Evolution of the football manager

March

- Massive save as we get late equalizer at home to Leicester
- Beat Man City in our title battle
- Have to come from behind to beat Chelsea in FA Cup Quarter finals
- Back up players finish off Milan Job and are punished with a quarter final tie against the favourites Barcelona who are looking to make it 4 Champions League wins in a row
- Youth Intake. Sign up 3 youngster including best of his generation Sean Gutkowski. Doesn't look great but will be at worst back up

Thought it had been a while since my great rival had been speaking and i don't think I've herd this too often "Man Utd are a good tea and I'd expect them to do well against Leicester today"

Man Utd V Leicester - Premiership
Two sides at opposite ends of the premiership spectrum Both need the 3 points but only 1 will be expecting them

Man Utd 1-1 Leicester
McGregor​

A very poor goalless first half left me ringing the riot act at half time which had no use as unbelievably in the 64th minute Leicester went ahead and were looking very good for there 3 points until our back up 16 year old Left Back Ged McGregor popped up with his first Man Utd goal
The results leave City back on top of the table

West Brom V Man Utd - Premiership
We've lost the lead again after a terrible performance "Today you pay back all the fans we let down last week"

West Brom 1-5 Man Utd
Rooney 4
Hamsik​

We were well in control at 2-0 till West Brom pulled it back just after half time and West Brom were starting to look dangerous. But with hindsight it was never in doubt!

Man Utd V AC Milan - Champions League last 16 2nd leg
With 4 away goals and a 3 goal cushion im taking a massive risk and playing 9 back up players. Only survivors were Rooney and De Gea

View attachment 269373

Man Utd 1-0 AC Milan
Young​

A very good result by our what was very much our second string team "As always these boys can be called up and can perform against anyone"

Man Utd V Chelsea - FA Cup 6th Round
So were at the latest stage of our impossibly difficult cup run luckily were at home which is a real help. "The team is at full strength and well relaxed after mostly sitting out the Milan game on Wednesday"

Man Utd 4-1 Chelsea
Rooney 3
Neymar​

A early wake up call from Chelsea as Lukaku put them ahead at my usual scoring point of 20 minute. Never fear though on the half hour Rooney decided to start playing and by half time he had a hatrick. Neymar finished off the show as we reach the Semi Finals!

"Jose Watch"​
Well with the Manchester derby and a potential title decider up next we have to hear from the man himself
"The looser of our match is certainly out of the title race"
"Jose doesn't seem like the right man for the job and City don't really look strong enough to challenge us all the way this season"

Man Utd V Man City - Premiership
So this is it the mind games are done the teams have been picked both sides have to win, more so United who are a point behind and are the home team looking for revenge for the defeat we suffered earlier on this season at the Etihad

Man Utd 2-0 Man City
Valencia
O'G​

9 minutes of pressure and we get the opener from Valencia. City turned to dirty tactics with Van Der Wiel, Cabaye and Hamsik all picking up knocks before half time. Balotletti thinks he'***** the equalizer but its ruled out for offside. With 12 minutes to go Vincent Kompany scores a own goal to end Citys chances of a victory today.

Europe
Italian Job complete

View attachment 269377

Through against Milan. Quarter final draw blows! We get Barca!

League
City slip up in title decider
View attachment 269378
Despite beating Man City there's little or no change except from Arsenal seem to be sneaking up on both of us. Bottom 3 got cast adrift slightly in March Wigan and Leicester look in particular trouble

Player of the Month
Patric Evra and Ged McGregor

View attachment 269375View attachment 269376

One is 33 and under pressure from the other who is 16. Both had man of the match performances during March question is which one will be 1st choice next season?

France

France V Spain - International friendly
Spain looked set to dominate the world of football for year but have fallen short internationally in recent times. France on the other had looked to be falling further and further down the well of failure under Donald but he's turned there form around winning there last 3 friendlys including against the Dutch last time out

France 0-0 Spain​

Can't complain too much. Still not enough goals but to get a result against Spain is pleasing enough for me. Icing on the cake would be someone other than Benzema scoring

Last edited:

April

- Barcelona just get the better of Man Utd to go through in the Champions League
- Only 3 days later we come back in a touch battle against Blackburn to book our spot in the FA Cup final against my former team Aston Villa
- Lucky run of late goals in the league including a Steven Taylor o'g in the 89th minute against Newcastle
- Evans out till next season with torn calf muscle

Fixtures

Man Utd V Everton - Premiership
First game of the month is at home to Mario Bielsa's Everton Two attacking teams should make for a great game.

