Evolution of the football manager

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 311
  • Views Views 117K
If you dont beat Croatia then....... er........... you will lose? lol

Well i am aiming to lay to bed the ghost of Bordeaux!

For all of you who arent Klippybo this was a season we were playing together where as Real Madrid i overcame a tough route to the Final only to loose to mighty Bordeaux 3-1 in the final.

The 2016 European Championships Final

View attachment 273492

At Stade De France

View attachment 273498

View attachment 273491 View attachment 273496

Croatia V France
Again!​

I seem to like ironic repeat fixtures! Following Croatia's emphatic win over England and destruction of France in the group phase leaves them as clear favorites for the final.

"Im absolutely delighted to have come so close to achieving our goal and the desire within the whole camp in through the roof. We've played the Croatian and we've been beat by them but we've got extensive notes on them and hopefully we can use our past knowledge to aid future success tonight"

As well as a European championship to win there's another smaller battle involving Karim Benzima on 5 goals against Niko Kranjcar on 6 goals.

The nation making there 1st ever final appearance in any competition will be without there lead striker Eduardo who broke his leg in the Semi Final with England

France
France are missing two of there subs Moussa Sissoko who's missed most the competition and Aly Cissokho who was injured after 15 minutes of championship action.

Crisis hits France on the morning of the final. "To most climbing out of bed would be the least of your worrys with a European Championship final a few hours away but not for Gael Clichy who twisted his knee and ended his tournament in the hotel. Sagna will therefore be forced to play his final game out of position at left back"

1 - Goal France - Benzema

11 - Goal Croatia - Kranjcar

20 - Sub France - Pogba off injured on Grenier

45 - Sub Croatia - Kovacic off injured on Badelj

HT - Croatia 1-1 France

Very eventful 1st half with the competitions top scorers picking the biggest stage of the summer to battle for the golden boot.

69 - Sub France - Cabaye off on Varane

76 - Sub Croatia - on Danijel Pranjic

81 - Sub Croatia - on Nikica Jelavic

FT - Croatia 1-1 France

Neither side looked likely to break down the door and find the winner so were off and into Extra time!

ET - Fair to say that neither side went out for the win and dang it its going to penaltys

View attachment 273494

Pens

Both teams miss 1st penalty's
1-1
2-2
3-2 - Remy miss
4-2

View attachment 273495

Could there be anything more agonizing than loosing the European Championships by missing our 4th penalty "Everyone played there hearts out, On another day either side could have won it in 90 minutes. Both teams were knackered by Extra time and penalty's were unavoidable then sadly we lost the lottery"

View attachment 273490

Finals review
The French FA are delighted that we reached the final even if im gutted that we lost in the final to beatable opponents. Jobs available include Germany, Italy and Holland but im going to stay loyal to France for another 2 years at least!

Last edited:
images

I love you really Darran lol

Great story mate. Unlucky against Croatia. They're actually a really strong nation in the game... and I suppose real like too. Anyway I'm definately a follower. Please check mine out too.

Finals awards
The competition was dominated by 1 man

Top Goal Scorer
Niko Kranjcar - 6

View attachment 273553

Best player
Niko Kranjcar

View attachment 273551

Dream team
View attachment 273552

Benzema
and Pogba make the dream team as well asMan Utd's Rooney and Welbeck

Final thoughts

What a gutting end to a evening of Football Manager. Going into the knockout phases each game i thought "were going out" Until we came up against Croatia in the final. Despite loosing to them earlier on in the competition we came on so much and i thought i was going to win my 1st international tournament at the 1st attempt but never mind. Olympics next time!

2016 Olympics in Rio

View attachment 273740

Squad selection

View attachment 273739

So what we have here is the best of France u23 and Marvin Martin, Laurent Koscielny and Maxime Gonalons filling in the key positions of the center of midfielder and Center back Koscielny. Much happier with our attack Mbaye Niang, Yaya Sanogo and Lenny Nangis.

Aims
No targets this is just for fun! Would be great to win the olympic title here as it will be flooded with regens by 2020.

