Evolution of the football manager

Dunno what's up can't seem to get the lines up? :/ so frustrating haha

He's using the classic tactics like on the older versions of FM. This means he can't have player roles but he can use the arrows for the runs the players make,

March

- Schalke self implode in Champions League. Only Group winners to go out were the favorite Barcelona who couldn't overturn Man City's 3-0 1st leg win
- Quarter Final draw sets up a Manchester Derby. If we get plans that then either Real or Bayern will be out and
we will play the survivor
- QPR is David Moyes latest line of employment
- Thrash Stoke in FA Cup Quarter Finals 6-0. Rewarded with best Semi Final draw possible of Wolves
- Youth intake have 3 players of note were signed up. Two ok and one good, maybe great in the future?

View attachment 272758 View attachment 272759 View attachment 272760

Fixtures

Man Utd V Stoke - Premiership
Steve Kean thinks we can win the title ad i think "Keane will struggle to keep Stoke up. They've got further down the table each time i check and i believe there in big trouble"

Man Utd 3-1 Stoke
Neymar
Vidic
Ferreira

Neymar gave us the lead before Stoke equalized but Vidic managed put us back in front just before the break. And that was to be it until a stoppage time penalty from Ferreiramade the points safe

-- Villa lost at home to Man City. Thank you Roberto! --

Man Utd V Schalke - Champions League last 16 2nd leg
The tie is in a very comfortable situation so my regular European 1st team team. The reserves!

Man Utd 6-0 Schalke
Ferreira 2
Giddings 4

AGG
Man Utd 10-0 Schalke

View attachment 272765

Schalke did themselves absolutely no favors. Down to 9 men and 3-0 down before half time things only got worse for the Germans with another 3 goals following to make it a huge victory

Huddersfield V Man Utd - Premiership
Despite the best efforts of Jordon Rhodes Huddersfield have really struggled this time round and are already all but down "Its a shame after there last go in there premiership they looked brilliant and were unlucky to go down but not so this time"

Huddersfield 0-4 Man Utd
Rooney 3
Thiago

Comfortable as can be. Rooney was on top form and the title swung further our way.

-- Villa again slipped up 3-2 defeat at West Ham --

Man Utd V Southampton - Premiership
"With Aston Villa dropping points twice in a row we have got to push home the advantage and win every game till the title is won" Vidic is our first injury worry for a while and is out for a few weeks

Man Utd 3-1 Southampton
Rooney 2
Valencia

First half problems everywhere. No chances being made, Thiago off injured. And on the 55th minute it got worse as Southampton took the lead. However our regular stars Rooney and Valencia saved our blushes with a fine second half display

Man Utd V Stoke - FA cup Quarter Finals
Stoke have only got there cup run to be happy about so far this season as they are in 17th in the league and in big danger of going down. "We should have more than enough today"

Man Utd 6-0 Stoke
Rooney 3
Neymar
Valencia
Giddings

Floored it into a 4-0 lead after 20 minutes with a hatrick from Rooney so turned the tone down a bit but still managed to keep scoring through the rest of the game to walk into the semi finals

Fulham V Man Utd - Premiership
"Yossi's first experience of football management has not so far been a good one and i have no intentions of making it any better"

Fulham 0-4 Man Utd
Rooney
Cabaye
Neymar
Welbeck

United go 15 points clear with 15 points available. Fulham under Benayon have offered nothing and will struggle to avoid relegation

-- Villa's horrible run goes on as they drew 1-1 with Norwich to pretty much end there title hopes --

Man City V Man Utd - Champions League Quarter Final
The two form teams in the Premiership go head to heading Europe's biggest competition. "Both teams have outclassed all that they've faces since the turn of the year and its totally up in the air going into the tie"

Man City 1-1 Man Utd
Welbeck

The predicted stalemate lasted till the 75th minute when after Rooney got kicked off the park his replacement Danny Welbeck got the goal which looked to have given us a massive advantage going into the 2nd leg but Mario Balotelli had other ideas and drew Man City level giving them the advantage going into the 2nd leg

Schalke was so easy it was ridiculous and i thought then we were going to pay for having it so easy so far and as it turned out with the quarter final draw and result

The leagues over really. Villa have to win there last 5 games and we have too loose them and see a 22 goal swing in goal difference. Battle for 2nd -5th is really coming to life with Man City's revival. Bottom 3 are slightly adrift and either Fulham or Reading really need 2 wins quickly

Player of the Month
Armando Ferreira
View attachment 272774

The young Portuguese winger came into his own and was easily the star of the month, Where have we herd that before?