Man Utd 3-0 Everton
Rooney
Neymar
Valencia​

The 3 forwards who scored did well but everyone after the match was raving about Thiago who ran the show today making 2 of the goals

"Jose Watch"
"Against Fulham! I don't see Man Utd winning that game, We'll be top of the league by 5pm tonight"

Fulham V Man Utd - Premiership
With our mega match with Barcelona just 3 day around the corner its another match for the back up players. Only De Gea, Vidic and Cabaye start "The Barcelona match is the be all and end all of our season so im resting the squad as much as possible for that match"

Fulham 1-2 Man Utd
Giddings
Welbeck​

3 first half goals disallowed. Seriously what have i done! Vidic Sent off right at the start of the second half. Then we started to get some luck. Giddings pulled us level right after Vidic went off and Dann Welbeck completed the great save in the last 10 minutes. Great result in the end! "Today's game had that championship spirit and feeling too it! You can feel it through the crowd and players. What a Day!"
And to top it of Jose's Man City drew 1-1 at home to Chelsea so with 5 games left were 6 points ahead and have a much better goal difference.

Man Utd V Barcelona - Champions League Quarter Final
"This is why im here! This is the chance i craved to take on Barcelona 1 on 1 in the Champions League. Having won the last 3 Champions League title im utterly driven to knock them out and win it for myself"

Man Utd 2-2 Barcelona
Rooney 2​

A very tense opening at Old trafford was shattered by Wayne Rooney 17 mins. It took Barca no tim at all to score but it was disallowed for offside but Barca weren't to be denied and were level right on half time through big money buy Clement Grenier. So its half time the boys are gutted especially Dede who's mistake gave Barca the goal. "Come on boys your doing good but I've seen you do better now lets get back out there and play like we know we can" Rooney took it right to heart and 1 minute into the second half we were 2-1 up! But credit where credits due Barcelona aren't unbeaten in Europe for 4 years by accident and Messi carved another chance for Grenier who made it 2-2 after 52 minutes and through the rest of the game neither side took there chances to win it so it goes over to the Nou Camp next Wednesday all level. Van Der Wiel and Thiago rules out for 3-4 weeks after getting injured by Barcelona

Tottenham V Man Utd - Premiership
Again a much weakened Man Utd team will be put out tonight as my obsession with beating Barcelona goes to a whole new level

Tottenham 0-1 Man Utd
Welbeck​

Back and forth 1st half and as the match wore on the more experience Spurs side took command and had a few chances to have won the game but with 4 minutes to go we launched a counter attack and Danny Welbeck was there to finish the move off and give me a massive 3 points towards the title challenge.
Man City 3-1 Arsenal - the battle for second swung Man Citys way thanks to a Dzeko double

Barcelona V Man Utd - Champions League Quarter Final 2nd leg
Well here we go again! Do or die time. Win or bust is the game tonight my friends "Wish me luck"

Barcelona 2-1 Man Utd
Valencia

AGG Barcelona 4-3 Man Utd

Unbelievably we had 5 chances before Barca had 1 and guess who scored 1st! Sums up the 1st half! a 2nd goal for Messi and Barca on the 50th minute left me having to go all out and that immediately saw a result with Valencia pulling one back but that was all we pulled back. If only we'd done something more with or 4 or 5 chances in the first half hour. "Very Very disappointed i must say!"

Man Utd V Blackburn - FA Cup Semi Final
So back to football after a few days sulking over the Barca result were back on the hunt for the domestic treble with Blackburn in the FA Cup awaiting the winner is the Final

Man Utd 4-2 Blackburn
Rooney 2
Valencia
O'G​

We seemed to carry the bad vibes of Catalonia into the Blackburn game as we fall behind in the first 5 minutes. Rooney and Valencia Would help to rectify this to have us well in control going into half time. Then a Rooney second and a own goal confirmed our second trip to Wembley of the season

Man Utd V Newcastle - Premiership
"I would love it if we could send Newcastle down tonight LOVE IT" Newcastle can't be relegated today and really still have a decent chance of surviving but I'd be most delighted if we were to help there demise

Man Utd 3-2 Newcastle
Neymar
Hamsik
O'G​

There really wasn't much more we could have done to try throw away the win tonight. Rested 3 players and well we looked awful eventually falling behind equalizing thankfully before half time. We went 2-1 up and i breathed a sigh of relief when Newcastle sub Michael Bradley got sent off. But No Papiss Cisse got his second and almost got Newcastle a massive point but right at the death Steven Taylor Newcastle through and through scores the own goal that gifted wrapped us 3 points

Swansea V Man Utd - Premiership
We require 4 points from our last 3 games to win the league and there wont be many tougher than this one. Swansea are in 5th 1 point outside the Champions league spots following a great season

Swansea 1-1 Man Utd
Young​

This match really came to life after 78 minutes when all the subs were made. Ashley Young looked to have totally changed the game for us and grab us another 3 points but Swansea aren't flirting with the Champions League by accident and they fought back to get a stoppage time equalizer