Pre Olympic friendlys

Brazil u23 1-0 France u23

France U23 4-0 New Zealand U23

France u23 1-0 Austrailia u23

Got a some good results for a team litterally thrown together. Only got beaten by Brazil who have Lucas Moura and Neymar!

Group A

France U23's Olympic campaign kicks off against the Ivory Coast. Should get through the group with only Argentina to worry about

---- Match 1 ----

Ivory Coast U23 V France U23
So you've seen the squad. Anderson Angloma joined Man City and was immediately injured "I overworked the rest of the team during the friendlys so we'll have to rotate in the group phase" Ivory Coast are no slouch though with Lacina Toure, Cheick Tiote and Seydou Doumbia all starting

Ivory Coast U23 0-1 France U23
Nangis

Lenny Nangis got the French show on the road before left back Jacquet got taken off injured but that aside it was all nice and easy. Argentina drew with Austrailia just to round of "a grand opening day"

View attachment 273761

Argentina 1-1 Austrailia

View attachment 273762

---- Match 2 ----

France U23 V Argentina U23
What should be our hardest match in the group. Argentina stand out player Guido Mas, Erik Lamela and Javier Pastore on the bench

France U23 2-0 Argentina U23
Cisse
Nangis

Wow fantastic! We had no problems getting the victory again. Argentina offered very little and were quite disappointing as we secured our place in the quarter final. Want to beat Austrailia to win the group

View attachment 273763

Australia U23 3-0 Ivory Coast U23

View attachment 273764

---- Match 3 ----

France U23 V Austrailia U23
Groups won so I'll drop the best 5 players i can to prepare to the quarter finals "This is the back up players chance to prove themselves"

France U23 0-0 Austrailia U23

Totally uneventful game but enough for us to win the group which is all that matters

View attachment 273765

Groups won and Argentina are out which makes it even better
View attachment 273766

Other shocks may go down as Japan finishing bottom and Italy failing to get through Group D
View attachment 273767

Olympics Quarter Finals

View attachment 273793

Draw was very kind to us and Costa Rica should offer little problems with only major teams left in the competition being Portugal and Brazil

France U23 V Costa Rica U23
Almost back to full strength for the first knockout game. Only Angloma still not quite fit

France U23 4-0 Costa Rica U23
Martin
Sanogo 3

Match was all but over as we went 2-0 up before half time. Sanogo completed his hat trick in the second half as we eased into the Semi Final

View attachment 273792

No surprises in this stage. Favorites Brazil, Portugal and France all through with Saudi Arabia

View attachment 273794

Olympics Semi Finals

Drat! Obviously Saudi Arabia were the desired opponents but instead we get a very strong Portugal team

Portugal U23 V France U23
Only one team stand in the way of our second final of the summer. Portugal has there fair share of Brilliant regens as it is but they also have Euro 2016 players Cristiano Ronaldo, Fabio Coentrao, Armando Ferreira and Nelson Oliveria. I Couldn't call up any of my Euro players

Portugal 0-3 France U23
Martin
Sanogo 2

France to the early advantage and took the lead through Marvin Martin. We stayed in control and finished them off late in the second half with a double from Sanogo to get to the final quite comfortably

View attachment 273812

Brazil Out!!!!!

Shocking scenes in the other semi final as hosts Brazil loose 2-0 to Saudi Arabia

View attachment 273813

View attachment 273834

Olympics Finals

From the Maracana

View attachment 273833

Going into the tournament we were hopeful of getting through the group stages then taking it as it comes and to reach the final with Brazil and Portugal out leaves the burden of heavy favorites on us

France U23 V Saudi Arabia U23

France U23
Once again we go in at full strength and poor Angloma, Our best wing back just can't break back into the team.

Saudi Arabia U23
Just bothered myself to check there team for the 1st time and there a lot better than i expected

The Match

1st Half

11- Goal - France - L Nangis

28 - Red Card - Saudi - Al-Subaie

HT - France U23 1-0 Saudi Arabia U23

Were in total control. No threat from the 10 men Saudi's another goal will seal the gold medal​

74 - Goal - France - Y Sanogo

Well its not the Euros but what a time to become an Olympic gold medalist. France win there second Olympic gold in football after the 1984 success "I don't think anyone would complain if they had been told we'd be Runners up in the Euopean Championships if we could take home the Gold medal from Rio"

2016/17 Season Preview

Third times a charm! We've got to win the Champions League this time!

