Hi TFF, if we have a slow AMC, would you recommend changing his role from Shadow Striker to, perhaps, Attacking Midifielder?
The shadow striker has the "dribble more" instruction active as a default, and can't be changed. Thanks.
I wouldn't bother with it because SS role has much more advantages vs AM role even if you have a slow AMC.

Another observation, with the new V5 corner setup: if the Full Back with the "back" instruction has the "long flat throw" ppm and is taking the throw ins, you have no one back.

Yup, this could be a problem and if you have the situation like this I suggest you set DCL "Stay Back" in order to have additional player at the back.

BUMP​

Guys, I've updated the tactic to V5 and added new corner setup.

AMC should take the corners.

IMPORTANT: The new corner setup ONLY WORK if AMC takes the corners but If you use "Instant Result" then in this case during the match your assistant manager can substitute the player who play on AMC position and in this case AI randomly picks the corner taker so in order to avoid it you should always know who your assistant manager use as subs for your main AMC during the matches and set these players as the reserve corner takers.

P.S. Yup… Instant Result is pain in ***.

Last edited:
Guys, I've updated OP and added this to important things section:

"If your left full back(or the right full back in the mirror version) possess "Long Flat Throw" PPM then you need to set "Stay Back" for your DCL(or DCR in the mirror version) during attacking corners or you won't have any player at the back during the left attacking near box throw-ins."

Guys, I've updated OP and added this to important things section:

"If your left full back(or the right full back in the mirror version) possess "Long Flat Throw" PPM then you need to set "Stay Back" for your DCL(or DCR in the mirror version) during attacking corners or you won't have any player at the back during the left attacking near box throw-ins."

Isn't that PPM related to throw ins? In throw in setup the DCL is already staying back.
The PPM has no relation to corners, right? So if AMC is taking corners and thus left full back stays back as instructed in attacking corner setup there's no reason to also have your DCL stay back.
Or am I missing something (in regards to the PPM)?

Isn't that PPM related to throw ins? In throw in setup the DCL is already staying back.
The PPM has no relation to corners, right? So if AMC is taking corners and thus left full back stays back as instructed in attacking corner setup there's no reason to also have your DCL stay back.
Or am I missing something (in regards to the PPM)?

If the player who takes the throw-ins possess "Long Flat Throw" PPM then all near box attacking throw-ins transforms into corner like set pieces and all players take instructions from the corner setup and not the throw-in setup.

If the player who takes the throw-ins possess "Long Flat Throw" PPM then all near box attacking throw-ins transforms into corner like set pieces and all players take instructions from the corner setup and not the throw-in setup.

I didn't know that, thanks for the clarification.
I'll make the change right now.

Thanks for a great tactic by the way! I'm simply loving it.

I didn't know that, thanks for the clarification.
I'll make the change right now.

Thanks for a great tactic by the way! I'm simply loving it.

McBurns...
Simply Loving it...

I see a McDonalds sponsorship somewhere

I have found Executioner the BEST tactic for achieving ridiculous results with amazing upper table teams such as unbeaten seasons, players with 60+ goal etc.

However I havent found it the most reliable with lower to mid table teams, finding I conceded far too many especially when your strikers dont finish enough.

KillerBee Hitman has been the best for those teams.

TFF, in which ways has this latest update improved the tactic.

I have found v11 to be the most consistent and feel there has been a lot of running around circles since then, (6 tactics) that havent brought big improvements.

The question I suppose is why is this one better and how have you tested that?

Guys, I've updated the tactic to V6 and changed the player who "Stay Backs" during the "attacking corner".

I very recommend use this update because it solves a lot problems.

The previous corner setup has some critical issues.

Last edited:
TFF, have you thought of trying a 3-4-3 formation for your next tactic? i think it could be effective for these reasons

1. 3 strikers seem over powered, or you could play 1 with 2 inside forwards or 2 am's

2. attacking wing backs are over powered, and would help with corner/throwins

3. would play 2 cm's on support or defend, they seem to work better than dm's and are a good base

4. 3 cb's seem a solid defensive base

i'm thinking something similar to how brazil played in 2002

not sure if you've tried it but i think it could be a good shape to work on, as most back 4 formations that the AI use struggle against it to begin with and depending on how you line the attack up it could be very strong with the complete wingbacks

V4 is perfect. I had gloucester City . media prediction 22. got the title for 1 point from the second. the tactic is perfect for me

this is an answer to those that are wondering if the tactic works on small clubs. there is not smaller from gloucester on the game :)

TFF, about my previous post above about 3-4-3, i just modified your tactic to test for one match in my save (mid season so not fluid)

move fb's to wb and change to CWB - attack, give both of them the exact same instructions as your fb - attack had

move right striker to cb and give same instructions as other 2 cb

keep central striker where he is

move AMC to right wing and make inside forward - support, give same instructions as the left inside forward

i've never seen a tactic control a game like this one has, i know it's only one game to test, but i'm going to keep testing till tough games and see how it does

i think this might become the best 3-4-3 for this patch

only problems i see are would need to fix set piece instructions, individual marking/OI, and need to maybe put the IF to attack, because a lot of times i see them staying a bit too deep and the cwb run past them and the IF's don't get involved in this situation (need to make them attack more when the cwb's have the ball)

oh also those changes i made above were from v11, i haven't updated the tactic since then cause i haven't been playing for a week

TFF, about my previous post above about 3-4-3, i just modified your tactic to test for one match in my save (mid season so not fluid)

move fb's to wb and change to CWB - attack, give both of them the exact same instructions as your fb - attack had

move right striker to cb and give same instructions as other 2 cb

keep central striker where he is

move AMC to right wing and make inside forward - support, give same instructions as the left inside forward

i've never seen a tactic control a game like this one has, i know it's only one game to test, but i'm going to keep testing till tough games and see how it does

i think this might become the best 3-4-3 for this patch

only problems i see are would need to fix set piece instructions, individual marking/OI, and need to maybe put the IF to attack, because a lot of times i see them staying a bit too deep and the cwb run past them and the IF's don't get involved in this situation (need to make them attack more when the cwb's have the ball)

I can give this a quick go and give a basic overview for you

not sure if you've tried it but i think it could be a good shape to work on, as most back 4 formations that the AI use struggle against it to begin with and depending on how you line the attack up it could be very strong with the complete wingbacks

Ehhh... Mate, I've tried everything else starting from 3 strikers and ending 3 CDs and the current tactic shows the best performance.

oh also those changes i made above were from v11, i haven't updated the tactic since then cause i haven't been playing for a week

Ultimate V6 is better by far than the old V11.

The best attacking corner set up is definitely

GK Default
DR/DL Stay back
CB Stand far, Challenge keeper
CM (D) Attack from deep
CM (S) Default
AML Default
AM Attack near post
STC/STR Default

Give it a go

The DL on right corner
DR on left corners