Europe
Barca too good

View attachment 269520

Well this dream is over for another year. Barca are still to good for us. Over the game they were more clinical and that what's cost us on occasions this season but never more than against Barcelona in the Nou Camp

League
One hand on the title
View attachment 269521

Better News here 2 games to go 4 points clear a win against QPR at Old Trafford and we'll have done it!Failing that Norwich away!. Elsewhere Chelsea Arsenal and Swansea will battle for the final two Champions League spots. Leicester are down, Newcastle and Wigan MUST win there last 2 games to avoid the same fate

Player of the Month
Danny Welbeck
View attachment 269522

Danny had his busiest month of the season so far thanks mainly to the Barcelona matches and cameo sub appearances.

Last edited:

2nd Of May

Manchester Day Of Destiny

View attachment 269583 View attachment 269579

"Jose Watch"​
Man City Manager Jose Mourinho has reached his hour of desperation "I hope QPR can do something but u would expect Man Utd to have too much for them"

Man Utd V QPR - Premiership
Man Utd's form has dipped in the last month but "I expect one last push" to get us over the line and win the title in front of our beloved Old Trafford crowd. QPR are sitting down in 14th position with nothing to play for

Man Utd 1-0 QPR
Rooney

View attachment 269582

Frightening start to the game and we weren't making chances as it got to half time at 0-0. Eek Never fear Wayne Rooney makes it 1-0 right after half time. If the run up to the goal was bad then the next 40 minutes were ****. QPR had there chances but thankfully didn't take them so we'll take the Premiership crown

Man Utd 2014/15 Premiership Champions
View attachment 269580

"This day has been beyond a dream! First winning the Carling Cup which was a unforgettable achievement to win my first trophy as Man Utd Manager but this first League title especially out lasting Man City in the race for the title"

Other notes to take from match 37 is the great news that Newcastle have been relegated along with Wigan while Chelsea and Arsenal secured the Champions League spots.

View attachment 269581

One final match which doesnt really matter

Norwich V Man Utd

Norwich 1-1 Man Utd
Rooney​

Rooney was the only starting player that played. 5 u18's started amoungst that so rest of the back up players

2015 FA Cup Final
View attachment 269630
From Wembley
View attachment 269633

Aston Villa V Man Utd

Of all the teams to be in the way of our treble it would have to be my former team natuarally featuring alot of they boys i brought in

Aston Villa
My former team is looking quite good. 8th in the table, Youngsters Fricker and Mas coming through nicley. Coutinho is there only injury issue

Man Utd
Johnny Evans is the only player missing for our squad. "Hopfully the break the boys have had since winning the leauge will help them compleate the treble"

The Match

11 - Goal - Turrini
23 - Goal - Rodriuez

HT Aston Villa 2-0 Man Utd​

Villa made the best of there chances and having dominated possesion and chances they've put us in a very difficult position

69 - Sub - Giddings, Time to go all out attack
86 - Goal - Hamsik

FT
Aston Villa 2-1 Man Utd
Hamsik

View attachment 269631

"Ahhhh to come so close and after beating Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool to get here our terrible end of season form has cost us a historic treble"

Season 2014/15 Review

View attachment 269781

Premiership - Winners
FA Cup - Finalists
League Cup - Winners
Champions League - Quarter Finals

Season stats
View attachment 269782

Well that's my 1st season at Man Utd done and we did just about the minimum acceptable by picking up the league title and the carling cup. Our form towards the end of the season was disappointing especially loosing the FA Cup final. The players reacted exactly as i did. Once the Barcelona game was done i was pretty gutted and interest in the season kind of dwindled knowing the quadruple was off.

Final team talk
"This was our first season together and i very pleased with how we came together through the season. Almost all of you will be back next season as i don't have major changes planed because you all showed the potential to do great things. Next season we'll be a season stronger and smarter and we'll win that Champions League Im sure of it"

League
After Man Utd dominated the league in Sir Alex Ferguson last season this time around a slow first 3 months meant we were in a battle with Man City from Christmas till the end of April winning the league in the 2nd last game. Chelsea and Arsenal closed up with us towards the end of the season as they sealed there spots in the Champions League.
Swansea, Liverpool and Aston Villa take Europa League spots
Going down were Leicester, Wigan and most surprising Newcastle.
Rooney Ran away with all goal scoring records by hitting 40 in the league
Reading and Huddersfield return to the premiership with West ham
As normal the Reserve and U18's title's were also won comfortably.

