FM-BASE Community Project- Tiki Taka.

• Thread starter Thread starter Liam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 294
  • Views Views 61K
View attachment 381504
My new tactic..I tried to replicate busquets role that goes deep behind the two CD's and I couldn't get the finest result so I just put him as a CD with a stopper role and a very attacking mentality and his role is such as a midfielder with the run from deep often. and with this role he lets the two WB's go up..when you put him as a DM the WB's for some reason just don't go up so much..so when they got covering "CB" they go up a lot more and help the attackers..as you see i replicated the neymar and messi and sanchez positioning on the pitch..what do you think??

Could you upload it? Would like to see what your formation etc is like, I think the best way to implement Busquets is by implementing a Beckenbaeur type role where he is a very very attacking CB like you said. What's going on with your 2 CM's btw? Did you change something during the game

Could you upload it? Would like to see what your formation etc is like, I think the best way to implement Busquets is by implementing a Beckenbaeur type role where he is a very very attacking CB like you said. What's going on with your 2 CM's btw? Did you change something during the game
Nope..just as I saw in the screenshot of baca positions i saw that the two CM's are changing positions..so they are two DLP's that are changfing positions..

I'll upload it..

4-3-3 Tiki Taka By Mrmuto V2.tac
Here you go..Tell me what you think I should change..I think that the busquets role need to be more in the midfield..he doesn't go up too much as i want him..

After trying a few things just then, the easiest way is still to set the DM to VERY defensive I think. With a Libero he is good in possession, but acting way too much as a 3rd CB out of possession giving them the ball in the hole where the DM should be. As a CB even with a full attacking mentality I found him to hold back on joining in the build up plays and moving up the pitch with the team.

At the moment I'm testing a DM with an almost completely defensive mentality, and lots of creativity, the positioning is all good like this, but we'll see how it plays out, it allows the WBs to bomb forward as you said though which is awesome

After trying a few things just then, the easiest way is still to set the DM to VERY defensive I think. With a Libero he is good in possession, but acting way too much as a 3rd CB out of possession giving them the ball in the hole where the DM should be. As a CB even with a full attacking mentality I found him to hold back on joining in the build up plays and moving up the pitch with the team.

At the moment I'm testing a DM with an almost completely defensive mentality, and lots of creativity, the positioning is all good like this, but we'll see how it plays out, it allows the WBs to bomb forward as you said though which is awesome
Ok dude try it and send me the updated SS and Tactic..I didn't get a DM that does what the CB does I'm trying now to do it with a libero role

Try just putting him to DM with support or defend doesnt matter, put his mentality all the way down to 1-2 clicks away from full defensive, put a really high creativity, no running from deep, no running with ball, through balls sometimes. see how that goes

Try just putting him to DM with support or defend doesnt matter, put his mentality all the way down to 1-2 clicks away from full defensive, put a really high creativity, no running from deep, no running with ball, through balls sometimes. see how that goes
OK THX..HOPE it will work as i just want to get this role done..because the tactic works great too and all the positions beside this are good..what do you think about all of the other roles?

i dont agree with iniesta/xavi with swap positions ticked, i'm using your tactic at the moment trying to push neymar forward even more

Ani mathil lehityaesh mi tiki taka be fm13 :(
Are the positions really critical enought to ensure better play and goals? You might be wast
ing your time on a tactical role which wont have effect on your build play that you need to create. ( not saing it does, but brought it to your attention)

ALSO if speaking a out positions, did any one think maybe instead of making an lif to try and drift central, try an opposite approach of making an AMC or striker to drift a litte wider? Making that role
both central and wide. Just had this thought as i cant test it due to. not been near a pc this week.

Last edited:
Ani mathil lehityaesh mi tiki taka be fm13 :(
Are the positions really critical enought to ensure better play and goals? You might be wast
ing your time on a tactical role which wont have effect on your build play that you need to create. ( not saing it does, but brought it to your attention)

ALSO if speaking a out positions, did any one think maybe instead of making an lif to try and drift central, try an opposite approach of making an AMC or striker to drift a litte wider? Making that role
both central and wide. Just had this thought as i cant test it due to. not been near a pc this week.
Niceee israelians huh?
look I think that to get to their positions perfectly can get you maybe some good results in winning and achieving good possession and pressure on the ball..

It's good, but Neymar spends a lot of time in a very central position, which I'm not sure I like. It would be better if he is a winger who drifts into the middle of the pitch, not the other way around. In your tactic he doesn't offer much width for the team tbh

It's good, but Neymar spends a lot of time in a very central position, which I'm not sure I like. It would be better if he is a winger who drifts into the middle of the pitch, not the other way around. In your tactic he doesn't offer much width for the team tbh
But it's impossible to make a winger who drifts to the middle..

But it's impossible to make a winger who drifts to the middle..

Do they not do it if you have on their player instructions as wide play - cut inside? Just wondering i dont know much about making tactics tbh lol

Do they not do it if you have on their player instructions as wide play - cut inside? Just wondering i dont know much about making tactics tbh lol
Believe me I tried..it doesnt works...

This instruction just means that they drift into the middle occasionally when they dribble with the ball, for the most part they will still stick to the touchline and around the edge of the box really. I'm still pretty happy with your tactic Mrmuto, I think the change I made with Busquets really helped, when he is set to REALLY defensive, the WBs really bomb forward at every chance and overload the opponents completely, I'm scoring a lot more goals with both of my tactics after doing this as well now

This instruction just means that they drift into the middle occasionally when they dribble with the ball, for the most part they will still stick to the touchline and around the edge of the box really. I'm still pretty happy with your tactic Mrmuto, I think the change I made with Busquets really helped, when he is set to REALLY defensive, the WBs really bomb forward at every chance and overload the opponents completely, I'm scoring a lot more goals with both of my tactics after doing this as well now
Yea it's working wonders..
We have to find an answer to neymar dude
I really tried anything! but the closer one was the position I put him from the beginning..
maaybe we need to try and change his role..
I tried to put him in the middle and hug touchlines..

It is very much possible to have a winger who drifts to the middle but I think you are overcomplicating it with the cut inside instructions. I am currently working on a 4-3-3 to present in this thread and use Winger with Support function. The wide play instruction is actually just to normal which leads them to go for the goal. Overall team width is set to 14.

Have a look at the screen shot below and see what area my winger covers. All the way from the touchline to left of the centerspot as well as doing the same near the opposition goal.

View attachment 474949

It is very much possible to have a winger who drifts to the middle but I think you are overcomplicating it with the cut inside instructions. I am currently working on a 4-3-3 to present in this thread and use Winger with Support function. The wide play instruction is actually just to normal which leads them to go for the goal. Overall team width is set to 14.

Have a look at the screen shot below and see what area my winger covers. All the way from the touchline to left of the centerspot as well as doing the same near the opposition goal.

View attachment 382354
Can you show the entire team too? it looks like he's not really drifting to the center

Back