England 23 Man Squad Announced

This is pointless untill the 23 players have been confirmed, not when there's still 26.

exactly. unless you see it on the fa website, or from the mouth of someone from the fa/within the england camp, nothing is confirmed

on the telegraph site. lol.

I've heard it myself, and a few of you are emailing to let me know that an official announcement is expected at 3pm. The hold up is apparently due to Fabio Capello struggling to get hold of a certain player. For some reason it conjures up an image of this unnamed player studiously ignoring their phone, hoping that if he ignores the inevitable he will be allowed to go to the World Cup.

Who i wonder?

Yeah I mean I laugh if Walcott is in the squad. Although I don't think many England fans will.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

King is definitely in if anyone had any doubts.

Look what I found on ESPN Soccernet on Theo Walcott.
With lightening pace, superb finishing and a brilliant footballing brain, Walcott possesses all the attributes for a striker in the modern game, but has yet to fully showcase his skills, having spent much of career at Arsenal as an 'impact player' coming off the bench.

Its more like he has it all but not at the same time.

my hart goes out to theo not making the squad considering he helped get them there and j.cole , lennon,swp have done jack **** for england bit of a **** take really gutted for him poor lad.

Im liking the rumours so far, if they are true then I wouldn't be too worried.
Only down side is if Heskey gets in over Bent. Think about it, what hope does that give to any English striker in the league that you can't even get into the squad despite scoring 24 odd goals. What the **** do you have to do to get in?

Anyway, I might give it a try, gain some weight & just focus on hassling defenders and maybe I have a chance of making the next World Cup squad ^^)

I hope Heskey goes and wins the Golden boot that would be quality

I'm dissapointed for Walcott as well, but apart from that hat trick against Croatia he didn't do much else. Honestly can you tell me anything else he did that was so spectacular?

the hattrick you just mentioned, but what have lennon,cole,swp done?

I'm dissapointed for Walcott as well, but apart from that hat trick against Croatia he didn't do much else. Honestly can you tell me anything else he did that was so spectacular?
thats just it he didnt. he never built upon, or got better as a player. he's got time to work hard for euro 2012,

How the **** has Warnock got in over Baines?

I knew you was going to say that, :) I mean I'm sure they haven't done much either, but they are better that Walcott I have to say although I think Capello wanted Walcott to be a starter and it seemed didn't contemplate using him as a Sub.

I said the day after Walcott got that hat-trick, that he wouldn't score for England again.. so far he's proving me right.

you cannot live off one game, coles overall perfomances have been better or englans so has swp. cole 50 caps 10 goals. swp 30 caps 6 goals. lennon has got blistering pace AND a decent final ball

They are all better players than Walcott. Simple.
Walcott is too one dimensional and against the top teams he wouldn't be good enough.

my hart goes out to theo not making the squad considering he helped get them there and j.cole , lennon,swp have done jack **** for england bit of a **** take really gutted for him poor lad.

My heart dont go out for him. Remember four years ago he was picked over Defoe by Sven. ****** disgraceful decision at the time.