The main thing for me incase you had noticed was to beat Barcelona in the Champions League and to go out to them in the quarter final was very disappointing. Do we spend big again or give these boys another shot at them? Haven't got long to decide. At least we won something in this competition. Rooney was top scorer

Someone up there in the FA really really didn't want us to win the cup! Drawn against Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea in consecutive games. Then after overcoming that we come against a very good Aston Villa team in the final and it seemed we were out of gas because Villa beat us very comfortably. Rooney top scorer here too
This went perfectly. We got the right teams a the right time to give you youths and back up players there shot and we ended up winning the cup pretty easily in the end . Rooney top scorer again!

View attachment 269790View attachment 269791

2014/15 Season Awards
For Man Utd

Englands player of the year won by Rooney
View attachment 269792

Players player of the year award 1st Neymar, 2nd Valencia
View attachment 269793

Rooney is the premierships Top scorer in a single season ever!
View attachment 269794

I Win manager of the year. 8th time in 9 years a Scot has won it

Only 3 players in team of the year
View attachment 269795

Match of the season
8th April 2015 - Old Trafford
Man Utd 2-2 Barcelona
View attachment 269797

The 4-3 win away to reading was probably the best match of the season but all the build up of the season was to this night and there was such a feeling of the big European night

Signing of the season
Andrew Giddings
View attachment 269798

With Thiago and Neymar already getting a mention im going to give the signing of the season to my young superstar Andrew Giddings. We'll see in 10 years how much of a bargain £17.5m was for him

Euro Finals

Champions League Final
Lyon 2-1 Barcelona
View attachment 269802

Ahh devistated that we couldnt be the team to end Barca's run

Europa League finals
Athletico Madrid 3-0 Stuttgart
View attachment 269803

Affiliated clubs

FC Twente
Won the Dutch Cup to qualify for the Europa League sacked Steve McLaren in October after a awful start and new boss Fred Rutten got them back to a disappointing 8th

Peterborough Utd
19th in Championship

Hartlepool Utd
16th in League 1

France Review
This got off to a ****** awful start by loosing to Wales, Argentina and Uruguay. But after that awfu start we went on a 3 match winning run beating Cameroon, Greece and Holland then earning a draw with Spain. By far my biggest worry going forward is all our goals have come from Karim Benzema

View attachment 269804

Going into the summer
Some decisions on the squad to make for next season and i wont be spending long doing so. Have 2 major signings in mind to fill the two weakest gaps in my squad, Failing that I've over a doze players coming back from loan to evaluate will any of them be ready to step up to the 1st team? a few youth players destined for the 1st team. Like i said there wont be massive changes because were very close to Barcelona hopefully i can make changes that will see us become European Champions!

******** Man Utd Player of the Year 2014/15 ********
Poll

Over to you guys here as i try something different and if its popular enough then i'll use it more frequently in my storys potentially for signings or other "Fan interaction options"

Head over to my FM twitter page and YOU can vote for which of these shortlisted players you think deserve to win Man Utd Player of the year.

Head over too
https://twitter.com/stonecoldfmbase

Pick from these 3 players

Option 1 - #Thiago
Arriving from Barcelona for £25m he was brought in to form the final part of my formidable midfield with Cabaye and Hamsik. Out of the 3 Thiago was the best for me. Passing% was through the roof nearly an assist every 2nd game a very pleasing start.
View attachment 269799

Option 2 - #Neymar
Another new arrival in the summer the Brazilian made a very acceptable first season 13 goals and 17 assists isn't bad for playing off Rooney

View attachment 269800

Option 3 - #Wayne Rooney
Rooney's scoring record is amazing and sadly fell just short of Messi's all time record by 6 goals. Had he kept up his scoring run at the end of the season he may very well have broke that record but i can't really complain about 69 goals in a season can i! Especially when he was top scorer in the Premiership, Leauge Cup, FA Cup and Equal top scorer in the Champions League

View attachment 269801

Hope you all like this idea and i'd love to make it part of my story going forward​

1. Newcastle relegated? Booooooooo - I was not informed
2. U on twitter? I was not informed
3. Gutkowski will be immense - play him
4. Newcastle are above Man Utd in real life - hee hee - (making the most of it while it lasts)

1. Newcastle relegated? Booooooooo - I was not informed
2. U on twitter? I was not informed
3. Gutkowski will be immense - play him
4. Newcastle are above Man Utd in real life - hee hee - (making the most of it while it lasts)

Gutkowski will get as much a chance as the rest of the youth stars. Have almost a X1 of stars working to process
Newcastle going down is great! Exactly what happens when they sell there stars in real life

twitter idea hasnt really kicked off but never mind was worth a try. Will be tomorrow night at best by the time i've done pre season so vote a name and reason if you desire in here and if we have a winner i'll post a article about it before the new season kicks off.

