What position do we remove if there is a sent off player with Waste Time version? And who takes corners in waste time? Cant find it in the OP. Thanks!

What position do we remove if there is a sent off player with Waste Time version? And who takes corners in waste time? Cant find it in the OP. Thanks!
Tomorrow I'll update the corner setup for Waste Time Version and add this information to OP...

If you have man sent off and you are using Waste Time version then remove one of CMs.

Last edited:
Hello all.

going to use this on my liverpool save. For those who have experience with tactic where would you fit
my attacking players Into the positions?

Sterling, Sturridge, Coutinho, Markovic Into the IF, SS, and two
DLF? what would be the best fit?

Also have balotelli lurking aRound too!

Anyone ne used this with liverpool too?

balotelli and sturridge upfront, coutinho as the SS, sterling as the IF

though i much prefer sterling as a SS instead of IF (for me he performs better at SS, and i'd sign depay for IF), if you insist on playing coutinho then you need to play him as a SS (not sure you can get away with him at CM-S) which means sterling has to go IF

if you don't want to play balotelli starting, then sturridge sterling upfront, coutinho ss, markovic IF

balotelli and sturridge upfront, coutinho as the SS, sterling as the IF

though i much prefer sterling as a SS instead of IF (for me he performs better at SS, and i'd sign depay for IF), if you insist on playing coutinho then you need to play him as a SS (not sure you can get away with him at CM-S) which means sterling has to go IF

if you don't want to play balotelli starting, then sturridge sterling upfront, coutinho ss, markovic IF

Definitely play Balotelli. I finished season with 1 loss with liverpool. Lambert is ok backup striker but balotelli and sturridge awesome. Agree with coutinho ss and sterling IF. Sterling PFA player of year and fans player of year at IF so not that bad. Coutinho 13 goals from ss and 26 assists.

Hi everybody,
I'm new to the forum but not to the game and I must say this is a very good tactic indeed,
however I need some tips on how to win against teams that play with three defenders and WBs:
how can I stop them from tearing me apart?

cheers

Hi everybody,
I'm new to the forum but not to the game and I must say this is a very good tactic indeed,
however I need some tips on how to win against teams that play with three defenders and WBs:
how can I stop them from tearing me apart?

cheers
Check the OP mate, it's all in there

Hi,
thanks for the reply.
I've read the OP but it's not enough:
everytime I play against those teams I lose...

Hi,
thanks for the reply.
I've read the OP but it's not enough:
everytime I play against those teams I lose...
If you are removing the manual marking from the right fwd then it could just be your team isn't good enough yet I struggled against Liverpool until I got really good players in

if the DL take all the throw-ins (left and right)
Need to change anything?

+124 Goals difference... But the Champions resists me. This time it was Lyon who knocked us out on penalties in 1/4

View attachment 285412

Here some games. 12-0, 7-0, many shots y 800 passes completed

View attachment 285410View attachment 285408View attachment 285404View attachment 285403View attachment 285402

And with greece impossible. I aim to give the big surprise. I reached the final, but I could with France. Now is time for England. It will be the first time I will have a big team like England. Great opportunity to see how good this great tactic

View attachment 285411

Hello all.

going to use this on my liverpool save. For those who have experience with tactic where would you fit
my attacking players Into the positions?

Sterling, Sturridge, Coutinho, Markovic Into the IF, SS, and two
DLF? what would be the best fit?

Also have balotelli lurking aRound too!

Anyone ne used this with liverpool too?

I've used these for 3 seasons as Liverpool. Won the League and Champion's League every year and won every trophy possible in the last season. Here are my transfers in and out:-

View attachment 285401

In the first season:-

GK - I used Mignolet in every single match execpt for when he was injured because Jones seems hopeless for me. Rulli seems like the best future keeper on the game besides the likes of De Gea and Courtois who would cost insane money and he has became World Class.

DR - At right back I signed Danilo and he has been superb as expected. I sold Johnson and bought Lucas Digne played a few games at right back in the odd games that I didn't play Danilo even though that's not his position. Can actually played a good few games for me here when Danilo was injured and was pretty solid.

DC - For centre backs I used Skrtel and Sakho and signed Balanta. Both the first 2 were great in the first season with Balanta getting a run out in most of my home games but I sold Skrtel before he gets too old in the second season and now Balanta has came into his own. Sakho is world class now so don't replace him. He is better than Varane for me who I have now bought too. Lovren is good backup. I would sell Toure even though admittedly I never gave him a chance.