France

France V Germany - International Friendly
The month kicked off with our last match before the Championship warm ups in May and June "The squad's all but decided but we can't say who will be fit and who wont so this is another chance for players to earn themselves a place in the squad"

France 2-3 Germany
Remy
Galim

View attachment 272773

Karim Benzema was ruled out of this tie so this was Remy, Galim and Lacazette's chance to prove themselves and in a thrilling 1st half with 5 goals saw the Germans 3-2 up.We tried to come back but all the subs meant the flow went out of the game and it ended in defeat

April

Man Utd win 5th League title in a row. Dont they Booker
View attachment 272822

- Title Retained right at the start of the month by beating Liverpool
- Beat Wolves 3-0 in the Semi finals and will meet Aston Villa again in the final
- But again fail in the Champions League this time devastatingly to Man City
- Vidic, Evra, Fletcher and Young all leaving in the summer

Fixtures

Man Utd V Liverpool - Premiership
Our 1st shot to win the league presents its self and what a opportunity against our old rivals and former record winners Liverpool

Man Utd 2-0 Liverpool
Hamsik
Welbeck

The ref was very poor. A penalty each for either team neither should have been according to sources. "I don't mind about that though as the result was enough to secure another league title. Although we secured the league today there will be no celebrations as our focus goes immediately to the Man City Quarter Final

Man City V Man Utd - Champions League Quarter Final 2nd Leg
Ok this is it. All or nothing, Everything we've got all or nothing!

Man City 3-1 Man Utd
Thiago

AGG

Man City 4-2 Man Utd

Yaya Toure gave them the lead. And Super Mario made it 2-0 but don't Worry Thiago immediately pulled us back into the fight but Mario quickly scored to put Man City 3-1 up and we had no further response and that was our Champions League dreams over again. "Genuinely gutted again this is as close to tears as I've been in this job"

------Donald declarers major changes------
Following the disastrous defeat to Man City Darran Donald has declared war on his team.

"Vidic, Evra, Fletcher, Van der Wiel and Young's Man Utd Careers are over. Others may follow but following our defeat i felt its time for the older members of the squad to move on and im going to bring through youngsters whole will be in my 1st team squad next year for the rest of the season"
Following our devestating defeat to Man City i field our first team of the "new" Man Utd. Biggest changes Phil Jones for Vidic, Ged McGregor for Evra, Armado Ferreria starts instead of Valencia while Connor Parkin and Dimitri Duren both promoted early

View attachment 272824

West Brom 0-1 Man Utd
Rooney

We started well and Rooney put us ahead. The second half was not comfortable though. Felt like we were just waiting for the equalizer which never came thankfully"

Man Utd V Tottenham - Premiership
The new boys 2nd game. Still plenty for them to prove. Starts today for Giddings and Van Duren

Man Utd 2-0 Tottenham
Giddings 2

Giddings scored goals right at the start of both half's and that's about all we have to report from today match

Wolves V Man Utd - FA Cup Semi Finals
So Man City ruined our hopes and dream of European success so this time Wolves had better not do the same. "This is the new boys first serious test. Pressure is on!

Wolves 0-3 Man Utd
Rooney
Hamsik
Giddings

"Its been a brilliant reaction by the boys to going out of Europe. They have all worked so hard to prove themselves. Congratulation"

Aston Villa Beat Tottenham 4-0 to book a replay of last years final

"Mancini Moments"​
He's been quiet for the past few months as he has been so far off us in the league
"Games with your rivals can be like battles and after we knocked them out of Europe we can expect tonight to be like that"

Man City V Man Utd - Premiership
Brilliant timing. Time to make amends for that awful result earlier in the month but we've got to get revenge!

Man City 1-2 Man Utd
O'G
Neymar

HMPH! Why oh why did this not happen in the Champions League just knew this would happen!