2015/16 Season Preview

English Champions to European Champions?
Eve of Community Shield

Targets
Season 1 ended with my claim of evolution rather than Revolution and so it went on the face of it. Only £5m spent and 3 Players sold. Again we have to target winning every competition. 2nd go at Europe MUST bring success for my own ego. More youngsters leaving plenty of competition coming through especially for the aging Vidic and Evra

Premiership - Winner
FA Cup - Winner
League Cup - Winner
Champions League - Winner
Media prediction is only 2nd again! Why do they keep picking City!

Transfers

View attachment 269903

In
Two great youngster who go right to the first team! 4 Youth players, 4 freebies out on loan to prove themselves worth!

Armando Ferreira - This Porto youngster looked like a gem. WOuld have gone to £10m and probably beyond for him but when Porto say "Give us £2.5m and a future profit% im laughing. Even more confident in Armando Ferreira becoming the next Ronaldo rather than my Villa Ronaldo Oliveria

Marc-Andre Ter Stegen - "Im glad he wont be scoring goals because i don't want to have to write that name too much" Marc was unbelievably on a free. Gets a huge wage hike after 20 games but i hope to sell him at the end of the season maybe after 10 games. Will certainly let him go once he's played 15 unless he's happy to stay with a renegotiated contract
View attachment 269902

Youth players

View attachment 269905 View attachment 269906 View attachment 269907 View attachment 269908

Loaned out newbie's

View attachment 269909 View attachment 269910 View attachment 269911

Out

Brilliant fee's for unwanted 3rd choice Lindegarrd and unwanted Brazilian centerback​

Dede - let me down a few times and i just wasn't happy with him and as the season went on Jones played more games and got closer to getting the place in the team which in the end went to De Vrij. Well down the pecking order i went ambitious and went for £30m and got 3 offers over £20m which were all accepted

Andreas Lindegaard - Wanted a transfer all the way through last season especially at the end "Transfer requests were coming in by the minute" so with Ter Stegen arriving there was no room for Lindegaard and again i went ambitious looking for £10m but was delighted with the 1 bid of £8.5m from Stoke

Michael Carrick was past it so £1.5m from Blackburn thank you! Finally the unwanted youngsterwere released

Loan watch
Less players to loan from the youth system this time which is fine after we lost a few feeder teams. Antwerp get 1, Hartlepool have 4, Peterborugh have 3, Villareal get the best 5 hopefully they will all get plenty action! And Sheffield Wednesday aren't a feeder team but took the last 2 players

Other summer news

Seating expansion announced. Set to be around 88,000 seats

FC Twenete and Molde leave as affiliated teams and Villareal become one

Managers
Wigan - Anthony Reveillere
Everton - Chris Hughton after Bielsa walked out
QPR - Steve McLaren
Sevilla - Marcelo Bielsa
FC Twente - Claudio Ranieri

Top 10 Transfer
Not including Man Utd Deals
A very quiet summer

Zakaria Labyad - Valencia - £18.25m
James Milner - Arsenal £14.75m
Coutinho - Arsenal £14m
Mar Muniesa - Betis £13.25m
Antonie Griezmann - Bilbaou £12.25m
Theo Walcott - Tottenham £12.25m
Mauro Formica - Tottenham £12m
Younes Belhanda - Aston Villa £12m
Matija Nastic - Dortmund £11.75m
Adam Lallana - Fulham £10m

Man Utd First team 2015
View attachment 269912

Looks very familiar huh! This will probably be the last hurrah for the defenders Vidic and Evra after 10 years at the club

France

Summer internationals

France 2-0 Uruguay
Galim
Sissoko

Total flip from last autumn when the south Americans thumped us

France 1-0 Ghana
Remy

Weren't great but wasn't actually paying much attention to be honest

World Cup European Qualifying section
Group 2
View attachment 269913

Will be a tough task to win the group with Germany the top seeds but apart from them all we've got to worry about is Gareth Bale.

**** Pre Season press conference ****

View attachment 269915

The pre season press conference will take place tomorrow night, probably around 10pm when my Girlfriend releases me back to the wild of FM. Any and all questions are welcome about the game so far, my players, my transfer, my future in the league oh well anything really and especially next season!

All questions either in this thread, PM me or on twatter @stonecoldfmbase or however else you like!

Pre Season Press Conference

The League winning manager Darran Donald adresses the masses on the eve of the sesaon kick off against Aston Villa in the charity shield

Press - Last season you also claimed you could win everything and fell well short. Why do this again? "I say it because i believe it! We have the best team in England and with a bit more confidence and corage we can be the best in Europe too!"

