F1 2010: The Game (PS3/XBOX/PC)

yeah, you can.
you know when your on career and your in your trailer? you can go to the race weekend,
where it asks what difficulty, how many laps you wanna race etc, click on the difficulty and you can edit stuff :)

ah brilliant mate, good find!

the hardest part of this game is setting up, on easy it's easy just to pick the default setups but as you venture further into the diffuculties, or make the AI harder, it becomes a lot harder to get the right setup. (especially when you know so little about F1 cars like me)

so i'm finding myself spending more time in practice than i am in the actual race, trying to get a setup that suits my style, i like to break late, which means i prefer my car to oversteer rather than under.

To be fair i dont really understand it myself, i mean it dosnt ruin my enjoyment of the game. It affects everyones game though. Next time you start a race look at the laptime at the end of the first lap. You will see your laptime is say 1:30 but the cars BEHIND you will have laptimes of like 1:24 etc. One example from my game is on the first lap at Signapore every car had a lap time 11 seconds faster than me but i was 17th and only 2 car lengths from 16th place. Anyway as i said it dosnt ruin my enjoyment of the game.

******* ****!
the difference between having the AI on intermediate, and then proffesional is vast, i can't qualify anywhere above last atm.

am getting really ****** off now, am on my third race of my career in Malaysia and its ******* down with rain. i have it on hard level but i managed to qualifie in 8th. start of the race is fine, after turns one and two i am placed 4th but then i get hit from behind every time (very annoying) so i spin out and rejoin the race last, nothig happens. i then try and try to catch the pack up but due to the poor visability because of the rain, i end up hitting the driver infront of me or i have to cut the corner to avoid hitting him but i then get a drive through.

why do i keep getting punished? why doesnt the AI ever get punushed?

am getting really ****** off now, am on my third race of my career in Malaysia and its ******* down with rain. i have it on hard level but i managed to qualifie in 8th. start of the race is fine, after turns one and two i am placed 4th but then i get hit from behind every time (very annoying) so i spin out and rejoin the race last, nothig happens. i then try and try to catch the pack up but due to the poor visability because of the rain, i end up hitting the driver infront of me or i have to cut the corner to avoid hitting him but i then get a drive through.

why do i keep getting punished? why doesnt the AI ever get punushed?

idk man :/

Use flashbacks from instant replay

Good game. but ive started a career and have done 2 races and have had 3 punctures. very annoying.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

Nope make that 5 puntures in 3 races now. WTF

You get punctures when the tyres wear too much or when you run offline alot and pick up debris. You can also get punctures when you go through the gravel. I had a puncture when i went off through the gravel on first lap of practice :(

oh great! looks like i'm taking my game back!
keeps freezing while it loads the paddock/start screen! :/

so.
i've had this game since saturday, and it was working fine this morning.
but now, it keeps freezing when loading the paddock,

do you reckon if i go down to the shop i bought it from tomorrow, they'll swap it me?

Sorry Jones the only way around this until they uopdate the game is delete the save game file and start again. I had exactly the same thing this morning its so annoying.

http://spong.com/nibble/22623/Codemasters-Issues-F1-2010-Corrupted-Saves-Workaround

Simple answer is dont retire to the paddock during the race weekend where you have R&D objectives to complete.

Unfortuneatly for everyone whos brought the game we will have to suffer this year to get a better game next year. Apparently they are already working on the 2011 game.

Just connected my Xbox up via Hdmi for the first time today im amazed how much better everything looks, well impressed.

Last edited:
You get punctures when the tyres wear too much or when you run offline alot and pick up debris. You can also get punctures when you go through the gravel. I had a puncture when i went off through the gravel on first lap of practice :(

Yeah I get I could get a puncture when I go over gravel but I was racing at the chinese GP and went in to pit to get some fresh tyres. When I came out of the pit and on to the first corner I got a puncture. I was on the track didnt hit anything then bam a puncture. Dont understand, I had the fresh tyres on for no more than 30 seconds.

Sorry Jones the only way around this until they uopdate the game is delete the save game file and start again. I had exactly the same thing this morning its so annoying.

http://spong.com/nibble/22623/Codemasters-Issues-F1-2010-Corrupted-Saves-Workaround

Simple answer is dont retire to the paddock during the race weekend where you have R&D objectives to complete.

Unfortuneatly for everyone whos brought the game we will have to suffer this year to get a better game next year. Apparently they are already working on the 2011 game.

Just connected my Xbox up via Hdmi for the first time today im amazed how much better everything looks, well impressed.

so, your saying i should delete my save? ugh. that's a pain in the ****! i'm doing well lmao!

Im sorry i think that is the only way to get the game back to normal again, thats what i had to do to fix mine anyway :(

Its a quality game but i agree it has numerous glitches n bugs , i have just been reading that they are working on a patch which will repair most problems including the AI cars not pitting etc I can't wait to get to drive for Mclaren on career just started second season and changed from Lotus to Torro Rosso (its way better car handling etc ) and way more fun to drive