Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I'm not getting results I should but I could be punching above my weight I've struggled for players I ain't giving up just get to end of season and go again but it would be great if someone that's had success could recomend players they've had success with
Use the player filter list in the OP

V10 does not suit the team I have, could you put the V1 up again as the current link is not working

TFF, Respected your Tactics but what have you done! Total Football my backside. This formation is an aberration. Would it work in Real Life? I'm Disappointed... Expected Better..

Go back to 4-1-2-1-2 or go 4-2-3-1, I don't know what this is anymore! Patiently Waiting

TFF, Respected your Tactics but what have you done! Total Football my backside. This formation is an aberration. Would it work in Real Life? I'm Disappointed... Expected Better..

Go back to 4-1-2-1-2 or go 4-2-3-1, I don't know what this is anymore! Patiently Waiting
Make your own tactic then, Pure cheek

Mate, in real life Barcelona and Bayern use such unbelievable formations and approaches that we simple aren’t able to reproduce then in FM and if we could do that it were looked weird as ****.

In real life teams don't use "template" formations such 4-1-2-1-2 or 4-2-3-1 and what we see on TV before every match is far from how teams play in reality. ;)

Finished 6th with Southampton need to make a lot of changes to players . Players like ward prowse and Rodriguez that I thought would suit this tac just don't match the attributes so a mass clear out is needed and start again

Finished 6th with Southampton need to make a lot of changes to players . Players like ward prowse and Rodriguez that I thought would suit this tac just don't match the attributes so a mass clear out is needed and start again
Mate, if you don't have much experience in evaluation of players quality then I suggest you use combination of filters and 3rd party programs such FM scout or FMRTE.

All this will give you protection from buying less quality players and at some point in future when you have more experience you can do just fine without 3rd part programs.

Also in this case you always know "real" strength of your team compare to other teams in the league and you can see how you overarching or underachieving and this helps prevent a lot of frustrations.

Can I use Griezmann as the left inside forward? He is left footed but has "Fairly Strong" for his right foot.

Can I use Griezmann as the left inside forward? He is left footed but has "Fairly Strong" for his right foot.
No, I don't recommend to do that... You should use "Mirror" version in this case.

Turning into a Legend on here mate :)
so far I only observe that I'm turning into crazy FM addict... and it doesn't smell like "legendary" or something like this. ;)

Last edited:
Mate, if you don't have much experience in evaluation of players quality then I suggest you use combination of filters and 3rd party programs such FM scout or FMRTE.

All this will give you protection from buying less quality players and at some point in future when you have more experience you can do just fine without 3rd part programs.

Also in this case you always know "real" strength of your team compare to other teams in the league and you can see how you overarching or underachieving and this helps prevent a lot of frustrations.
Don't know what I should be doing do I just follow the filters and get the best players I can ?? And I don't know what fm scout or fmtre is

Don't know what I should be doing do I just follow the filters and get the best players I can ?? And I don't know what fm scout or fmtre is
Just grab FMRTE... it's free(if you don't edite stuff).

Make sure that you have good scouting knowledge then use filter to find players then use FMRTE to check thier CA in order to be sure that you don't make a mistake and buy worse player you have.

Later when you have more experience you wouldn’t need use FMRTE.

Last edited:
I don't know why, but it seems I can't get it working with Wolfsburg. No transfers, because I had no money, but normally players must be OK. But Schurlle for example is doing bad on IF. And I am getting lots of goals against.

I don't know why, but it seems I can't get it working with Wolfsburg. No transfers, because I had no money, but normally players must be OK. But Schurlle for example is doing bad on IF. And I am getting lots of goals against.
Dude, to tell how are you doing, good or bad, you need to finish the season and see your place in the table. All other information is useless and it tells nothing.

I used this tactic for half a season in PL with a good squad. I used the 1st F9 version with sometimes using the Overload tactic.

I managed a 20-2-3 record with goals 65-19...

Then changed to other tactics due to lacking corner exploit..

Great tactic with nice football. It works perfect against 442 and it is good for tough games...!

Finished first season with Everton. Started with V1 a few days ago and updated the versions as they came out, finished using V10. I don't know how can anyone complain about the defense, it's this tactic strong point. 16 goals against in 38 games is excellent. It may not be the most flashy tactic out there, but it's probably the most efficient. Great work as always by TFF.

free upload

Last edited:
gallego, did you play the mirror version so baines could be the attacking fullback?

and who were your starters for attacking mid and inside forward

Back