Of course i read page 1 :D, im asking if there are in further updates within the thread. Also page 1 states this is for patch 15.3.2, which isnt the latest update iirc

hey tff. a bit irrelevant but there is something that's bothering me a lot and I haven't been playing this game since 2001-2002 so maybe I need some clearance.

I buy players according to the filters but some of them really suck on the star ratings of assistants/scouts or when I put them in the first 11, their colours are really faded compared to someone that does not match the filters at all.

so my question is, do you care about the ratings that are given by your assistant/scouts? Or do you just look at the attributes?

Thanks a lot

The "Star" rating of players' ability is absolutely useless thing.

The "Star" rating of the best player's role is absolutely useless thing.

And the only thing that is somehow useful is the "Star" rating of players' potential ability because if you don't use any 3rd party programs such as FM Scout or FMRTE then without such programs there's the only way to know the "approximate" potential of players is the "Star" rating of players' potential ability which the assitant manager/scouts or any stuff give you.

You can ask why then there's "Star" rating in the game if you say that it's absolutely useless? And the answer would be it's in the game because it can be somehow useful for very beginner players in order to give them at least some orienteers... I'm talking about players who haven't spend any minutes on watching 3D matches.

Also uou can ask how then would I know which attributes are "truly" important for players/roles? And the answer would be you need to spend a ton of hours watch 3D matches and learn how ME works and which attributes players use in different situations and what level of these attributes they should have in order to do good.

Hi TFF, amazing tactic. Been using it for a while now and instant results!

Hey mate, thanks, glad to hear it works good for you.

Hi TFF, amazing tactic. Been using it for a while now and instant results!
Most off the conceided goals are made via our left side. It is strange because the boxtoboxmidfielder is pressing the byline and de central midfielder on defend stays in position.

Honestly for me it's absolutely not import from what side I concede the left, the right or the center and the only thing I care about is the goal difference ratio… it should always be the best possible.

Of course i read page 1 :D, im asking if there are in further updates within the thread.

the latest version alwasy can be found at the OP.

Also page 1 states this is for patch 15.3.2, which isnt the latest update iirc
there haven't been any ME changes since patch 15.3.0.

Last edited:
The "Star" rating of players' ability is absolutely useless thing.

The "Star" rating of the best player's role is absolutely useless thing.

And the only thing that is somehow useful is the "Star" rating of players' potential ability because if you don't use any 3rd party programs such as FM Scout or FMRTE then without such programs there's the only way to know the "approximate" potential of players is the "Star" rating of players' potential ability which the assitant manager/scouts or any stuff give you.

You can ask why then there's "Star" rating in the game if you say that it's absolutely useless? And the answer would be it's in the game because it can be somehow useful for very beginner players in order to give them at least some orienteers... I'm talking about players who haven't spend any minutes on watching 3D matches.

Also uou can ask how then would I know which attributes are "truly" important for players/roles? And the answer would be you need to spend a ton of hours watch 3D matches and learn how ME works and which attributes players use in different situations and what level of these attributes they should have in order to do good.

you made your point very clear. thanks a lot buddy. keep up the good work.

you made your point very clear. thanks a lot buddy. keep up the good work.

You are welcome…

Here's a some more on that matter... ;)

Just think there are many premade "default" tactics in the game which everyone can use but no one ever think that these tactics is the best you can have and probably no one use them at least without tweaks... so why then you think that "tips" which build into the game about attributes for different roles gives you the best judgment about the efficiency of the player? All these "tips" aren't any better than premade "default" tactics which built into the game.

As I said there's only one way to find out which attributes are "truly" important you need to watch 3D matches and see which attributes players use in different situations and what level of these attributes they need in order to do good.

For example, you see that your Inside Forward who has Dribbling, Agility, Flair, Acceleration = 11 and when he tries dribble someone then in 90% of cases he fails and gets tackled.

Then you try different Inside Forward who has Dribbling, Agility, Flair, Acceleration = 17 and you see that in 90% of cases when he tries dribble someone he successes and runs past opponent.

All these observation give you knowledge about if you want that your Inside Forward were successful in dribbling then he should have Dribbling, Agility, Flair, Acceleration about 17.

Other example, let's say you see that your Full Back who has only "10" for Work Rate atribute in 90% of cases stands off opponents and lets them pass through and your other Full Back who has 17 Work Rate always engage opponents and don’t let them pass though so all these observation give you information about you want that your Full Back contributes greatly to defense then he should have Work Rate about 17.

