Probably has something to do with the mentality you play with. Playing counter away to Juventus might see your players being too cautious and not getting any clear chances. However with standard there's a 50/50 risk/reward so your players are taking more chances. If you're the stronger team then that makes sense.

Same thing now against Barcelona away. I played Base and i drew 2-2 i played attack and won 0-1. Seems like against top teams attack is the way to go most of the times whilst base works good against those sneaky underdog teams that give you usually that random draw or loss which spoils your perfect stats sheet at the end of the season :)

Whats the reason you went away from using the "no winger" formation?

Tbh this looks like its becoming another "christianeriksen" thread with "updates/new formations" every other day. Sad really

TFF9, keep upgrade attacking versions, DMC seems to be completly uslees in 15.3 ;)

Guys, first of all, I appreciate Chrissy's work and his intention to help and thanks him for that! … but I must say that with his setup you score less from corners. I would recommend use my setup.

TFF, I have a couple of questions about what situations you would use these tactics in. For example if I'm Man United and I'm playing Leicester away would I start with the base version due to being away or would I start with the attacking version because they are a much weaker team than me?

Likewise if I was playing for example Chelsea or Liverpool at home would I start with the attacking version because we are at home and a little bit stronger than them or the base version to be safe?

Also, I asked this earlier but I'm wondering what your thoughts are on it - In pre-season should I put the base version in all 3 tactic slots to get it as fluid as possible before the season starts or should each tactic go in it's own slot right from the start of the game?

T
Also, I asked this earlier but I'm wondering what your thoughts are on it - In pre-season should I put the base version in all 3 tactic slots to get it as fluid as possible before the season starts or should each tactic go in it's own slot right from the start of the game?

In pre-season I use 2 slots for "Base" version and 1 slot for "Attacking" version.

TFF, I have a couple of questions about what situations you would use these tactics in. For example if I'm Man United and I'm playing Leicester away would I start with the base version due to being away or would I start with the attacking version because they are a much weaker team than me?

I prefer to use caution approach. I almost always start with “Base” version because I always can switch for "Attacking" version in 2nd half if I don't happy with result and think that I can take more risk.

Also I can switch for "Attacking" version even in 1st half if I something extreme happens, for example, I start to lose by 2 goals or only by 1 goals but vs very weak team.

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates to the tactic. Results don't lie and u apparently created smthg very good.
My question is whether anyone here has had success using this tactic (v8)with Southampton. Just finished 1st season winning BPL, the domestic cups, and of course qualified for Champions League. I feel that my old tactic has run its course and want to give V8 a try, but I don't have 150m to spend on world class players -if I did, I could just buy the players listed in the player filters.I have a decent budget as a result of last season and the only transfers I made then was getting Balanta (cd) and L.Romero (dm). I apparently need a good pair of stkrs for this and I don't want to spend 50m each for them. I would appreciate any advice from anyone who has had success using v8 w/Sthptn including what changes u made, key transfers, etc. It would certainly help bf starting new season/transfer window. Thanks in advance.

In the layout of the tactic, I still like the V1, especially for smaller teams, where one may not have the oppertunity to have loads of good players sitting as subs, for the shifting positions as it's done between balanced/defensive version and attacking version, I do get the idea of the switching, but to me it seems like it's more for teams with broad squards or big teams, like Real Madrid, wich i can see the screenshots are made with.

Don't get me wrong, I like that the tactics getting developed to make them even better, but i'm a guy there loves to do LLM and always looking for good tactics for that, and that's why i prefer tactics without too much switching positions :)

V1 made me champion of League two with Portsmouth. Made it to the 5th round of the FA Cup, then got slammed by Everton. Great tactic, but with 27 wins, 10 draws and 7 losses maybe needs a tiny bit of adjustment. Maybe I'll try the v8 next season. I have some great transfers coming in so hope to improve results. Thanks for the tactic!

P.s: Anyone who's starting a LLM game, go get Nourdin Boukhari on AMC(for experience) and Owobowale(SC/AML/AMR supertalent who's willing to play low!).

attacking version is working better for me atm with Toronto FC in MLS. The SS (I'm using Gilberto, not even a great player) is a joy to watch, he really breaks defences into pieces! Counter attacking also works great.

in my experience base version seems to invite the opponents attack a bit too much, especially against bigger teams.

great set of tactics as usual TFF :)

I'm afraid totalfootballfans instructions on when to use these tactics are about as useful as a *******-flavoured lollipop. DO NOT I repeat DO NOT use the attacking version of the tactic home or away against any side unless they are far far weaker than your team i.e. you are top 3 and they are bottom 3.

