TFF the ones in the OP is that the only time we use man marking for these formations?

Good question jason because that Newcastle tactic that u posted against your utd team was a weird tactic and thats not a tactic in the op.
Van Persie was running around like a blue arsed fly during that game :P finished 4-4

TFF the ones in the OP is that the only time we use man marking for these formations?

Manual Marking should be used every match and vs all possible formations and I didn't posted them all because it would requires a lot of screenshots and to say honestly that job was for nothing because all other formations are just slightly modifications of these major formation.

Jason, post it here If you have any example of formations which you don't know what position to mark.

I can add more formations to the OP but really they all will be the same.

Manual Marking should be used every match and vs all possible formations and I didn't posted them all because it would requires a lot of screenshots and to say honestly that job was for nothing because all other formations are just slightly modifications of these major formation.

Jason, post it here If you have any example of formations which you don't know what position to mark.

I can add more formations to the OP but really they all will be the same.
Just the one where they swap positions Van Persie running to the left to the right

Just the one where they swap positions Van Persie running to the left to the right
No, mate... it isn't possible… I think you messed up something when you set manual marking and probably that's why you concede so much.

Tell me whom did you set to mark?

No, mate... it isn't possible… I think you messed up something when you set manual marking and probably that's why you concede so much.

Tell me who did you set to ma versionrk?
Ok using the mirrored version if the left striker is marking MR and they swap positions to ML surely he follows him? That's what happened to me

Ok using the mirrored version if the left striker is marking MR and they swap positions to ML surely he follows him? That's what happened to me
As I already said manual marking doesn't work that way... it ignores "swapping" and always mark the player who play on MR position.

I have only one explanation why did that happen to you it's because when you set manual marking you were looking on "name" who to mark and at this moment this guy was on other side... so when you set manual marking just look at position it always written near players name and in your case your left striker should mark MR position.

Btw, can you upload PKM of this match... I want to look on it...

As I already said manual marking doesn't work that way... it ignores "swapping" and always mark the player who play on MR position.

I have only one explanation why did that happen to you it's because when you set manual marking you were looking on "name" who to mark and at this moment this guy was on other side... so when you set manual marking just look at position it always written near players name and in your case your left striker should mark MR position.

Btw, can you upload PKM of this match... I want to look on it...
Think you got it in one mate, don't know how to upload mate am a dumb *** :P

Think you got it in one mate, don't know how to upload mate am a dumb *** :P
Ok, never mind than...

Just next time when you are going to set manual marking just ignore players name and watch only on their position that’s near their names.

If you use the mirror version than most of time you just need to mark AMR or MR position… it's very simple.

This is performing terribly for me
i cannot work it out
I have a team that suits it all well, the player quality puts us around 4th best in the league but they are playing so badly since using this tactic
the striker who has to man mark the wide player never scores for me
its rare for the other striker to score as well
my main goalscorers are the box to box and the shadow striker and most of their goals are from corners
i rarely score from open play only really the wm scores

i tend to concede from every opportunity my opponent has. When I watch it on key i rarely see anything until I get 1 clip where my opponent has once chance and it goes in

my opponent keeps having about 6 shots 3 on target and scoring 2 or 3

im having 16 shots 9 on target and lucky to score one from a corner
in having about 54 percent of the possession but it's just not doing anuthing

the tactic is fully fluid and I just can't understand why they are getting these results
I'm using marking on the normal version with my right striker marking the aml or ml of the opponent so far all this has done had stopped this player scoring

i could really do with advice
all other versions have been so successful

I've added few additional formations to the OP and all other formations are slightly modifications of these formations.

mm3_R.png
mm8_R.png

mm7_R.png
mm6_R.png

mm4_R.png
mm2_R.png
mm5_R.png
mm1_R.png

mm8_RD.png

Last edited:
i could really do with advice
all other versions have been so successful

Mate, all information that you provided tells really nothing and for the start provide this infomration:

1) Average CA of your team.
2) Your result after full season.

And if all these would look suspicious then further information will requires.

P.S. Your media prediction tells absolutely nothing it’s based on reputation of your team and not on “real” strength. You could be predicted 1st but the same time having the weakest team in the league. :)

Mate, all information that you provided tells really nothing and for the start provide this infomration:

1) Average CA of your team.
2) Your result after full season.

And if all these would look suspicious then further information will requires.

P.S. Your media prediction tells absolutely nothing it’s based on reputation of your team and not on “real” strength. You could be predicted 1st but the same time having the weakest team in the league. :)

I will try to get that for you but will need to download a scout for CA.

I know that in the twenty games I last used Reborn v1 I had won 17 out of 20.
In my last 15 games with v3 I have won 6. Previous Executioner has never been this low for me under similar circumstances

Something is going wrong. On top of that I am tending to have the better stats every time
More Shots
More on Target
More Possession

I will try to get that for you but will need to download a scout for CA.

You'd better get FMRTE because it has more "friendly" interface and it's free if you use it only to view stuff and not edit it.
I know that in the twenty games I last used Reborn v1 I had won 17 out of 20.
In my last 15 games with v3 I have won 6. Previous Executioner has never been this low for me under similar circumstances

It very could that during the first period you had weaker opponents and even some of them were strong you played vs them at home which made these matches easier and for the second period you had stronger opponents and against many of them you played away which made these matches even tougher. Also it very could be you were lucky in the first period and very unlucky in the second period. There are countless amount of random factors in FM which have impact on the result even referees can have awful ratings for the math less than 3.0 - 4.0 this mean all his calls were against your team. That's why in order to make any judgment need to finish at least the full season.

And as I said without knowledge about strength of your team and your results after the full season it's just impossible to make any judgment.

What to do against regular diamond formation regarding marking? AMC has ripped me to shreds against two different teams (playing through balls to their two strikers).

Example PPM attached (should have won game easily if not for defensive frailty)

View attachment 271804

Last edited:
Back