Evolution of the football manager

Mancini always leaves then goes back, great stuff as always mate :)

loving this mate, I loved the "Jose Watch" bit, KIU mate :D

Thanks. Was great to go up against him 1 on 1 and win. Really dissapointed that he got sacked as im not expecting the same fireworks or drama from scarfman!

This is a quality read! Must have spent hours reading it on and off! I was abit dissapointed when you left Villa because I wanted to see how far you could take them, but not many people would turn down the United job and I look forward to seeing if you win the champions league this year because I think you will have no problem with retaining the title!

Yeah leaving Villa was a real hit or miss but after last season im glad i did. Not winning everything at the 1st go especially Barca in the Champions League has strenghted my desire to win it this time round

Thanks again for those messages guys, really spurred me on to go on with this story and see where it goes.

How do you take the screenshots and then where do you find them? I'm thinking about making a thread on my career.

Been a while since i commented so here it goes -

images

How do you take the screenshots and then where do you find them? I'm thinking about making a thread on my career.

I play the game in windowed mode so i can flick between righting up my story, flicking through the net and for transferring pictures.

How i do the pictures is i use the Print screen button "Prt Scr" is what it says on my keyboard its right next to the F12 command button. This takes a picture of the entire screen and basically acts as a copy for you to paste it in a relevant document like paint.

So i open a paint document, paste it into paint and save it under a relevant recognizable name in my FM Story folder i created on my desktop. Then theres ready to be uploaded when i post to the forum

I play the game in windowed mode so i can flick between righting up my story, flicking through the net and for transferring pictures.

How i do the pictures is i use the Print screen button "Prt Scr" is what it says on my keyboard its right next to the F12 command button. This takes a picture of the entire screen and basically acts as a copy for you to paste it in a relevant document like paint.

So i open a paint document, paste it into paint and save it under a relevant recognizable name in my FM Story folder i created on my desktop. Then theres ready to be uploaded when i post to the forum

Crl + F9 an then uploading the file works just as well too

November

- 28th November, The streak ends with a 1-1 draw at Anfield of all places
- Youngster Antonin Gaudin easily becomes the youngest premiership player ever. 15 years and 197 days. Also making him the youngest assister

View attachment 271986

Sacking Jose Mourinho set of a managerial merry-go round

- Arsenal's Carlo Anceotti chosen for Barcelona job. Jose ends the merry-go round he started off by moving to Arsenal
- Blackburn finally sack David Moyes - In comes Betis manager Marco Van Basten
Then to complicate things further
- Everton sack Chris Hughton - New manager will arrive in December

Fixtures

Besiktas V Man Utd - Champions League Match 4
Another adventure for the young guys and back up players with Rooney and co on the bench if they need some help because this may be a test that's just beyond the kids although i said that when we played Eveton where we won 4-0!

Besiktas 0-6 Man Utd
Giddings
Cleverley
Ferreira
O'G
Welbeck
Young​

The 3 points were well in the bag by half time when we were 4-0 up another 2 in the second half was great as was Juventus winning 4-2 in Dortmund so we've won the group already only playing strong teams in two of 6 games

View attachment 271982

"Mancini Moments"
"Ok i believe United will win the league and will certainly do well against Huddersfield"

Man Utd V Huddersfield - Premiership
****** ****. Were doing something right if we can sell out 91,000 seats for a home match against Huddersfield who after a great start are now 19th. Huddersfield's manager is former Man Utd striker Michael Owen

Man Utd 4-0 Huddersfield
Rooney 2
Valencia 2​

Straight forward win. Was 4-0 at halftime and that's how it stayed!

Southampton V Man Utd - Premiership
Again we've got a match we'd expect to win.

Southampton 0-3 Man Utd
Neymar
Welbeck 2​

Rooney didn't have his greatest day. Perhaps all the real life story's are bothering his virtual form!

