What's the reasoning behind changing the defensive line? It's a drastic change, after all.

Dude, for God sake… :) Newcastle is predicted to finish 9th. It’s mid table club and as you said you finished 3rd!

EPL is the most competitive league in the world and you want easily win it with mid table club? :)

Did you strengthen your team somehow? Or you think quality of players means nothing?

Did you even read my post? I acknowledged that finishing 3rd with Newcastle was good, but this does not change the fact that losing to teams that are in the relegation battle is a terrible result. I find it strange how this tactic performs so much worse in away games compared to home ones. Looking at my home vs away record in my current season, my home record is second best in the league but for away games I'm all the way down in 12th. And yes, I have strengthened the squad, especially in the second season when I had more money.

Btw, I'm not saying this tactic is bad at all. For the most part, it has been successful for me so far. It's just that some of my away results have been very disappointing.

Last edited:
What's the reasoning behind changing the defensive line? It's a drastic change, after all.
There are simply no instructions that do only "bad". Everything has "positives" and "negatives".

For some instructions balance between "positives" and "negatives" could be seen after few matches and for other it could be seen only after 200 matches :)

Previous D-line settings weren't bad at all... it's simple the new settings is just better :)

I find it strange how this tactic performs so much worse in away games compared to home ones.

Dalnath, it's just how things stand for FM15. Away matches in FM15 are much tougher than they have ever been before. It looks like home team gets crazy buff for morale and attributes… so in order to win away matches you must be much stronger than your opponent. You need combination strong tactic + strong team.

Last edited:
At the risk of being shot to death, TFF a question for you.

I have no full backs at the club, as I've been playing with 3 at the back for a while. I do however have some very good wide midfielders who could be re-trained to WB in the DM strata.

If I was going to try and adapt your tactic to fit this (so essentially exactly the same, only with the FB's pushed up) what would you recommend, standard WB roles?

I thought about also (maybe) changing the DM to be a HB, to provide some more defensive cover, particularly in tough games, and maybe change the CM(s) to be a bit more static.

Would be good to get your thoughts on this. Thanks,

TFF, apologies for re-posting, but this thread is on fire any you might have missed it. Can I get your thoughts on above?

TFF, apologies for re-posting, but this thread is on fire any you might have missed it. Can I get your thoughts on above?

Hey macca72!

Honestly, I have no idea how all this is gonna work ;) because in order to find out it requires to spend **** amount of time on testing... Ehhh... I'm sorry about not being to helpful here. :(

Last edited:
Hey macca72!

Honestly, I have no idea how all this is gonna work ;) because in order to find out it requires to spend **** amount of time on testing... Ehhh... I'm sorry about not being to helpful here. :(

Hey TFF!!

Do you can upload the V1 of all tactics? Where i find the other versions? The V1 work best than V2...

You understand me? je je

PD: Sorry for my bad english :D

Which one of the two strikers score the most ?

Sorry if it was already asked 10000 times.

i woold like it too the tweks to the defensive line completely killed my defence in 5 games with v2 lost more games than in the rest of all season with v1 :s

i woold like it too the tweks to the defensive line completely killed my defence in 5 games with v2 lost more games than in the rest of all season with v1 :s

Mate, feel free to change D-Line if you don't like the new one... Just remove "Drop Deeper" and add "Much Higher D-Line"… that's all.

I'm testing right now and haven't got so far clear evidence that new D-line is worse than old one.

Mate, feel free to change D-Line if you don't like the new one... Just remove "Drop Deeper" and add "Much Higher D-Line"… that's all.

I'm testing right now and haven't got so far clear evidence that new D-line is worse than old one.

But you think it's better? i think that with the much higher option the defence is closer to the midfield and while its more risky due to long balls behind my defensive line i think you close the space much better mostly against short passing teams. what do you think mate? ;)

But you think it's better? i think that with the much higher option the defence is closer to the midfield and while its more risky due to long balls behind my defensive line i think you close the space much better mostly against short passing teams. what do you think mate? ;)
of course everything has its advantages and disadvantages… you just said that V1 worked better for you and you want back to it… so I offered you the way how to do that.

As I said I haven't got so far clear evidence that new D-Line settings is worse than old... but I continue make testing and if I get clear proves that new one D-Line is worse than I'll update tactic and revert back this change.

playing in my laliga save i've noticed i've been having a lot more shots against me and goals conceded since changing to v2 (even when it became fully fluid)

maybe for top teams/la liga, v1 d-line is better, since going back to v1 i'm having very few shots against me again/no goals conceded

varies for every person though, but in my experience v1 seems more solid (very small sample size, i know, but v1 vs strong teams looks better defensively than v2 vs weak teams)

Guys, I've updated all tactics and slightly higher D-Line... so D-Line now stands somewhere between V1 and V2.

I find it's optimal.

Last edited:
Back