Man Utd V West Ham - Premiership
Well our amazing Premiership season comes to a end at Old Trafford against the Hammers "Gear up the fans and yourself for Wembley next weekend"

Man Utd 1-1 West Ham
Parkin

Far from our best performance even for the reserves but enough to grab a point thanks to a late goal by center back Parkin.

Europe
Absolutely devastated. This would have been by far our best chance to win this but two sub standard performances especially the away leg.

League
Even with a month with a new team we almost won every game. Only slipping up to West Ham

--------------FA Cup Final Up next!!!!!--------------

2016 FA Cup Final

From Wembley

View attachment 272934

Aston Villa V Man Utd
Again!

"Of all the teams to be in the way" I said it last year and im saying it again! Setting up the team will be crucial today with all the players leaving hoping for a final swansong send off can forget it. I Have a trophy to win!

Aston Villa
Villa made massive strides in the league this season finishing 2nd and really worrying me for a while. "This will be harder than last year" No major injury worrys ahead of the Final. Spain requested they rested Jose Angel for the European Championships. Pellegrini ignored these requests

Man Utd
"Following a very disappointing season, Except for the league. I need the FA Cup to save my season" One player misses out. Yohan Cabaye was injured earlier in the season and has long been ruled out of this match to try and get for for the Euros

The Match

1 - Goal - Rooney

HT - Man Utd 1-0 Aston Villa

Thiago and Rooney both have multiple opportunities to add to the lead but some how it stays 1-0 at the break. "Were in total command"

56 - Sub - Villa - On J Hoilett

64 - Sub - Man Utd - on J Evans
64 - Sub - Man Utd - on D Welbeck
Smalling got a knock and Rooney is passing up far to many chances so Welbeck is coming on to try grab a goal and seal the deal

71 - Goal - Welbeck
Took him 7 minutes to surely put the game beyond the brummies

89 - Sub - Man Utd - On C Parkin
Time wasting

FT - Man Utd 2-0 Aston Villa

View attachment 272935

For the first time in 12 years Man Utd finally pick up the FA Cup. Not since 2004 had Man Utd lifted the oldest trophy in football and with that they completed the double. "A perfect building block for next season. I Never noticed how long United went without the cup. Seems amazing with all the league success during that timescale that we never won a FA Cup"

View attachment 272936
Brilliant scenes

Season 2015/16 Review

Premiership - Winners
FA Cup - Winner
League Cup - 4th Round
Champions League - Quarter Finals

Season stats

View attachment 273134

Season two saw big progress on the pitch with only 3 defeats in all competition this season but only 2 trophy's to show for it. Our defeat to Man City made me decided Fletcher, Evra and Vidic had there chance and the time was up so there all on there way out with replacements brought in.

Final team talk

"Well lads we did the bread and butter of retaining the premiership and you'll go down in history as the divisions greatest team with record goals and points. Adding the FA Cup was the cherry on top. Still we have a lot of improvement to make in the Champions League i don't expect failure for a 3rd season in a row"

League

In the second season we dominated the league and got more points and goals than anyone has ever got before. There was a few weeks in the middle that were quite worrying when Villa became unbeatable and Man City also started clawing the points back but we stabilized by the start of February and we never looked back.
Aston Villa and Man City's form in the second half of the season was enough to get to the Champions League along with Tottenham
Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool are left in Europa League with Swansea
Fulham and Huddersfield struggled through most of the season and always looked to be going down. Reading eventually joined them.
Rooney only got 36 goals unaccepted! but got a record 8.00 for average rating
Returning to the Premiership were Championship winners Ipswich, runners up Newcastle and Play off winners Leeds so there will be a "War of the Roses" battle to look forward too
Reserves and U18s waltzed to the title

View attachment 273137 View attachment 273135 View attachment 273136

Europe
Well last season i was totally deflated after loosing to Barcelona i thought when Man City knocked Barca out i thought we had a great shot but to go out in the Quarter Final to a team i beat twice in the Premiership was such a punch in the stomach, To such a extent i turned the game off right after the 2nd leg

View attachment 273139 View attachment 273138

Domestic Cups

FA Cup
We made up for last seasons final disappointment by winning in very comfortable fashion against Aston Villa