Man Utd V Fulham - Premiership
So after a shot international break where most of the boy came back tired we have to get right tback on track with two huge games after this! Juventus is a worthless game so full strength today

Man Utd 4-0 Fulham
De Vrij
Rooney 2
Neymar​

"Probably not the induction Yossi wanted to football management but at least his toughest match is out of the way and i wish him luck with the rest of the season"

Man Utd V Juventus - Champions League Match 5
Were through and we've won the group so this will be as clear of my usual starting 11 as possible "Didn't expect to give youth and back up players this much champions league exposure but they've earned it"

Man Utd 3-1 Juventus
Giddings 2
Ferreira​

No idea how the kids did this but a brilliant win and a great performance. Lead all the way

View attachment 271983

"Mancini Moments"
"I think this is just the match to end Man Utd's run. Liverpool being on of there oldest rivals who will be extra determined to end the streak"

Liverpool V Man Utd - Premiership
Back to the premiership and my old friend Brendan Rodgers thinks the can end out 13 match winning run IF they stick to there game plan "1 on 1 nobody in England can beat us at the moment as long as we continue to play as we have"

Liverpool 1-1 Man Utd
Vidic​

Captain Vidic got his 23rd goal for United just before half time to edge us ahead at half time. Liverpool came back with Jose Enrique with 20 minutes to go "i panicked and went all out to try and get the win rather than be patient and Liverpool were set up perfectly to counter us and keep us out"

Europe
Gladly our back up players won easily out in Turkey which left us through as group winners and then our youth players got my result of the season against Juventus

League
New challengers emerge
View attachment 271985

Our worst month of the season by far as we dropped 2 points, Unacceptable! On top of that 2 new challengers are right on my heels Tottenham and a certain Aston Villa team are doing incredibly well in these early days

Player of the Month
Nemanja Vidic
View attachment 271984

As our 100% league record went down the toilet in Liverpool our goalscorer on that day was our star of the outstanding defensive perfromances we've had so far

France

France V Spain - International friendly
Time to see what difference 9 months makes as we face Spain again to test out credentials for the European Championships. Just 7 months away now!

France 1-0 Spain - International friendly
Sakho​

Well no major change from our match earlier in the year except we sneaked a goal. This would be most acceptable in the European Championship final

France V England - International friendly
With a busy fixture schedule ahead i realized this is a brilliant chance to injured some of my rivals key players but hopefully non of mine!

France 2-0 England - International friendly
Benzema
Ben Arfa​

After this i Somehow we dropped 1 place in the world rankings!

Stand out player
Ben Arfa
View attachment 271981

Last edited:

European Championship 2016 Group Draw

View attachment 271997

France despite falling outside the top 20 in the world will as host be seeded 1st for there European Championships. Draw being made at the Stad De France home of the 1998 world cup win

View attachment 271998

French Football chairman Nöel Le Graët gets the draw under way with the 4th seeded teams

View attachment 271999 View attachment 272000

France's legend of the 1958 World Cup. 13 goal hero Just Fontaine arrives to draw the 3rd seeds

View attachment 272001 View attachment 272002

Current French manager Darran Donald is on the scene to draw the 2nd seeds. Hoping "To give his side as easy a draw as possible avoiding the Germans and getting group C would be ideal!" We wont know how it will go till the final country's come out"

View attachment 272004

Frances greatest player Zinadane Zidane fittingly ends the draw with the seeded teams and three favorites France, England and Spain
View attachment 272005

View attachment 272006 View attachment 272007

So what do you think of your group?

"After my part in the performance was done and we just had the top seeds to draw i was really not concerned as long as i missed the Germans in Group A and Belgium in group D so my second best bet was Group E and I'd expect us to comfortably beat Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro"

"I can also announce my 23 man squad will play 6 friendly in the build up to the tournament. Poland, Greece, Moldova, Hungary and San Marino will all face us in the run up to our opening match"

December

- Huge month here. Home game to Man City and trips to my new challengers Aston Villa and Spurs
- Man Utd end the year disgraced by Villa as he our unbeaten run dies
- Also lost to Dortmund in Europe but that didnt matter as we had long since won the group.