Press - Three of your biggest signings "Gourcuff, Carnasciali and Torres all joined and went right on loan to Villareal whats your thinking here? "These 3 players were all left on the football scrapheap and i've picked them up and they have till December to prove themselfs good enough to fight for a place in the Man Utd squad if not they will be sold off in January. Good buisness for the clubs and the players"

Press - Dede leaving for rivals spurs. Strage choice to let your main defender leave to rivals? "Dede was picked ahead of Phil Jones last season and was told he wouldnt be this time and upon hearing his starting place wasnt guarrenteed he demanded to move, which i was happy to let happen"

Press - You exclusivly signed youngsters tell me which ones the best "I dont like to do this but i think we've all seen Armando Ferreira is something special. Valencia will have a tough job keeping him out of the starting line up"

Community Shield 2016

Villa Again!
View attachment 270548

This guys a site im beginning to get fed up of!
View attachment 270551

Manuel Pellegrini's cup win has made him rather cocky!
"He's dreaming if he thinks Man Utd can win this game"​

"I really hope we can get our season of to a great start and retain the community shield would be a grand way of doing that"

Man Utd V Aston Villa
View attachment 270550

Man Utd
Darran Donalds 2nd attempt at wining every trophy possible again kicks off with a community shield match "We attacked our pre season friendlys differently this time around. We played a lot more away games so hopefully we should be well set up to play away from home as well as at home as last season when we left old trafford we struggled for the first few months" Also for the first time in living history we have a fully fit 1st team

Aston Villa
Once a friends but quickly becoming a foe. Villa too have a fully fit squad which startles me but its always nice to go up against "my old friends Mas, Rodwell and Turrini"

The Match

Aston Villa 1-0 Man Utd
62 - Goal - Tevez

Aston Villa 1-1 Man Utd
92 - Goal - Rooney

FT - Aston Villa 1-1 Man Utd

Pens
Aston Villa 4-3 Man Utd

View attachment 270549

Man Utd loose on penaltys

"Its hard to take any positives at all from that game. We lost the shield, we've failed to beat Villa in 3 succesive attempts and we didnt play well enought to earn the win today. Even more worrying Villa is our 1st game of the season"

August

- Barcelona make a sign of there intent to take back the champions league by signing Lucas Moura for £33.5m
- Wayne Rooney has the best performance ever as we win 8-0 away from home
- League Cup 3rd round draws us with QPR

Fixtures

Pre season thoughts from Pellegrini and Jose​

"I think Man Utd have a shot at winning the league but i also think we'll beat them this season we've come on from last year and are ready to step up"

"Man Utd look good enough to win today but over the season we will beat them"

Man Utd V Aston Villa - Premiership
One week after failing to retain the community shield against the same Villa team as we do today. Think some changes may be required

Man Utd 3-0 Aston Villa
Rooney 2
Thiago​

Our rightful passage to victory was helped when right after Rooney opening the scoring Villa went down to 10 men and this early in the season our better conditioning made the difference

Norwich V Man Utd - Premiership
Our annual trip to the land of the Sutton family and Delia Smith. Such is my knowledge of Norwich. Sorry!

Norwich 0-8 Man Utd
Rooney 5
Hamsik
Neymar
Giddings​

Such was our drive we went into half time 5-0 ahead and they left me wondering how many would it be in the end? "Rooney was the icing on the cake with an incredible 5 goals and making two. Has anyone ever been involved in 7 goals in 1 game like this ever?"

What a insane day! Look at Lewandowski and compare to Rooney. Both score 5 and make 2 of there teams 8 goals!

View attachment 270878View attachment 270880

Man Utd V Swansea - Premiership
Last season Swansea were in the fight for a champions league spot right up till the 37th game and put up some stern test for United "Our results so far speak volumes for how motivated the team are to ultimate glory" Side note this is Armando Ferreira's 1st start of many

Man Utd 3-0 Swansea
Neymar
Rooney 2​

Total and utter domination. Very early days here but it feels like were a totally different force this time around

Europe
Champions League Draw
Group of death awaits
View attachment 270876

Couldn't have got much worse a group than Dortmund, Juventus and Besiktas. Still expecting to qualify top!

League
Champions start at the top
View attachment 270881

Couldn't be to much happier with the start we made. Beat our bogie team Aston villa. Scored 14 goals won 3 games and kept 3 clean sheets. Don't know what Tottenham have been feeding there strikers!

Player of the Month
Thiago
View attachment 270879

Keeping up the "No Rooney" policy since he would win it every time otherwise. Thiago symbolizes our start to the season by offering a huge step forwards from last seasons performances, Early on as it is!

They come in as i adjust the players individual instructions. Wingers going forward for example have most of there settings put right up to attack which change. Also if there in midfield and are set to attacking midfield then it also changes!

September

- Rooney Injured playing for England, out for the month
- Penalty's required in League Cup 3rd round
- Stadium extended to 91797 seats. LOADSA MONEY!