After a great run in 2014/15 ending with victory this season was a bumbling mess. Drew both games and loosing the 2nd penalty shootout to Blackburn means I'll have to rethink how i approach this competition next season

View attachment 273144 View attachment 273145

2015/16 Season Awards
For Man Utd

Starts off with a new record average attendance of 88,519

Wayne Rooney retains his English Footballer of the year
View attachment 273148

Neymar Retains Players player of the year
View attachment 273147

Wayne Rooney was again top scorer
View attachment 273149

Armando Ferreria 3rd in young player of the year
View attachment 273160

David De Gea wins golden gloves with 22 clean sheets
View attachment 273146

I retain Manager of the year
View attachment 273150

David De Gea, Thiago, Neymar and Wayne Rooney in team of the year
View attachment 273151

---- Match of the season ----
2nd February 2015 - The Emirates
Arsenal 2-2 Man Utd

View attachment 273161

The away game against Arsenal came just when we were in the middle of a patchy run. We twice fought back from behind to get a hard earned draw from a typical Arsenal - Man Utd game with plenty goals, plenty bookings and plenty action.

---- Signing of the season ----

Armando Ferreira
View attachment 273169

Last summers transfer policy was to buy youth players for the future but one came flying through the ranks and has wrestled a place in the 1st team from Antonio Valencia. Next season we'll see him starting the whole season.

Man Utd Player of the Year 2015/16

3rd - Marek Hamsik
View attachment 273172

3rd place was a toss up between Thiago's assists and Hamsik's goals and i decided that Hamsik deserved it. A goal a game average for in Europe

2nd - Neymar
View attachment 273171

I was quite please with Neymar last season but this time he was amazing adding lots of goals to his game and single handedly dragged us through December and January

1st - Wayne Rooney - 7.88
View attachment 273170

After an amazing 1st season leading out front line he may have not scored as many goals but his performances improved an his Ave rating went through the roof

Euro Finals

Champions League Final
Valencia 0-3 Real Madrid

Europa League finals
Liverpool 5-1 CSKA Moscow

Affiliated clubs

Villareal
6th in Liga BBVA​
Started the season well fighting with Barcelona at the top but ended up well off the pace but still in Europe

Peterborough Utd
17th in Championship

Hartlepool Utd
24th in League 1 - Useless!!
Replaced them with Bury

View attachment 273173

Antwerp
15th - Belgian Pro League - Relegated
Even more useless! Sacked as a feeder team!

France Review
Have not played too many matches this year so far with the European Championships just around the corner but ended 2015 with wins over Spain and England while loosing to Germany early in 2016.

Going into the summer
After dominating the league its might sound daft that I've ripped up the side selling several established players before the season ended and brought in 3 new signings and have pretty much got the team for next season combining new signings, loan returns and youth promotions.

View attachment 273346

Euro 2016

The build up

With the provisional 30 man squad set to be announced France manager Darran Donald showed up for the French line up and shocked even the French FA by showing up with a list with 23 players named. "I've been working with a large amount of French players in the last 2 years and i certainly don't need to waste 7 players time by brining them to training camps and disappointing them by sending them home with summer holidays in taters. I Knew who i was brining to the Championships and they have been picked. Thankful Yohan Cabaye recovered from his thigh injury to return to give me the 23 players I'd like all fit and ready to go"
The biggest surprise in the squad is that there was no place for Martin Marvin "Marvin fell out of my team behind Clement Grenier and failed to regain his place in the squad for the finals"

View attachment 273344
No Room for you!​

I am also offered the chance to take over the U23 team for the Olympics which i gladly accepted! "Marvin will be guaranteed a spot as one of the over 23's"

France

The Squad

View attachment 273343

GK
Hugo Lloris - 74/0

DR B Sagna DC A Rami DC M Sakho DL G Clichy
78/0 42/0 50/2 28/0

DM
Y M'Villa

41/0

MC Yohan Cabaye MC Paul Pogba
50/4 16/2

AMR H Ben Arfa AML E Galim
35/7 18/8

AT K Benzema
82/49

Subs

GK - S Mandanda - 17/0
GK - S Ruffier - 1/0
DR - M Debuchy - 24/0
DL - A Cissokho - 28/0
DC - K Zouma - 11/0
DC - R Varane - 24/1
MC - M Sissoko - 45/11
MC - C Grenier - 6/0
MR - D Payet - 20/0
ML - A Griezmann - 18/2
AT - L Remy - 42/17
AT - A Lacazette - 4/0