Targets
Season 3 Is a new dawn. After loosing to Man City in the Champions League I decided the oldies had to go and any position I was not totally happy with I had to spend big to fill the gap with the best players I can attract.

Premiership - Winner
FA Cup - Winner
League Cup - Winner
Champions League - Winner
Media prediction is only 2nd again! Despite spending big and winning the league with record points Man City remain favorites but I fear Villa more than City

With the European Championships and our Champions League disaster I decided I'd get all out transfer dealing done before the end of the season. Wise move as I was totally distracted from the start of June to the start of August with France

In

Transfer Record broken for M'Villa, Rojo also costing a bomb more youth to the youth team

Yann M'Vila
View attachment 274493

So the jists of it is we only just broke the transfer record by 500k spending £45.5m to add the French holding midfielder to the team adding competition for places "I've worked with Yann with France and I think he can make our team even more stable than we were at the back last year"

Marco's Rojo
View attachment 274492

"I tried to buy Rojo for Villa 4 years ago but we couldn't secure a permit and he ended up eventually with Spurs
some how
" I was not totally sold on buying Rojo this summer, funny when you spend £30m on him but despite his brilliant performances Ged McGregor was apparently struggling to Handel the pressure so he will be back up for now

Felipe Torres
After spending a season at Villareal Torres is ready to come in and be back up to Neymar

Youth players
View attachment 274494View attachment 274495View attachment 274496

Out
£50m of income with club icons Vidic, Fletcher and Evra amongst the leavers

1st team players leaving
Paul Robinson Retired so I Promoted young keeper Gollini to be the No2

Vidic "£3.8m" and Fletcher "£3m" went to Wolves as they had no place in my new team.

Evra "£3.7m" went to Marseille, Ashley Young "£14.5m" Porto, Van Der Wiel "£14.75m"

Back up players leaving
Adnan Januzaj - Portsmouth and Nav Dhanjal - Derby

One to make me smile after 1 season out on loan after arriving on a free
Michele Carnasciali - Napoil £8.5m

Loan watch
View attachment 274498
This should be Ishmail and Christensen last season before arriving in the 1st team

Other summer news
Seating expansion announced and complete during Pre season! This was after selling out every game last season
Bit of financial news. Under my leadership the wage bill is now only the 4th highest in the league and £15m less than when I took over with further cuts planned next summer

New team Captains
With Captain Nemadja Vidic and vice captain Patric Evra both leaving the club we had to select new player for this role. Phil Jones won the Captaincy while he'll be assisted by Marek Hamsik

View attachment 274499

Managers
Big job swap around Europe helped by the International sackings

Malaga - Sinisa Mihajlovic - sacked Mark Hughes
Sevilla - Rudi Garcia - Sacked Marcelo Bielsa
PSG - Philippe Montanier - Rudi Gacia ^
Germany - Thomas Schaaf
Portugul - R Sa Pinto - Sporting Manager
Italy - Massimo Allegri - Ac Milan manager
AC Milan - Claudio Prandelli
Holland - Huub Stevens - Wereder Bremen manager
Schalke - Ricardo Moniz - Job swap with Hubb Stevens ^
Wolves - Steve McLaren - Michael Laudrup leaves to manage Bayern Munich

Relegated teams
Reading - Leon Osman - sack Graeme Jones
Huddersfield - Maurico Pochettino - sacked Michael Owen

Top 10 Transfer

Not including Man Utd Deals

Jordi Amat - Valencia - £22m
Gary Medel - Real Sociedad - £17.25m
Kevin De Bruyne - Arsenal - £16.75m
Mateo Kovacic - Man City - £15.75m
Diego Polenta - Arsenal - £15m
Marco Reus - Paris SG - £14.75m
Xherdan Shaqiri - Arsenal - £13.75m
Henrik Mkhiaryan - Aston Villa - £13.75m
*Michael Krejci - PSV - £13m
Jetro Willems - Tottenham - £12.5m