DL - Moreno is a solid left back and Digne was good as backup there for me too. Loan out Flanagan.

MC - Henderson and Gerrard/Can were my main midfield pairing first season. Henderson as the supporting MC and Gerrard/Can as the defensive MC. Gerrard and Can also got rotated into the Supporting MC role now and again and were great. I played Coutinho there too now and again, usually in home games or easy games though. The Defensive MC seems to get average ratings in these tactics likely due to him not seeing much of the ball or not having to do much defending in a lot of games. Becasue of this reason I gave Emre Can more games there than Gerrard to get his value up and allow him to develop due to Gerrard leaving soon anyway. Lucas played a few games there but he seems to be surplus with Can being there. I also brought in Lucas Romero in January due to Gerrard leaving and me preparing to sell Lucas in the second season.

AMC - Coutinho played here pretty much every game and was brilliant with Markovic as backup who surprisingly does really well there too. It is worth giving Markovic a good few games there to get his value up so you can sell him to bring in bigger players if you want. Lallana was nothing special for me here as his finishing seems to be pretty poor. In the game or at least in these tactics, he seems to be all dribbling and no end product so got sold in my second season.

AML - I used Depay as the AML (Inside Forward) nearly every game and I can't stress enough how much you should sign him and give him as many games as possible to develop. He has became the World's best player and Ballon d'or winner in the last season and scored 40+ premier league goals in that season too. I used Sterling here now and again to keep the squad fresh and he was great. Markovic and Borini got rotated into here now and again too.

STC - I rotated Sterling, Balotelli and Sturridge as the front 2 and they scored 20+ goals each easy. Sterling seems to beat the defence and keeper with his pace and skill to score just like and real life whereas balotelli and sturridge are great finishers. Liverpool has great strikers for this tactic I think in these 3 players. The backup players aren't really needed. Lambert I only played against really poor teams and he hardly got a game. Borini only got a run out now and again too, sometimes at AML. His finishing seems to be really poor for me. Balotelli got a bad injury after January so I ended up loaning Jese as backup who was decent.

In the second season it seemed like the opposition were closing down my strikers a lot better and they scored less goals. They still scored a lot but it seemed harder for the team to create chances for them but even so, due to having so many quality players we seemed to overwhelm other teams regardless.

Hope this helps.

Cheers for that mate ^^^

appreciate it. Does it make any different which steiker
occupies centrally and slightly right?

thinking about sterling if and Coutinho at AMC as the SS but having them swap positions? Any thoughts?

Cheers for that mate ^^^

appreciate it. Does it make any different which steiker
occupies centrally and slightly right?

thinking about sterling if and Coutinho at AMC as the SS but having them swap positions? Any thoughts?

You're welcome mate.

When I started using the tactics as Liverpool they were both central. I'm only just starting to look at the latest Ultimate tactics now and I'm still deciding which team to start a new game as to use them.

I'm thinking though with the striker to the right being closer to the right side he may naturally drift out wide in some cases essentially becoming a right hand inside forward now and again. The left striker may not do this as much being more central as well as the fact that there is already an inside forward on the left. For this reason I THINK it may be best to go with a striker that can cross, pass, dribble, has pace etc on the right and more of a pure striker in the centre. Maybe Sterling/Sturridge on the right and Balotelli in the centre. I think ideally the tactic should have 2 of this type of striker and the ideal striker for both positions would be someone like Suarez for me but they all seem to be up to scratch anyway. But this is just my best guess.

By the way I forgot to mention Origi has got better and better for me and seems like he could develop into a world class talent. He just didn't seem ready yet in the first and second seasons.

I would insist on you getting Depay as inside forward though ;) But if not for some reason then Sterling is the obvious inside forward for me.

Last edited:
I'm going to start a new game as Juventus. Can anyone suggest who to buy/sell? The AMC and AML spots obviously need addressing.

I'm going to start a new game as Juventus. Can anyone suggest who to buy/sell? The AMC and AML spots obviously need addressing.
Juventus seem to love buying Kevin De Bruyne...

I would sign for the AMC role Mario Gotze after the first season is surprisingly cheap (I got him for £30m - which is cheap for a player of his quality) Pirlo could play here too well for a season.

AML... easy, Memphis Depay.

Back