Mate, just look at you… you come to this thread and start moaning about you getting results not what you want… why do you do that? You need hug and kiss from me? ;) Or you need an advise from me?

I prefer to think you need an advise from me and not a hug and a kiss… ;)so I start give you advise and what I hear from you? You answer: “wtf are you teaching me? I know better than you which players are good and which are bad and everything else and so on…”

Mate, just think if you are such FM guru and don't need any advise from me and you know everything better so what are you doing in this thread? Just go and use your knowledge and achieve great success...

Before calling me an ******* just look how you behave...

Where did I claim to know better than you?! Show me!! I have done nothing but try to give you the information you asked. Granted the "defence" -post that started this back and fourth was bit over the top and I'm sorry about that but I have gotten nothing but attitude in every post. Eventhough I have genuinely been trying to talk about my defence. Sure, you have also given some advice too but always with a condecending "schooling" attitude. "If you dont know how to show me the right screen/info I sure as **** wont help you". So, when I dont get what information you want me to post you say that tells you EVERYTHING about my knowledge of the game... Basically, why would I want to read any advice that follows that first paragraph where you pretty clearly call me a "lucky moron" barely worth your time?

No hugs and kisses (or smileys) needed...

I was talking about numbers and not "stars"... "stars" tell nothing

Well, when you ask to see Team CA thats where I went. Squad depth -> Current Ability. If that tells you I dont know anything about the game then fine. There sure as **** is much I dont know. ;)

i said "for the new defensive version"
Everything is the same as for base version.

Basically, why would I want to read any advice that follows that first paragraph where you pretty clearly call me a "lucky moron" barely worth your time?
Ok... but look how did you start our conversation… would you call it polite ask for help? or it looks more like moaning and ranting? Mate, after that I have full right to answer you using in the same style of "conversation". ;)

I'm pretty much done with this. Defence is leaking horribly.
Defensively this just isnt working! How can I win the championship when my defence is leaking huge amount of goals?!

If you ask in correct manner then you always get answer in correct manner from me... I always try to help as I can... but if you behave like little child then be ready for counter measures ;)

Well, when you ask to see Team CA thats where I went. Squad depth -> Current Ability. If that tells you I dont know anything about the game then fine. There sure as **** is much I dont know. ;)

I asked you to show me CA of your team by using 3rd party program like FMRTE or FM scout. It would give me understanding about strength of your team and it would helped me to evaluate your performance.

Last edited:
Hi TFF and all other folks:) I hardly dare to ask this:) But which team does match your tactic best ? What I am looking for is teams from top div but expected to fight for relegation. Team from european league preferred. I am aware i just could sit down and look all the teams trough but I hope to save some time in this way :) In advanced thanks

Hi TFF and all other folks:) I hardly dare to ask this:) But which team does match your tactic best ? What I am looking for is teams from top div but expected to fight for relegation. Team from european league preferred. I am aware i just could sit down and look all the teams trough but I hope to save some time in this way :) In advanced thanks

I suggest pick Crystal Palace. It's the weakest club in EPL and it has almost the last prediction 19th.

For starting eleven use this selection:

View attachment 274427

Rotate Bolasle/Zaha on IF position.

Rotate Campbell/Gayle/Zaha on Strikers positions.

Rotate Lee Chung-Young/Jonny Williams on SS position.

Rotate McAtthur/Mutch/Jonny Williams on B2B position.

Rotate Jendinak/Ledley on CM(D) position.

Try to sell the these players : Chamakh, Puncheon, Guedioura, Yay Sanogo(you can just terminate his loan), Glenn Murray, Pape Suare.

On money from sells try to buy few players who can play F9/IF/SS positions because you need few players for rotation.

Also try to buy/loan few players who can play DL position because the club simple doesn't have left footed players who can play DL position.

thanks a lot mate. but a bit confused with the red card. so you remove the CM(D) or one of the BBMs? if so, does it matter which one?

Remove the right B2B in the normal version and make CM(D) and the left B2b symmetric.

If you use the mirror version then remove the left B2B and make CM(D) and the right B2B symmetric.

Not really specifically related to this tactic but does anyone have any problems with training in preseason? What I normally do to get a tactic as fluid as possible is the following:-

- Put the tactic in all 3 tactic slots
- Set team General Training Main Focus to "Team Cohesion"
- Set team General Training Intensity Level to "Very High"
- Set Scheduling slider to far left
- Untick allow rest before and after match
- Set team Match Preparation Main Focus to "Match Tactics"
- Arrange 10 - 12 friendlies against the weakest possible teams

I do this up until 7 days before the start of the season and it seems to get the fluidity of the tactic up very fast at which point I switch to the training methods that TotalFootballFan9 has outlined in his opening post.

The problem with this is in some games my team is fine at the end of pre season but in other games such as my recent Milan game my team is ravaged by injuries. My squad have more hernias than a pensioners meeting at the moment.

TotalFootballFan9 does using the training you outlined ion your opening post get the tactic very fluid for you before the season starts? I am reluctant to stop using the method I have outlined above because I feel it is the fastest way to get a tactic fluid but the injuries are really angering me.