*Michael Krejci - PSV
View attachment 274500

Man Utd First team 2016

View attachment 274501

I said last summer Evra and Vidic would have there last hurrah. Had they guided us to the Champions League I'd have certainly kept them as back up with a future of coaching job and the chance to win the European Super Cup and World Club Cup but that teams failure led to there demise and the transfer bing I went on. "Some great youngsters on there way to the 1st team too"

Bored of Man Utd yet? Fancying a new challenge?

Community Shield 2016

View attachment 274502
At Wembley

Man Utd V Aston Villa

View attachment 274504

Ahh my favorite fixture. "A match with Aston Villa never seems too far away does it"

After loosing our Community Shield last season on penalty's im hoping the mix of quality and youthful hunger can help to ge tour season off with a bang and get the shield back!

Man Utd
Plenty of players missing tonight. New wing back Marco's Rojo is banned, Ferreira and Neymar are at the Olympics and Ged McGregor is injured. U18's played today so there unavailable too

Aston Villa
Only player missing from the Villa team is Man Utd Goalkeeper Lars Antonsen who somehow ended up on loan there. "Show where my head was during the summer"

The Match

1st Half

17 - Goal - A Villa - Turrini

43 - Goal - Man Utd - Thiago

HT - Man Utd 1-1 Aston Villa

Very even 1st half but we deservedly brought it level right on half time to make for a very interesting 1st half

64 - Goal - A Villa - Sigursson

87 - Goal - Man Utd - Valencia

FT - Man Utd 2-2 Aston Villa

View attachment 274505

Despite pummeling them in the 2nd half we looked beat till we made some attacking changes and Antonio Valencia's goal with 3 minutes to go forced the game to penalty's

Pens
1-1
2-2
2-3 - Rodriguez miss
3-4
4-4 - Jones misses final penalty
4-4 - Jose Angel and Valencia both miss 1st sudden death
5-4 - Welbeck miss

View attachment 274506

Aston Villa beat Man Utd on penalty for the second season in a row

View attachment 274507

"Utterly ridiculous that we missed 3 penalty's in a row which is disgraceful! Its even harder to take after we dominated the match in such a fashion"

Bored of Man Utd yet? Fancying a new challenge?

Desire to win the Champions League is keeping me here! It has almost become my mission in life to get the trophy. Brilliant regens coming through too. Never intended being at United so long but. "If it was happening for real" is what i keep asking myself

August

- Season kicks off at the Etihad with a brilaint win
- Klippybo will be delighted to here that Lee Clark is Newcastle's manager
- Very Similar Champions League group

Fixtures

"Mancini Moments"​
"If Donald and his team want to retain there title they have to beat the big teams"

Man City V Man Utd - Premiership
What a way to start the season "Im Just back in the door after being away at the Olympics and right into face our hardest league match of the season"

Man City 0-2 Man Utd
Rooney
Hamsik

What a start! Wayne rooney scored his 250th Man Utd goal just before half time. Hamsik doubled the lead with 20 minutes to go and we were never in danger after that. "Great start lads you looked really hungry there, This will be a great season"

Man Utd V Newcastle - Premiership
Lee Clark the Newcastle manager is expecting his side to put a early dent in Man Utd's title hopes "Someone needs to remind him its not 1996 anymore" Johnny Evans makes 200th club appearance today

Man Utd 5-0 Newcastle
Ferreria 3
Evans
Giddings

View attachment 274659

Marek Hamsik out for a month

A very familure. Infact uncomfortably familure! And even better that there was 100,000 people there to see it

[video=youtube;q5T9Yfo2Gs4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5T9Yfo2Gs4[/video]

Blackburn V Man Utd - Premiership
After newcastle there is something symbolic about Blackburn being next on the fixture list "Teams that challenged our domanence in the 90's that have since dissapeared down the table and sometimes out of the Premiership all together"

