luka modric for me, he was just so average, stats didnt develop at all either. never scored, hardly set any up, couldnt skin people, not great at tackling. so average, bought for 27m, sold 3 seasons later for 24.5m
Funny how things work out.

I bought him for 33m and now no teams want to fork out what the papers are reporting he's now worth (80m).

Speak English please lads. My worst signing was Ezequiel Lavezzi to Liverpool. He had been smashing them in for Napoli with 7+ average ratings. Spent 27.5 Million on him, he scored 13 goals in 2 seasons, that is including friendlies, cup matches etc. Sold him to Inter for 15 Million.

Really? I signed Lavezzi in my first season at liverpool for around 10mil and he has won the golden boot every season since (2 seasons) scoring 35+ goals a season and average rating of 7.56 the last season! He scores far more goals than Torres for me :)

Last edited:
By the way Aguero is incredible when he partners Hulk up front

Bought a very expensive Miguel Veloso to Liverpool. I gave him three seasons but he never got an average above 7 (and I won the leuage two times) I sold him to aston villa for half the price.

my worst signing happened to be aiden mcgeady to arsenal, i played him twice got sent off first match and injured for 6 months in the second match he played, i didnt bother keeping him for a second season, west brom bought him in the championship for only 4 mil off me

Albin Ekdal from Sampdoria for Stoke, was just about the worst midfielder in the league, couldn't pass, couldn't shoot and missed a penalty against United in the Fa cup, shipped him to Germany for about 8m.

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

Messi. 120m. Got injured first season. Second season scored 5 goals. Got injured all third season. Fourth season 2 goals. 5th season only managed 19app because in and out of injury room. 6th season 7 goals 7th season sold to Barcelona for 22m.

Sounds like you were lucky to only make a 98m pound loss on him to be honest :D :p

I was reading through this very interesting thread and like many of you I've made some flop signings. Worst of all was Mario Gomez at Sevilla. Kanoute was getting old, losing touch so got rid of Negredo and got Gomez. Sold him after the first season. Did horrible.

In my current game I bought Lukaku for Blackburn Rovers (lots of asskissing) did so well there that when I got offered the Liverpool job I wanted to bring him with, he didnt want to come. Decided he liked Blackburn too much. For Blackburn I had Walcott too, 6.5 average but when I got rid of him the fans were asking for my head on a plate! Go figure... Lung Jr is just overrated! I have him now at YorkCity (brought them to Prem from BSP) he does great for 99% of the game, i'm winning by one goal then he lets in a last minute screamer! He's done that now for about 1/3 of all the games. Most of my draws I attribute them to him.

in my chelsea save, start of second season i activated aguero's release clause.
86mil, got 9 goals 4 assist in 30 plus games

Kieran Gibbs 34m start of 3rd season with Man Utd. I had in the back of my head that he turned out really good, and Evra was getting a little old. I mean he is still young (like 22) at the start of 4th season, but I don't think he'll be worth the 34m I splashed on him.

The fact that this was a free transfer from Real Madrid shows how bad he was. Doubt this will have happened to anyone else though

Last edited:
Im seeing a few bad comments about Otamendi, this is the same for me. He's reasonable, but not amazing, luckily he's relatively cheap (I paid 8m but you can get him for like 3m). Lukaku is looking good for me 4th season, he is competing with Berbatov for a place on the bench and when Villa/Rooney is injured/suspended and he plays, he usually scores.

Micheal Owen 3m to Bristol City 2010 age 30 finishing and composure at like 17 Made 18 starts and 6 sub apps With an amazing return of 1GOAL!! ohh and if you take into account it was a deflection... :(

Otamendi and David luiz have been superb for me. The worst, or shall we call it the best failure i had was Kolarov. His stats were pretty good and i nicked him for about 15m.

Got a red card within 20 minutes on his debut, couldnt run down the flank to save his life, crossing was wayward and to top it all off, i forgot to set my free kick takers, he took 8 freekicks in one game, all around the penalty box and didnt do **** (FK 17).

Happily sold him to valencia the the next season for 12mil.

Joe Hart, conceded over half the shots that came his way then started complaining when I used Alder more than him.

Simon Kjaer.

I'm in my 2nd season with Arsenal, I'm going to flop him in the summer and pay up for Zapata. The presence of Kjaer in my game even making me reluctant to continue.