What to do against regular diamond formation regarding marking? AMC has ripped me to shreds against two different teams (playing through balls to their two strikers).

Example PPM attached (should have won game easily if not for defensive frailty)

View attachment 842746
Mate, I see that you didn't use Reborn V3 tactic and didn't use proper marking vs this formation so don't see what to discuss here. :)

After 5 championships and some cup victories with Viking from Norway, I applied to the job as Southampton manager in january 2020. I got the job and decided to use the Overload tactic straight away. Everything is going great. Winning and winning. Just beat Man.Utd 4-2. The tactic is not fluent but that's hard to understand. Perfect football! From 16th to 8th spot and still many games left. Saints are also in the Europe League.

Im playing as Everton and find switching to counter for away and tough games works wonders, top of the league after 30 and only lost 2 and drew 1.

PlayHardOrGoHome The latest version that is V3 as got a WM not a IF but you still need to use the wide midfielder as the same as the IF and nothing is different what so ever. The only real difference is the man marking of your strikers.

tyvm. I read back a few pages and saw this also. was being lazy when I asked.:)

I was asking for clarification on the proper marking
Ok, I've added few more formations and I think now this guide gives understanding whom to mark in all possible formations. :)

mm3_R.png
mm8_R.png

mm7_R.png
mm6_R.png

mm4_R.png
mm2_R.png
mm5_R.png
mm1_R.png

mm8_RD.png

I also made a save with Paderborn, but finished in 4th with - 1 point to you : PView attachment 843251
Nice mate! :)

Have patience and make some good transfers every season. If they don't want to give you enough transfer budget just ask them for more and buy players with 36 months and other clauses. In my second season I finsished second and won the DFB-Pokal. Acutally I'm fighting with Bayern to get the championship.

At the end of the first season I would prefer to buy a good GK like Kevin Trapp - he saved me a lot of results and is doing great in future.

hey TFF9, just finished my first season with liverpool and easily won BPL, I would like a better challenge and I thought in starting a career with Inter. Would you please recommend me the players you'd pick for the starting 11, and who should I sell. Thanks in advance!

PS: Best tactic of the game so far :)

Nice mate! :)

Have patience and make some good transfers every season. If they don't want to give you enough transfer budget just ask them for more and buy players with 36 months and other clauses. In my second season I finsished second and won the DFB-Pokal. Acutally I'm fighting with Bayern to get the championship.

At the end of the first season I would prefer to buy a good GK like Kevin Trapp - he saved me a lot of results and is doing great in future.

Never do signings , always I value the team , from the youth :)

You'd better get FMRTE because it has more "friendly" interface and it's free if you use it only to view stuff and not edit it.

It very could that during the first period you had weaker opponents and even some of them were strong you played vs them at home which made these matches easier and for the second period you had stronger opponents and against many of them you played away which made these matches even tougher. Also it very could be you were lucky in the first period and very unlucky in the second period. There are countless amount of random factors in FM which have impact on the result even referees can have awful ratings for the math less than 3.0 - 4.0 this mean all his calls were against your team. That's why in order to make any judgment need to finish at least the full season.

And as I said without knowledge about strength of your team and your results after the full season it's just impossible to make any judgment.

TFF is normal that when i put my stcl (mirror version) marking my opponent's right wing back sometimes my coach assisant says e.g. "Dybala is not in his correct position beacause he must mark Cassani" Dybala is my stcl and Cassani their right wing back

champions league first year last sixteen..

267e0d472918c3375f52d344b7f41200.png

base version!

TFF is normal that when i put my stcl (mirror version) marking my opponent's right wing back sometimes my coach assisant says e.g. "Dybala is not in his correct position beacause he must mark Cassani" Dybala is my stcl and Cassani their right wing back

Heh, I think the assistant manager's advises which he gives during the match were made for comedian purpose…

One guy made very funny post on official forum which describes the assistant manager’s advises very accurately. Here it is:

6 minutes "Boss go more direct"
12 minutes "Boss play it short"
18 minutes "we are terrible in the air, oh yeah, go direct"
25 minutes " we need to put in more crosses"
30 minutes "best we play it short"
36 minutes "we are not creating enough, go direct"
40 minutes "we are the worst team ever and can not keep the ball, play it short"
44 minutes "we really need to get at them, play it long"
45 minutes "boss play it short..... ohh boss, I never knew you had a gun ... why are you pointing it at me boss?"

Mate, I'm wondering why you still haven't turned them off :)

Last edited:
Hello i'm frenhc. I have never seen such a perfect tactic since my debut in Football Manager. A force is no longer takes any fun to play and I think taking a team of English D4 to see what it gives, as the players when we need (I Napoli), it's too easy. Manolo Gabbiadini thank you for this tactic

I'm in the 3rd season with the small underdog club Paderborn. First season we were predicted to be 18th - finsihed 3rd. Second season we were predicted to be 9th - finished 2nd and won the DFB-Pokal (German Cup). 3rd season predicted to be 3rd - but what will happen???

So far:

View attachment 271537
The last matches:

View attachment 271535

Started new save with Fulham. First 3 games:

View attachment 271519View attachment 271518
View attachment 271516View attachment 271515
View attachment 271514View attachment 271513

Used counter mentality for the Ipswhich and Wolves game and changed to counter during the Millwall game to get the draw. Using the marking tactic also.

Only 2 signings which were made before I downloaded this tactic.

View attachment 271511

Enjoying it so far and seems to make my youngster's look good:)

Great work my friend:)

Finished 3rd season with Paderborn

Well, I'm a little bit sad about that results - we've got knocked out in the CL-Final by Juventus Turin:

View attachment 271449

This tactic is just amazing! Never had that results with any other of those tactics.

First season pred. 18th (finished 3rd)

second season pred. 9th (finished 2nd & won DFB-Pokal)

third season pred. 3rd (won the double - league and DFB-Pokal)

:)

hi tff

Which role do you have the ML training? wide midfielder or inside forward? thanks

Back