Tour De Football

View attachment 273345
"Were going to tour the country in the run up to the finals to show the whole nation that were ready and to say thanks for there support"

Warm up friendlys

France V Poland
Lloris gets 70th cap, Sagna 75th cap

France 1-1 Poland
Benzema

Benzema rescued a draw but this was not good enough!

France V Moldova
The back up players among the 23 got to start today

France 2-0 Moldova
Cabaye
Remy

Cabaye made his return from injury to score one of the goals "Im still not happy with how we've played feels like we've take a step back from our 2015 form"

France V Hungary
First team will play 90 minutes in days fixture injury's aside
Benzema Wins 80th cap, Rami to win 40th cap

France 5-0 Hungary
Benzema 2
Galim
Ben Arfa
Pogba

"That was better" Benzema took a knock but should be back in time for the next match against Greece

France V Greece
Our last serious friendly and last chance to put our plans into action, M'Villa set to win 40th cap

France 1-0 Greece
Remy

Far from convincing but it is what it is and that's how were going to have to roll in the championships after our morale boosting finally

France V San Marino
One last moral boosting match to warm us up for our 1st group game with Montengo. 9 Days to go!
My 300th Game as a Football Manager
50th cap for Cabaye and Sakho

France 5-0 San Marino
Ben Arfa 2
Galim 3

5 goals and non from Benzema.

Well that's it our Tour De Football is over and next up is the

2016 European Championships

Congrats pal just caught up. Ferriera looks sensational, perhaps the new Ronaldo? ;)

Congrats pal just caught up. Ferriera looks sensational, perhaps the new Ronaldo? ;)

I Certainly hope so and think so. Portugul are overflowing with Future Ronaldo's shall post up a feature though the summer

Group E

----- Match 1 -----

France V Montenegro
The Stade Louis is alive to the sound of "Les Bleus" Right up to kick of i was stuck with 1 questions over squad selection. Yohan Cabaye, Paul Pogba or Moussa Sissoko? Only 2 players can go in. Eventually i stick with what i played this season Cabaye and Pogba

Montenegro 0-3 France
Pogba
Ben Arfa
Remy

View attachment 273395

Paul Pogba rewarded his selection by getting our first goal of the championship and the lead come half time, Helped by Sladjan Kojic's red card. Ben Arfa gave us the 2 goal advantage and sub Remy ended the game with the 3rd. A Great start!

Bosnia 1-3 Croatia

View attachment 273394

----- Match 2 -----

France V Bosnia
Round two and were up against Bosnia this time "Again i expect victory again which would secure our place in the knockout phase"
Sagna to win 80th cap

France 4-1 Bosnia
Benzema 2
Galim
Pogba

View attachment 273392

Benzema hit his 50th and 51st French goals to equal Henrys record. But Bosnia hit right back shocking the hosts into life as Galim and Benzema again gave France a 2 goal lead at half time. Sissoko rules out for the rest of the tournament solving my midfield crisis

Croatia 2-0 Montenegro

View attachment 273393

----- Match 3 -----

Croatia V France
So our final group game and the decider. Croatia and France have been a class above there opposition and now they will battle for the top spot.

Croatia 3-1 France
Benzema

View attachment 273388

Karim Benzema Wasted no time in setting a new scoring record for the French national team taken 3 minutes to give us the lead. A deserved Equalizer for Croatia right on half time brought it level but they didn't quite deserve to go either 2-1 or 3-1 up both from Niko Kranjcar to worry the **** out of us as we finish our group in horrific fashion

Well we've qualified but it wasn't as tidy as I'd have expected. We looked very good with our first two wins but with our defeat in our only challenging game to Croatia is a worry for any future progress.