I used it as instructed in the first post and although we are top of the league we are losing and drawing games a lot. I've just drew at home with Aston Villa 4 - 4 using the attacking version and to say the defence is pathetic in that tactic would be far too much of a compliment. It's like as if it is designed to fail defensively.

I've just started using v8 and I've lost 3 league games in a row 1-0 I'm having plenty of shots on goal but not having any luck I just don't know what I'm doing wrong

DO NOT I repeat DO NOT use the attacking version of the tactic home or away against any side unless they are far far weaker than your team i.e. you are top 3 and they are bottom 3.

Here's a quote from OP ;)

USE THIS VERSION IF YOU THINK THAT YOU ARE MUCH STRONGER SIDE THAN YOUR OPPONENT OR YOU NEED TO SCORE

I'm having plenty of shots on goal but not having any luck I just don't know what I'm doing wrong
I suggest maybe get players with better Finishing, Long shots, Composure, Concentration, Decisions? ;)

I used it as instructed in the first post and although we are top of the league we are losing and drawing games a lot.

Crew2, in my previous post I answered you when and how I use these tactic. You just need some experience with these tactics and you’ll find out what version and when you should use.

More right decisions you make during the season what version and when to use the better your have at the end. It’s simple like that.

Last edited:

I suggest maybe get players with better Finishing, Long shots, Composure, Concentration, Decisions? ;)
I've got jese,fierro and Rossi also I keep getting caught on the counter attack coz I only have I man that stays back

Big Props to TTF! before the update I had a solid 4231 tactic that tore up the prem with only awesome youngsters. They were
progressing really well until 15.3 now that tactic is out the window totally useless! I started using this slightly unusual formation (v8 Base) and it bladdy works, its really solid against weaker sides but I come up short against the bigger sides and especially when I go a man down my team totally loses shape. Any advise for this?

especially when I go a man down my team totally loses shape. Any advise for this?
If you read OP you can find these :):

IMPORTANT 6: When you have player sending off:
1) If you are winning and need hold the lead then remove AMC(Shadow Stiker).
2) If you are losing and goal then remove DM.

IMPORTANT 4: In this tactic “Hard Tackles” has been set for almost all positions so you need careful manage “Yellow Card” during the match and substitute players who’s been booked in order to avoid sending off!

For example, If you see that your DM or Full Backs have Yellow card and there’s a lot of time to play and result of the match is shaky so in this case I would recommend to substitute player who has been booked in order to avoid possible sending off.

Last edited:

Crew2, in my previous post I answered you when and how I use these tactic. You just need some experience with these tactics and you’ll find out what version and when you should use.

More right decisions you make during the season what version and when to use the better your have at the end. It’s simple like that.

I'm afraid it's just far too weak for me. My season with Man United is about to go out the window. Too many losses and too many draws against teams we should be beating. 3 losses and 3 draws so far in 15 games and we're 5 points off the top now. Also too many missed chances from strikers and attackers. I have never seen so many "How did he manage to miss that?" and "That should have been a goal" comments in all my time playing the game. To be honest though I had a bad feeling about the tactic when I noticed the team you had tested it with initially was Real Madrid XD

There also seem to be far too many penalties conceded. I suppose it's a learning experience. I'll carry on and if the season doesn't work out I'll try a game as Liverpool or Chelsea as as they seem more suited to it.

Last edited:
Could you please answer my question about where to put tactics slot wise please? Here it is again:-

In pre-season should I put the base version in all 3 tactic slots to get it as fluid as possible before the season starts or should each tactic go in it's own slot right from the start of the game?
crew2, did you miss my answer ;) … because I already answered you… see post #615.

To be honest though I had a bad feeling about the tactic when I noticed the team you had tested it with initially was Real Madrid XD
[/B]

I didn’t test this tactic with Real Madrid and this team was taken just to show how I would lined up it… it could be any other team. I use top club to show how would I lined up them because everyone knows players in these clubs and their positions. It's simple as that.

Last edited:
Back