Blackburn 0-3 Man Utd
Jones
Ferreira
Welbeck

After a difficult opening to the game Phil Jones put us ahead just before half time. Ferreria and Welbeck goals in the 2nd half put the game to rest

Europe
Champions League
Group Draw
View attachment 274658

Group E awaits us for this years Champions League. A tougher group than i'd have liked but we beat Dorrtmund last year and Benfica are probably not quite as good as Juventus "I still expect us to win the group"

A perfect start. Newcastle and Blackburn games were matches i expected to win but to win comfortably away to Man City was amazing. Calming down a litle bit is that Aston Villa have made a better start than we have while Arsenal and Chelsea made good starts and after loosing to United Man City won there two remaining games.

Player of the Month
Armando Ferreira
View attachment 274660

What a start in his first season in the starting 11. Rooney maybe hitting blanks but if Ferreira is going to do this then who needs Rooney's 40+ goals

September

- Destroy Leeds in the War of the Roses
- Beat Slavan Bilic in club football at West Ham to get minor revenge for Euro 2016
- Blackburn Sack Van Basten and hire Mario Bielsa to lift them off the foot of the Premiership
- Beat Brentford in the League Cup, Punished with Arsenal in 4th round

Fixtures

Man Utd V Leeds Utd - Premiership
The Roses derby has been badly missed from the Lancaster and Yorkshire brigades "Its a fixture you look for when the calendar is announced when its a team i hate and a manager i hate, Craig Levein"

Man Utd 6-0 Leeds Utd
Thiago 2
Jones
Giddings
Ferreira
Van Duren

"The fans have waited for over a decade to do this to one of our biggest rivals in the league"

Man Utd V Dortmund - Champions League match 1
"There's nothing quite like opening night in the Champions League" Like last season Dortmund are still a good team who wont be easy to over come

Man Utd 5-0 Dortmund
Rooney 2
Neymar
O'G
Valencia

After a being "rested" against Leeds Rooney returned to the team with a early double before the rest on the team joined in

West Ham V Man Utd - Premiership
After two huge wins its time to show we can do the same on the road too while Man City play Arsenal with Jose Mourinho playing his old team

West Ham 0-3 Man Utd
Thiago
Ferreira
Cabaye

Thiago got the show on the road before getting a straight red card. Thankful we got another two in the second half to secure the 3 points and gained a very small level of revenge over Slavan Bilic for the Euro 2016 results!

Man Utd V Brentford - League cup 3rd round
I said im taking this competition more serious this season but still a back up team should walk this

Man Utd 3-1 Brentford
Hewitt 2
O'G

Danny Welbeck got injured and his replacement Tom Hewitt, making his debut gave us the half time lead. Brentford fought back in the second half and equalized. THoughts of last seasons disasters were quickly forgotten as Hewitt got a second and a O'G finished Brentford off

View attachment 274898

Man Utd V Tottenham - Premiership
Tottenham have made a awful start to the season after last seasons form and considering the squad they've built up

Man Utd 4-0 Tottenham
Cabaye
Neymar
Ferreira
Rooney

Our home thumping procession goes on. Didn't know what we were going to get with Spurs having a really good squad but suddenly misfiring so far this season

Rosenberg V Man Utd - Champions League match 2
The boys that beat Brentford are back for a trip to Norway

Rosenberg 0-5 Man Utd
Welbeck 3
Giddings 2

Back up team had no problems getting past the Norwegian to make for a good start to the Champions League

Europe
View attachment 274899

A perfect start to the group. Two 5-0 wins, Can't do much better than that!

League
View attachment 274902

Like in Europe we've made a stunning start. 6 wins from 6 and 23 goals with non conceded. ONly problem Chelsea have also made a equally good start and we face off next!

Player of the Month
Yohann Cabaye
View attachment 274903

The Frenchman is on top of his game. He's been relegated to the bench but a injury to Hamsik then Thiago's suspension left him with a run through the month!

