin Palermo, Carlos Tevez, Gonzalo Higuaín, Lionel Messi.

But england have a Real manager instead of an Icon.

That was on the telegraph site, Very good point if you ask me and something to be a bit concerned about me thinks :)

Rooney > Any of those strikers. Although I don't know if Messi is really an out and out striker? :S

Rooney > Any of those strikers. Although I don't know if Messi is really an out and out striker? :S
Messi may not be an out an out striker but guaranteed goals

he might as well be, he could be playing in defence and still outshine most of our forwards

What a time for Lampard to start missing penalties aswel..

the official annoucment isnt till 15:00, apparently

I'm not to sure who should take our pens, I'd go with Gerrard always reliable from the spot, Would be captain if it was my choice , any captain who can bring his team from 3-0 down in a champions league final and win it deserves credit IMO in the other hand ferdidnand is a good leader but not as good as Gerrard

Cap has said he would mould the squad around Rooney and although I disagree with him taking Heskey it seems like that is the route he wants to play.

Anyone remember who the World Cup winning striker was in 1998... Stephan Guivache. Played up front on his own. And who said you need a quality strike force to win a World Cup?

I am glad that Walcott is out as he not been good enough in most England games. Found this posted on twitter "34% - Theo Walcott's dribble success in the 2009-10 PL, the only Arsenal player with a lower rate was William Gallas (33%). Dont know how true that is.

Last edited:
Give Heskey Pens :p see if he can score from 12 yards out

I wonder what the odds on Emile Heskey to win the Golden Boot at the World Cup are XD

Look what I found on ESPN Soccernet on Theo Walcott.
With lightening pace, superb finishing and a brilliant footballing brain, Walcott possesses all the attributes for a striker in the modern game, but has yet to fully showcase his skills, having spent much of career at Arsenal as an 'impact player' coming off the bench.