TFF9 - would it work better if i play a left footed player on the right side of the 2 f9 and right footed on left or don't it matter in the slightest.
Yes, it works better if you play a left footed player as the right F9 and a right footed player as the left F9.

- Arrange 10 - 12 friendlies against the weakest possible teams

Such high amount of friendly matches looks a bit extreme to me… maybe in the 1st season you need to play slightly high amount of matches(usually I play 7-8 matches) in order to get the tactic fluid 70-80% before the first match of the season but in the 2nd season when your team is already familiar with the tactic you just need to play just 2-3 friendly matches and I play more matches only because I need to get match fitness for the players to 100%.

P.S. Btw, the tactic familiarity doesn't drop at all in 2nd season if you didn't made any transfer in summer transfer window… but usually you always make transfer so it drops slightly.

Last edited:
Having some absolutely laughable results as Milan. Truly garbage results unfortunately. :'(

Having some absolutely laughable results as Milan. Truly garbage results unfortunately. :'(

Iv found that teams peform poorly if there players arent 100% ready for this tactic even the slightest change can ruin this!

I suggest pick Crystal Palace. It's the weakest club in EPL and it has almost the last prediction 19th.

For starting eleven use this selection:

View attachment 836394

Rotate Bolasle/Zaha on IF position.

Rotate Campbell/Gayle/Zaha on Strikers positions.

Rotate Lee Chung-Young/Jonny Williams on SS position.

Rotate McAtthur/Mutch/Jonny Williams on B2B position.

Rotate Jendinak/Ledley on CM(D) position.

Try to sell the these players : Chamakh, Puncheon, Guedioura, Yay Sanogo(you can just terminate his loan), Glenn Murray, Pape Suare.

On money from sells try to buy few players who can play F9/IF/SS positions because you need few players for rotation.

Also try to buy/loan few players who can play DL position because the club simple doesn't have left footed players who can play DL position.

a couple of little tips for cheap players who excel in the full back rolls Callum Patterson from Hearts 1.5 mil or 500k and 1 mil over how many months only 19 long throw 19 too :P not great stats but play as first teamer like i did for Norwich 1st season he improves a lot got the big boys sniffing around

the other one have danish league loaded Johan Knudsen from Elfsberg something like that sound like Santa picked that team :P he has 750k min clause only 21 long throw 17 :P

1 more tip if u have a bit of cash get the two Murphy kids from Norwich trained right they can play all the attacking pos IF/F9/SS

Iv found that teams peform poorly if there players aren't 100% ready for this tactic even the slightest change can ruin this!

I agree. Don't get me wrong the tactic is amazing and definitely works superb in the Italian league because I won everything with Roma in my first season (League, Italian Cup, and Champions League), winning the league with ease by 20 points.

I just think that with certain teams nothing can do very well. I got to the point with Milan where I wasn't creating enough chances except from corners and my strikers just weren't finishing. The top teams that I needed to beat such as Roma, Juventus and Napoli were killing me even at home and I ended up 9 points off the top spot whereas with Roma I won every big game against every big team home and away and was unbeaten in the league.

One thing I've noticed is that you really really need a quality striker in one of the striking positions at least and I mean a striker from the top 15/20 strikers in the game. The likes of Totti, Sturridge, RVP, Falcao, Balotelli, Lewandowski are ones that I mean and are ones that have scored 20 - 30 league goals for me with these tactics. These guys really seem to drag you out of the **** when you are 1 nil down or are drawing nil nil. Totti scored so many of these goals for me. We were nil nil against Barcelona in the Champions League Final and he scored a 30 - 40 yarder in the 85th minute, one of many similar goals.

Other players with lower finishing such as Sterling, Iturbe, El Shaarawy, Cerci, Rooney simply don't seem capable of doing this and although they score a lot of goals with the tactic it is usually against the smaller teams when easy chances are created or you can guarantee that they will be hitting the posts numerous times and the commentators will be saying "How did he miss that?" more times than I care to mention. These guys play best NEXT to someone from my previous list I've found with this tactic.

I also don't think Milan really has the players for it and there's not much you can do because they don't have a big transfer budget and they don't really have many players that you could sell for big money to rebuild except ones that you could really do with keeping anyway.

If you ask in correct manner then you always get answer in correct manner from me... I always try to help as I can... but if you behave like little child then be ready for counter measures ;)

You are right! My "original post" was dickish and writen in frustration. Bygones... ;)

Well, if going back to topic it seems that attack really is the best defence.

View attachment 274263 View attachment 274259
View attachment 274258

Second consecutive Champions League win and the first Premier League win are in the bag. Still missing FA and Capital One cup wins.

I asked you to show me CA of your team by using 3rd party program like FMRTE or FM scout. It would give me understanding about strength of your team and it would helped me to evaluate your performance.

Ok! I have never used any those programs. Just the info the game gives me. I installed FMScout but have only glanced at it.

Last edited:
he obviously had trouble opening the can of tuna, can you help him TFF?

please stay on topic kid

OT: anyone found a good overload method to score when trailing?

Back