Fixtures

Chelsea V Man Utd - Premiership​
Following the international break our star player Wayne Rooney is out injured for the rest of September, furthering my dislike for the England nation team who robbed me of Phil Jones for about 4 months last year

Chelsea 1-2 Man Utd
Welbeck 2​

We SO lucky to escape from Stamford Bridge with 3 points. Torres thought he'd struck a deserved 87th minute equalizer which was disallowed

Juventus V Man Utd - Champions League match 1
A revival of a champions league classic tie. Will this be a return to those glory days for either of the teams "Marc Stegene will get his debut tonight as he's due a chance" A former Villan at Utd Javi Hernandez plays against Andrew Giddings

Juventus 2-5 Man Utd
Hamsik 3
Giddings 2​

Don't know what happened to Marek Hamsik today but he was a an on a mission in a game where Midfielders made the difference with Giddings two late strikes being the cherry on top of a great away day for Utd

View attachment 271368

"Jose Watch"
Man City boss admits that Man Utd may be title favorites
"There a quality team with all the credentials to be among contenders"

Man Utd V Everton - Premiership
"Today will be a massive day for Parkin, McGregor and Van Duren who all get a very rare chance to prove there worth from the kick off"

Man Utd 4-0 Everton
Giddings 3
Thiago​

"So the kids are alright" 3 youth players played most of the game and we kept another clean sheet while another teenager hit a hatrick. "We had better carry this form into the QPR cup game where youth will be prominent again!"

QPR V Man Utd - League Cup 3rd round
"This is by far the most inexperienced Man Utd tea I've ever fielded" Taking a massive risk by playing the entire youth defense and goalkeeper from the start. We'll need to get goals today that's for sure

QPR 1-1 Man Utd
Welbeck

Pens
Man Utd 5-4 QPR​

QPR imploded on the half time whistle as youngster Fraser Kerr got sent off and then Welbeck scored the opening goal. We came so close to holding on but Aron Gunnarsson equalized with minutes to go and penalty's were what this game was destined to go and with the 9 penalty's scored in a row Lee Wallace's penalty was saved by Lars Antonsen which put us through!

"Jose Watch"
What a difference a week makes
"I just can't see them winning the match. Wolves and Sow will be too much for them"

Wolves V Man Utd - Premiership​
Were back to normal and our 1st team is back to full strength minus Rooney to try and keep our perfect league run going

Wolves 1-2 Man Utd
Valencia
Giddings​

Wolves put up much more of a fight than there mid table position would let on, Helped Michael Laudrup taking over and improving the team

Man Utd V Dortmund - Champions League match 2
After a slightly worrying match with spurs were back to the sanctuary of Old Trafford where usually things go very well for us "Dortmund have added Dembele, Tim Krul and Luuk De Jong to there team so this will be no walkover"

Man Utd 3-1 Dortmund
Giddings
Thaigo
Valencia​

Surprisingly we waltzed into a 3-0 lead which surprised me as i rate the Dortmund team very highly

Good result for Besiktas to may help us get through the group quicker

View attachment 271369

Europe

We made a perfect start to our Champions League campaign with a thumping win over Juventus and then beating Dortmund in match 2 putting us in the best possible position going into the Besiktas double header

We got through September with our perfect record still in tact. Two goals concede is the only black dot against our name!

Player of the Month
Andrew Giddings
View attachment 271372

With Rooney missing the whole month we needed someone to step into his massive boots and while Welbeck made his claim it was Giddings who came through by the end of the month as our certified number 2 striker

France

Started out with a great result against Argentina then a stinker against Italy

France V Argentina - Friendly
The squad has not changed much from last season. Giving Paul Pogba a chance ahead of Sissoko in the midfield

France 2-0 Argentina
Benzema
Galim​

Karim Benzema gave us the lead in the first half despite Messi's best efforts Galim made it 2-0 and that's how it finished. Very happy with that!

France V Italy - Friendly
Same idea again. "Lets keep our excellent run going and show our fans were good enough to lift the Euros here next summer"

France 1-2 Italy
Galim​

Well all was going to plan as we approached half time. Galim had put us in front only for the Azzuri to equalize on halftime then to add injury to insult the took the lead a lead they weren't going to lose!