Last edited:
The Overload version is good,i only played 10 matched,till the tactic was fluid...BUTy strikers,Messi and Neymar aren't scoring too much goals,i mean they are the best strikers,they should score more than one goal per match,but in fact,they score about 0,6/0,8 per match...i hope now,that the tactic is fluid,to score more goals...
PS:i completely didn't understood the CSKA match,i used the Overload version in that match,and in general,i used the Overload version about 80%...
Here we go,Barca 1st season 10 matches...
Good Job TFF !
Ah,and i used att.movement about 30%,70% was match tactic...

You are welcome…

Just think there are many premade "default" tactics in the game which everyone can use but no one ever think that these tactics is the best you can have and probably no one use them at least without tweaks... so why then you think that "tips" which build into the game about attributes for different roles gives you the best judgment about the efficiency of the player? All these "tips" aren't any better than premade "default" tactics which built into the game.

As I said there's only one way to find out which attributes are "truly" important you need to watch 3D matches and see which attributes players use in different situations and what level of these attributes they need in order to do good.

For example, you see that your Inside Forward who has Dribbling, Agility, Flair, Acceleration = 11 and when he tries dribble someone then in 90% of cases he fails and gets tackled.

Then you try different Inside Forward who has Dribbling, Agility, Flair, Acceleration = 17 and you see that in 90% of cases when he tries dribble someone he successes and runs past opponent.

All these observation give you knowledge about if you want that your Inside Forward were successful in dribbling then he should have Dribbling, Agility, Flair, Acceleration about 17.

Other example, let's say you see that your Full Back who has only "10" for Work Rate atribute in 90% of cases stands off opponents and lets them pass through and your other Full Back who has 17 Work Rate always engage opponents and don’t let them pass though so all these observation give you information about you want that your Full Back contributes greatly to defense then he should have Work Rate about 17.

thanks for making it crystal clear. cheers

You are welcome…

Very nice message!
Is it your own notice or there is a source where we could read it?
Maybe you can write other important attribute combinations and bring clearance in understanding what we do?
You are good at this.

Last edited:
Hi TFF,

Your tactic is simply amazing. I think everyone who's active on this forum have tried it. I made a tweak from your reborn tactic, it is now a diamond formation. In my personnal opinion as footballer and fm player I think that if you make some slight changes to your tactic, transforming it into a diamond formation like I did you would have much more balance in your team and it doesn't effect your goals scored. Your shadowstriker has more space to run in and the insideforward becomes a defensive midfielders who protect the change of getting caught on the counter. It is just my opinion but if you try it you will see it will give you a better goal ratio and results.

TFF after reading your posts about star ratings I'm unsure what to do when looking for regens now do I just follow scout reports and look for players with world class potential??

TFF how would you line up for FC Bayern?
please i need your help!

Thanks king!

This tactic is very vulnerable with better teams.. Like, Barcelona, Bayern, R. Madrid, Chelsea, Juventus etc...

I start with Villarreal and the first year i win Europa League and Taça do Rei, now in second league, im fighting with Barcelona for a first place (now i win). But, Champions League, my team is very weak, i lose all gamos with Bayern and Liverpool, just win with Légia.

PS: When i playing with all better teams i started " Reborn Defense"

TFF after reading your posts about star ratings I'm unsure what to do when looking for regens now do I just follow scout reports and look for players with world class potential??

For example, here's a list of the best 40 players in the game. CA range 170 - 200.

View attachment 273555

View attachment 273554

As you can see teams like Barcelona, Bayern, Real Madrid, Man City, Chelsea, Juventus are filed with 170 CA players.

For example, let's say you picked Hull and decided to bring world glory to this club and make it as strong as Barcelona or Real Madrid and in order to achieve that you need that CA of all your players were no less than 170.

As I already said "Star" ratings from the assistant manager is absolutely useless because he isn't capable properly evaluate which attributes are "truly" important for players and also he isn't able to give you at least "hint" about CA/PA level of the player because he evaluate/compare all players with players you have in the team.

For example, average CA of Hull's players is about 130CA and in this case every player with 140CA/PA will get about 4.5-5 "Stars" from the assistant manager... so when you buy 5 "Start" CA/PA player as Hull it doesn't mean that now you have such strong player as Barcelona or Real Madrid because if you would buy this player as Barcelona he would have only 1-2 "Starts" rating.

As you can see it's only you who can "correctly" evaluate the strength of the players and it really isn’t hard to do that... just need some practice.

PS: When i playing with all better teams i started " Reborn Defense"
Home matches even vs better teams you should start with the BASE version.

Last edited:
Back