The Last 16

Would be a much better draw if only the top 2 teams went through like the 2012 system. "This is a very messy set up were going to get from 2016 onwards"

2nd round draw

View attachment 273417
Only 1 major clash of the titans and of course it would have to involve us! The Germans await

Germany
V France
View attachment 273415 View attachment 273414

Germany V France
Germany manager Joachim Low goes into the tie as narrow favorites but as well as home advantage we have premiership ref Mark Clattenburg
I was upset with loosing Sissoko Germany have much worse problems. Gotze and Hummels injured while Schweinsteiger is suspended

Germany 0-2 France
Pogba
Galim

I made some small changes to have a more attacking outlook and it helped us get into a 2-0 half time lead. The second half started off the same with France dominating but as it went on Germany came more and more into it but thankfully we held on to record a famous win

With the exception of France beating Germany the only other shock from the last 16 was Spain being beat 2-0 by Republic of Ireland

Pogba is looking good this tournament for you!!

Pogba is looking good this tournament for you!!

Yeah he's just done a job in the quarter final too! Hope he doesnt turn out this good in real life since he's just left United in the summer. Like i said it was totally up in the air Who was going to be in the midfield but im glad i went for Pogba.

Yeah he's just done a job in the quarter final too! Hope he doesnt turn out this good in real life since he's just left United in the summer. Like i said it was totally up in the air Who was going to be in the midfield but im glad i went for Pogba.
Sissoko has turned immense on my save, plays for Madrid

Quarter finals

"I think most people expected us to be out by now so having overcome Germany should give us the confidence to overcome the Italians too"

Quarter Final draw

View attachment 273440

The line up just looks wrong without Germany but i can live with that. The two weakest teams were put together while the rest are left to fight it out for a Semi Final spot

Finally were getting a game at the Stade de France. The Azzuri went out of the World Cup at the quarter final and France will be hoping to repeat that tonight While Cesare Prandelli says nothing but lifting the trophy will do for him. Italy go into the match with a fully fit and available line up while France are only missing Moussa Sissoko who's tournament ended in match two.

Italy 1-2 France
Pogba
Benzema

The first half hour was a very tense affair with both sides getting few chances but only one took it. France! And Paul Pogba who made the difference in the 1st half. THe 2nd half had a disastrous start as Italy won a penalty right from kick off however Lloris save the penalty and rebound to keep us ahead. This could be our night!. Well for a few minutes as Antonio Bertolucci equalizes. THe game mellows out then till the 90th minute when it all kicks off. Last man Benzema is tripped by Ranocchia and is sent off. Flash forward to the 3rd minute of added on time when Benzema appears in the box to score a dramatic last gasp winner to put us in the Semi Finals

View attachment 273439

Holland were unlucky to go out to England, Italy were impressive but again unlucky to loose to France

Last edited:
Sissoko has turned immense on my save, plays for Madrid

I remember in FM2011 he was either a huge hit star of the midfield or would be like he is here middle of the road good but not great player.

Semi Finals

Semi Final draw

"No easy games at this point in the tournament" We'd face either the favorites, The champions or the team which beat us 3-1 in he groups

View attachment 273448

Portugal
V France

View attachment 273449 View attachment 273445
Oh my Friends are back too!

The biggest match of the tournament so far. The defending Champions against the Hosts. These teams have very recent history. In the 2012 European Championships Portugal beat France 3-1 at the quarter finals on the way to winning the trophy.​

France
- Adding to Sissoko's injury Sagna is serving a 1 match ban. If we don't make the final then he's played his last French game. Clichy is our only player 1 booking away from missing the final
Portugal - The champions are without Andre Santos and Jose Bosingwa through injury

Portugal 0-1 France
Benzema

View attachment 273447

WE DID IT!!! 1st Half was very even but we were slowly starting to get control of the game as the first half ended goalless. Second half started with a bang 53 minutes in and Karim Benzema gave us the lead. Two chances for Portugal was enough to scare me into defensive move after defensive move and by then end we were more defensive than any Greek team you've ever seen to make sure we made it to the final.

Other Semi Final
Croatia 3-1 England

View attachment 273446

Somewhat surprising Croatia destroyed England who's cause wasn't helped by Rooney being sent off​

If you dont beat Croatia then....... er........... you will lose? lol