Stand out player
Enrique Galim
View attachment 271370

Last edited:

October

- After beating QPR on penalty's we loose to Blackburn on penalty's to go out of the league cup
- 100% Premiership and Champions League run still on though
- Fulham Sack Paul Lambert and hire a surprising replacement
View attachment 271678

Fixtures

Man Utd V Arsenal - Premiership
"Carlo may believe he has a chance to get something tonight but i can confirm that after two big wins in succession against the Gunners we have the same planned for them again"

Man Utd 4-0 Arsenal
Giddings
Vidic
Ferreira​

Having raced to a 3-0 lead before half a hour was played it was looking ominous for Arsenal but we had a very poor second half only adding a late 4th through a penalty

Man Utd V Reading - Premiership
Back to the premiership! Reading are in the bottom 3 and have yet to get a win. Anything but a comfortable win will be unacceptable today

Man Utd 1-0 Reading
Rooney​

Just as it looked like reading would hold out till half time Rooney scored on his comeback to put us in front. After that the match ran out with neither team looking like they were going to score again. Very poor!

Man Utd V Besiktas - Champions League match 3
For what should be our easiest champions league match im going to drop some of our best players, Not Vidic however who got injured against Reading and is out for a month

Man Utd 1-0 Besiktas
Hamsik​

Second match in a row where we never looked like we were going to steamroller Besiktas but the win was all we wanted

"Jose Watch"​
"I don't think Man Utd fans will have much to celebrate come the end of the season"
"Eh hasn't he noticed we have won all our games except when our youth team drew with QPR in the League Cup"

Blackburn V Man Utd - Premiership
Right we have another chance to try and get back to our old self's after sneaking through the last 2 games

Blackburn 1-3 Man Utd
Rooney
O'G
Giddings​

Still misfiring but picked the right run of fixtures to do so. Cabaye got sent off and Blackburn scoring from 35 yards in the 92nd minute was rather disappointing "Marc should had stopped that and this may affect his future chances of being No1"

Blackburn V Man Utd - League Cup 4th round
Four days after we beat Blackburn in the league a totally different Man Utd team heads across the road to Ewood park on a night where David Moyes is told the sack awaits if they don't win tonight "He should spend less time telling the press how he doesn't rate myself and spend the time sorting his team out"

Blackburn 1-1 Man Utd - AET
Giddings

Pens
Blackburn 5-4 Man Utd

View attachment 271676

Well that was sad. Rooney, Neymar and Hamsik all came on and to try and get the winner but it didn't happen and our first potential trophy of the season is gone! "Very disappointing to taste defeat for the first time even if it was on penalty's our youth team showed some of them still have a long way to go!"

Stoke V Man Utd - Premiership
So were out of the League Cup but back to the premiership with the last game of October "I hope we can keep up our 100% record today and take that into November"

"Elsewhere today i may bee seen in my Aston Villa scarve for a few hours as they travail to Man City"

Stoke 0-3 Man Utd
Thiago
Rooney
Valencia​

Still weren't playing Stoke off the park and took two late goals to make the points and the run safe!

"Villa also did us a favour holding City to a 1-1 draw, Brilliant end to the month which would have 1 last earth shattering twist"

Which will be revealed later!

Only the one game and a verity of back up players got the job done against Besiktas. Dortmund and Juventus drew in there match so the group could be won next time out if Juvetus beat Dortmund and we beat Besiktas

Still have that 100% record in tact keeping us ahead of big spending Spurs. Reading and Fulham still to get a win. Fulham sacked Paul Lambert following there awful start

Player of the Month
Antonio Valencia
View attachment 271680

Having turned 30 at the beginning of the season Valencia is certainly playing like a footballer in the prime of his career. The odd goal and the regular assist and he's had the press and coaches raving this month

France

France V Scotland - International Friendly
Thought it would be fun to take on my home country as i know there not up to much from experience of watching them!

France 3-0 Scotland
Benzema
Pogba
O'G

Comfortable victory as expected really, Nothing major to report

Last edited:

Man City Sack Mourinho

View attachment 271683

Jose Mourinho has been sacked by Manchester city following there disapointing start to the season.

View attachment 271684

Chairman Khaldoon al Mubarak
"Were 10 matches into thes season and were only 7th! and already 11 points of the top of the table and are not looking great in a simple champions league group we felt the time for a change had come so we made it!"

A new manager is hoped to be in place soon with many seeing it as a great chance with plenty of money and Class players available top managers such as Josep Guardiola and Sinisa Mihalovic have been liked with the job

New Man City manager is a blast from the past
Nope not Sven, Stewart Pearce or even Steve Coppell trying to add to his 32 days in ****.

Roberto Mancini

Having left to Join Barcelona in the summer of 2014 he almost embarisingly failed to win the Champions League Final in his one season 2014/15 but did regain the La Liga title.
Mancini

"Although i enjoyed the challenge of Barcelona im thrilled to be back where my heart was at Manchester City, i couldnt wait to dawn this attire again"

This is a quality read! Must have spent hours reading it on and off! I was abit dissapointed when you left Villa because I wanted to see how far you could take them, but not many people would turn down the United job and I look forward to seeing if you win the champions league this year because I think you will have no problem with retaining the title!