France

France V Kazakhstan - World cup Qualifier Match 1
Well this is my first qualifier match in charge of France and it should be a simple win. Benzema will get his 90th cap

France 6-0 Kazakhstan
Cabaye 2
Benzema 3
Galim

Was 0-0 at half time but a stunning 2nd half display

Wales v France - World cup Qualifier Match 2
After a perfect start against Kazakhstan were away to Wales for a trickier tie "Last time we player at the millennium stadium we lost" New Man Utd recruit Yann M'Villa reaches 50 caps

Wales 0-3 France
Arfa
Payet
Remey

A Comfortable dominant win "We've come along way in 2 years boys well done"

View attachment 274901

October

- Top of the table clash with Chelsea ends all our hard work in 90 minutes
- Beat Arsenal in League Cup draw Liverpool in Quarter final
- Everton sack Steve Clarke. Van Basten takes over
- Wolves sack Steve Mclaren, Nigel Adkins joins from Ipswich

Fixtures

"Mancini Moments"
"Man Utd play Chelsea today and i can't see either of them winning the league to be honest"

Chelsea V Man Utd - Premiership
My old friend Roberto Di Matteo may not be so much my friend now that were fighting for a title but were still on amicable terms

Chelsea 3-2 Man Utd
Rooney
Valencia

First Mata then Torres broke down the unmovable force to help Chelsea towards a 2-0 halftime lead. No sooner had we pulled it back to 2-2 did Hazard make it 3-2 Chelsea and that's how it finished. All our records gone at once!

Man Utd V Liverpool - Premiership
Arite arite calm down calm down the scourers are in town and after a international break its time to get back to winning ways!

Man Utd 0-0 Liverpool

Dominated the ball but only got 2 shots on target!

Man Utd V Benfica - Champions League match 3
Ok so Benfica are nowhere near the last two opposition so a win is a must here!

Man Utd 1-1 Benfica
Rooney

Another embarrassing attacking display and result to match

Aston Villa V Man Utd - Premiership
Both these title challengers had awful mid week results in Europe and will both be looking to get back on form in the league today

Aston Villa 2-1 Man Utd
Jones

Made a great start with Thiago getting sent off after 7 minutes and Villa took the lead through to half time. A second goal followed leaving Phil Jones late goal only a consolation!

"Jose Watch"
Yep he's back! First time I've herd of him since he took over at Arsenal
"If we stick to our game plan we can get a win against Man Utd"

Arsenal V Man Utd - League Cup
Win or bust today! If we loose im going to take some time out and consider making some player and tactical change

Arsenal 0-1 Man Utd
Rooney

We made a great start and Rooney got the only goal. "Shame we performed so badly to get our 1st win of the month"

Man Utd V Wolves - Premiership
So we got right on the back track against Arsenal now over to Wolves

Man Utd 4-0 Wolves
Neymar 2
Rooney
Welbeck

Halfway through the half another red card for Rojo this time. Neymar got us in the lead right after that and Rooney made it safe in the second half with a 2nd from Neymar and Welbeck fished the show off

Europe
The Benfica match Sucked!!

View attachment 275302

League

Our form was ****** awful. Played most of our title challengers in a month and the only one we won was in the League Cup to Arsenal.
View attachment 275306

Player of the Month

Neymar
View attachment 275305
The Brazilian gets it in a month where nobody really shone

France
France rise to 7th in the world with 2 wins

Germany V France - World cup qualifier match 3
The battle for top spot between the two big dogs of the group "A win would be great but just avoiding defeat is my aim today. Cabaye and Sakho both get 60th caps

Germany 0-1 France
O'G

A first half with no action at all was all to change in the second half as France took the lead from kick off Germany didn't have any luck today with a red card and disallowed goal but great for us.

France v Cyprus - World Cup Qualifier match 4
After beating the Germans a easy win is expected today at home to Cyprus

France 6-0 Cyprus
Benzema 3
Sissoko
Pogba
Griezmann

Great result with Benzema taking his international tally to 61

View attachment 275303

Stand out player

Anderson Angloma
View attachment 275304

This youngster came to my attention when we were putting a squad together for the Olympics and with Cissoko injured for the Germany match Angloma came in and put in a man of the match performance.

Back