Champions League last 16
View attachment 272108

Man City's luck with draws doesn't end in real life and is extended to my Football manager game!
On the other side of Manchester im quite happy with Schalke with only AC Milan to fear in the draw

The manager merigo fiasco of November continued
Everton needed a new manager and they went to West Brom to take my old enemy Steve Clarke
West Brom hire Paul Lambert to end the sequence.

Fixtures

QPR V Man Utd - Premiership
After the disappointment of dropping the 100% record the players must step up today and perform to the expected standard

QPR 0-2 Man Utd
Neymar 2

Two Neymar goals in the 1st half were enough tonight despite Yohan Cabaye testing my patients by being sent off again! in this reshedualed game. De Gea also earned his keep ny saving a late penalty to add another clean sheet to his record.

"Mancini Moments"​
"Having had a month to evaluate the state of the Premiership now i don't see Man Utd being much of a threat to our title charge"
"Er Roberto have a look a the table you mug"

Tottenham V Man Utd - Premiership
"Spurs will be a very hard team to get a result out of. They've spent big and spent well and there best signing of all has to be Guiseppe Rossi who has made the difference between being mid pack and fighting for the title"

Tottenham 1-2 Man Utd
Thiago
Rooney

In the 1st half Rooney ran the show. He did all the work for the 1st and scored the 2nd. Unfortunately Phil Jones who came in for Cabaye got sent off so now there both banned for the next league game at West Brom! Lewandowski broke the clean sheet in the closing minutes but to late to take away a great win!

Dortmund V Man Utd - Champions League Match 6
Back up team again for what will probably be there final match in the Champions League "I'd love to help put Dortmund out of the competitions as im not a fan of Klopp's attempts running a great club"

Dortmund 1-0 Man Utd

Disappointing to end the group with a defeat "It didn't matter at all and we've really just been waiting for the quarter final draw since early November"

View attachment 272109

Man Utd v West Brom - Premiership
"Paul Lambert makes his debut for West Brom at Old Trafford. You couldn't ask for more of a baptism of fire. I hope he has more luck than the last guy who tried to debut at Old Trafford"

Man Utd 5-0 West Brom
Rooney 3
Valencia
Giddings

"Paul Lambert has a big job on hand but i have faith he can improve West Brom more than there previous manager"

"Mancini moments"​
"If we can perform like we did against Tottenham last time out then we have a great chance of getting a result"
They won 4-0!

Man Utd V Man City - Premiership
"Man City have started a mini revival under Mancini although I'd expected any manager with that sort of money behind them to be winning every game, Except for when they play United"

Man Utd 2-0 Man City
Neymar
Vidic

First half went perfectly to plan as we took the lead from a Neymar goal. THe second half had a horrific start with Evra being sent off resulting in a shuffle with Neymar coming off for Johnny Evans as we looked to protect the lead and from a set piece Vidic made it 2-0 which is a lead Man Utd just don't give away anymore! "Another fantastic victory over our closest rivals to show who's top in Manchester and in England"

West Ham V Man Utd - Premiership
Billic believes that our form has made us clear favorites for the league

West Ham 1-3 Man Utd
Giddings
Hamsik
O'G

United made a shocking start and the hammers took full advantage to take the lead. United the fought back with Giddings and then a Hamsik penalty put us in the lead for the 1st time just before half time. Second half started much better with a 3rd goal making the game safe.

Aston Villa V Man Utd - Premiership
My former side Aston Villa have caused us lost of problems in 2015 as they beat us for the FA Cup and the Community shield. "A small bit of revenge at the start of the season and i hope we can repeat that form"

Aston Villa 4-0 Man Utd

Despite playing against 10 men from the 15th minute we were totally outplayed in the 1st half and 2 goals by Mateo Kovacic put Villa into a big lead at half time. At half time i go mental at the team. There showing no respect for the opposition "Go show some pride and get a result in the 2nd half" That failed and Villa promptly went 3-0 up! Off came my 2 center backs for 2 strikers then 1 minute later Smalling is sent off. After that we finally started making chance after chance but nothing was going right and the only goal that came was Kovacic netting his hat trick. Fines galore, but we did have 65% possession!

Man Utd V Norwich - Premiership
After that total embarrassment at Villa park I've been left with a few important decisions to be made with the transfer window open right after this game. "A few players are playing for there futures today"

Man Utd 4-0 Norwich
Neymar 2
Hamsik 2

Easy win but not without further damage! Both goalkeepers went off injured with Neymar out for a week and Hamsik for a month. Great!

Europe
Lost to Dortmund with reserves nothing really to note. No surprises in the qualifying teams what so ever!

League
View attachment 272111
Gap at the top opens up to 10 points but that Villa performance may have set the squad back some way with Rooney especially. Rooney totally underperformed as the month grew on and was useless after the West Brom game

Player of the Month
Marek Hamsik
View attachment 272110

The Slovakian midfielder got more than his fair share of vital goals in December. Gutted that he'll miss January!

Last edited:
Oh we hate Man U we hate Man U etc etc.

Sed person - may I suggest highlighting your scorers in some way to make it easier to read (diff colour or bolden them or summat).

Dont have to like!

Mooooooooooo

Oh we hate Man U we hate Man U etc etc.

Sed person - may I suggest highlighting your scorers in some way to make it easier to read (diff colour or bolden them or summat).

Dont have to like!

Mooooooooooo

All input and comments greatly appreciated

Yes Yes even from you klippybo!

Wasnt so much of a problem when it was just Rooney scoring every time. Got into a horrible habit of forgetting to highlight my quotes which is grinding my gears atm.

Updated Decembers review. Ya'll think thats clearer?

Last edited:

January

- Real Madrid make several bids on Thiago but he's not for sale
- Convincing cup wins over Bristol City and QPR. Help towards a major upturn in form.
- Leo Messi waltzes to a 1st World player of the year award since 2011. Rooney not even in the top 3!. Thiago and Rooney do get into World team of the year.

New inductee Ben Arfa joins the set up. Still neither of my left backs Cissokho or Clichy have eclipsed Evra at left back

Fixtures

Man Utd V Bristol City - FA Cup 3rd round
Were back to try and win the one English competition that we failed with last season "We were humbled by Aston Villa last time i will not let that happen again"

Man Utd 3-0 Bristol City
Cleverley 2
Giddings

Cleverley scored in the 1st half and Giddings got 2 in the second half for a comfy win as expected

Swansea V Man Utd - Premiership
"Alan Pardew hasn't had such a good season this time round. His side have really struggled to find goals with only 19 so far this season"

Swansea 3-1 Man Utd
Valencia

Neither keeper had conceded in there last 2 games however both conceded today in the 1st half and went in level at half time. The 1st Swansea's goal came from a player of mine Sanogo. Swansea took the lead early on in the 2nd half and secured there win with a few minutes left as we fall to consecutive defeats!

-------------------------------------Team meeting-------------------------------------

After a terrible month for our team i felt we had to cal a team meeting and make sure everyone is pulling in the same direction
"OK boys were in a bit of a blip now but i know we have the quality to turn it around and get back to winning ways"
All the boys except Thiago and Phil Jones react very positively

Man Utd V Chelsea - Premiership
"We've lost our last 2 games after going on a brilliant run Today i demand you win"

Man Utd 5-1 Chelsea
Neymar 2
Rooney 2
O'G

A double from Neymar almost had us cruising into half time but Torres pulled Chelsea back into it right on the half time whistle. The second half was all about 1 player who has been awful for the last 30 days. Wayne Rooney!! Scoring 2 and a O'G rounded off Chelsea's day

Man Utd V Wolves - Premiership
Well Chelsea looked like a huge step in the right direction. Michael Laudrups Wolves up now "More of the same please"

Man Utd 4-0 Wolves
Neymar 2
Rooney 2

Two huge wins back to back since i held a team meeting Rooney and Neymar among the goals.

Everton V Man Utd - Premiership
Never a easy place to go and for a team just starting to find there way again its another tricky test

Everton 0-2 Man Utd
Rooney
Giddings

Well to be honest i didn't know how we'd get on here but the guys did good. Rooney got the show on the road but it took a strong defensive display until young Andy Giddings stepped up again to secure the game

QPR V Man Utd - FA Cup 4th Round
Steve McLaren is having a tough time at QPR and cup run is just what he needs to save his job "We have no problems with adding to there problems to achieve a cup win"

QPR 0-4 Man Utd
Ferreira
Neymar
Giddings
Hamsik

Wow QPR were bad. We weren't firing on all cylinders but still came through with a comfortable 4-0 win to end the month on a more positive vibe than we ended the last

Won all but the 1 defeat to Swansea but our emerging rivals Aston Villa are looking much more dangerous than ever before gap still 10 points but Villa have a game in hand. Spurs, Chelsea and Man City made no major improvements in there challenges.

Player of the Month
Neymar
View attachment 272207

While Rooney continues to misfire Neymar has finally added a lot of goals to his game and at a vital time

Transfer Window January 2016

Man Utd Transfers

IN

Paul Robinson
View attachment 272208

Will probably never play for us but he can be suitable 3rd choice and was our addition till the summer at least."Paul May get a extesion depending on what happens with Lars Anderson next summer"

Q - Any other dealings in the pipeline?
A - "Non at all the squad has more than enough depth if anything still too much and theres some under 18s who are good enough for the 1st team now and deserve there chance"

Out

Only Significant leaver was Marc Stegen who fell out with me and was sold. Talented Yoann Gourcuff never played a game for Man Utd but made us a handsome fee for his 6 months in Manchester

Yoann Gourcuff
Cost about £2m in wages and sign on fee's so about £9m profit is pretty satisfying

Marc- Andre Ter Stegen
Again costing between £1.5m and £2m in wages and sign on fee's leaves us with around £5m in the bank thaks to Marc despite our falling out in November During a Champions League game which was a major part in his demise

Jay Clark
Young injury prone forward left on loanto Derby till the end of the season

Charni Ekangamene
Another member of the youth system who was usless. AVOID HIM!

Other Transfers
Valencia Athletico Madrid and Liverpool spend big to try and challenge the top sides in there leagues

Axel Witsel - Valencia - £22.5m
Sime Vrsaljiko - Man City - £21.5m
Inigo Matinez - A Madrid - £16.25m
Robert Zieler - A Madrid £15.75m
Zoran Tosic - Valencia - £14.25m
Romario - Benfica - £12.25m
Adam Johnson - Liverpool - £12.25m
Salvatore Bocchetti - Liverpool - £12.25m
Martin Olsen - Arsenal - £11.75m
Taras Stepanenko - Tottenham - £10.75m

Januarys big talking point
View attachment 272205

A famiure face will be back in the dugout at the Emirates. After a 1 year ban Mark Bowen will be back alongside manager Darran Donald
"Its great to have Mark back to help with his unmatched tactical input and skills in the dressing room on match day after a year of working behind the sceans"

How do you get the yellow lines then? I can't seem to get them

Fifa Match fixing report filed for Blackburn V Man Utd Premiership match

View attachment 272264

FIFA today met with Interpol on Monday soccer's governing body investigate illegal gambling and match-fixing, it announced on Friday following suspicious betting patterns on the Asian markets and betfair

The match in question is the Premiership match between Man Utd and Blackburn on 24/10/2015.
Neither Man Utd or Blackburn Rovers press office were available for questions but United manager Darran Donald offered a short statement

"I myself am mystified by this investigation however i welcome both Fifa and Interpol to do everything they feel necessary to clear up the situation and hopefully it will all be made clear that this is all just a big mistake"

What fm patch do you have coz my tactic screen is different lol? Thanks for this and great story

Just the steam 10.3 with LFC Marshalls last update in June and just the standard Windowed display set up. Cheers buddy

February

- Champions League 1st leg went perfectly to plan
- Overall form finally looks to be back on track
- FA Cup run continues. Quarter Final draws us with Stoke
- QPR End the month by sacking Steve McLaren
- Chris Smalling and Tom Cleverley both reach 100 United league games during February
- I also get a milestone as the Blackburn match is my 100th as Man Utd manager

View attachment 272462

Fixtures

Arsenal V Man Utd - Premiership
Two 4-0 and a 5-0 win in our last 3 matches against Arsenal "We've a brilliant recent record against the gunners and with our form starting to peak again i can expect more of the same"

Arsenal 2-2 Man Utd
Vidic
Hamsik

Well Olivier Giroud's goal from the kick off was not in plan but Vidic grabbing the equalizer settled us through to halftime. Arsenal started the 2nd half on fire too as Wilshere put Arsenal back in front for a few minutes till Hamsik brought it level again. Van Persie had a goal disallowed and they had the best chances to win it as it ran out a draw. Villa edge closer again

Man Utd V QPR - Premiership
If ever we needed to play QPR then for a bit of a morale boost and a few goals then today would be it

Man Utd 2-1 QPR
Rooney
Neymar

Once Rooney opened the story you would have expected that to be that however at the start of the 2nd half QPR equalized to add a bit of worry to our lives! Neymar brought us level but there was nothing positive coming out of here!
Liverpool drew with Aston Villa to do us a favor

Man Utd V Blackburn - Premiership
Blackburn are just above the danger zone and are the last team to come to Old Trafford this month with a run of away games waiting

Man Utd 2-0 Blackburn
Rooney 2

A Troubled start was put to rest By Rooney just before half time. A Second Rooney goal made it safe early in the second half and our thoughts moved onto the Champions League

Schalke V Man Utd - Champions League Last 16 1st Leg
Our 2nd assault on Champions League glory gets back underway for a 2nd consecutive Champions League game in Europe too

Schalke 0-4 Man Utd
Hamsik 2
Rooney
Valencia

2 goals ahead at half time meant we already had 1 foot in the last 8. Hamsiks 2nd and a 4th from Valencia means we can rest a few players at Old Trafford

Norwich V Man Utd - FA Cup 5th Round
"I hope there is no European hangover but I'd expect a result and performance like that can only breed further confidence and motivation for more of the same"

Norwich 1-3 Man Utd
Rooney
O'G
Welbeck

Raced to a quick 2 goal lead and that was that. Welbeck came off the bench to get a 3rd before Norwich score a 90th minute consolation. Having a great month with injury's

Reading V Man Utd - Premiership
Graeme Jones thinks United can win the title "BUt i don't think Graeme Jones will keep Reading up. Nothing personnel there just not good enough"

Reading 1-2 Man Utd
Cabaye
Rooney

We couldn't have wished for a worse start. Reading bossed the first 10 minutes and grabbed the lead and on the half hour Cabaye pulled us level and we thought we'd equalized through Valencia but it was disallowed. Played against 10 men for the whole 2nd half but just couldn't get the goal. Until the 92nd minute where Wayne Rooney popped up to head in what could be an invaluable goal

Europe
We had no problems what so ever in getting a great result against Schalke. Biggest surprise by a mile is Roberto Mancini beating his old team Barcelona 3-0

Aston Villa won there game in hand and have been clawing back the goal difference at the same time. "No doubts about it were under serious attack at the top" Chelsea and Man City's have come alive during February however its all to late for them. Huddersfield look doomed while plenty of other teams could join them. Very open from 12th-19th

Player of the Month
Wayne Rooney
View attachment 272465

Ok ok i know i said i wouldn't do Rooney for player of the month but after a few stinkers through December and January by Rooneys standards at least he was back to his old self in February

Dunno what's up can't seem to get the lines up? :/ so frustrating haha