FM-BASE Community Project- Tiki Taka.

Basically yeah, or use one of the spare tactic slots.
I was thinking about this when I've been playing recently, as I said Ive seen alot of 0-0s and end up tweaking things while the match is playing.
I'm no genius tactic creator by any means but I've made some good heavy passing tactics just they don't score, it looks lovely with the passing and moving and pass numbers but goals win games so they were basically useless tactics.
I feel something like this would be the control version and then a second version, not moving too far away from the principles of short passing,off the ball movement, pressing ect but maybe with a few attacking players allowed more creative freedom and longer passing or running to get "that goal you need?
It can be frustrating when the opponent just camps around the area and you can't unlock them, perhaps this is easier with barca, I'm Wycombe so not exactly blessed with the xavis and messi's of this world! ;-)

think it would be possible to encorporate this technique into my tactic once its complete, in both setting it to control and then attacking when looking for the wiin?

maybe you could possibly try this out?

heres another tweak ive made that should improve possession along with attacking

i believe this could also be used in attacking when needed

using following shouts maybe

Control -

Ret possession
pass to feet
play through Defence

Attacking

Get ball forward
Pass into space
Play wider
Push Higher Up

Heres the tactic if your willing to try it

View attachment 376968

think it would be possible to encorporate this technique into my tactic once its complete, in both setting it to control and then attacking when looking for the wiin?

heres another tweak ive made that should improve possession along with attacking

Control -

Ret possession
pass to feet
play through Defence

Attacking

Get ball forward
Pass into space
Play wider
Push Higher Up

View attachment 376968
Does it works away from home ??

Control -

Ret possession
pass to feet
play through Defence

Attacking

Get ball forward
Pass into space
Play wider
Push Higher Up

View attachment 376968
I'll try it now..!
BTW the V2 is great.
EDIT: This catic is great!!!! a lot of possession and i had chances created too! didnt used any shouts..played against the 2nd place in my league and smashed them 2-1 they had 3 shots only!!!!!
loved the interceptions to their passes they had a very low pass completion and the numbers of their passes are low too.
I think the switching from slow tempo to high is a very good tweak I'm always putting a high tempo for possession tactics it works better because I think tempo it's not the best word to call it..with a high tempo the players will always try to get fast to the opponent's half and try making chances it's not really the passing that gets faster..it's the pressing and build up play.

Last edited:
How is it that the most popular tactic in modern football is yet to be perfected on FM13?
Interesting question? I thought so too, want my perspective?

A lot of people don't understand the principles of Tiki Taka. They assume it's all gung ho, high pressing and fast passing. Wrong. It's about slow and patient build up play with the ball, and a tactically adept zonal marking technique based on slight pressing and narrowing the opposition's space and angles. Right.

So moving on, I suggest as a community we build a true Tiki Taka tactic. I'm not saying I can do this alone, which is why I am here. I'd probably manage it but it'd probably leak goals or something ****** like that. ;)

So, I want as many suggestions in comments here, then we'll work towards a few beta tactics, and hopefully within a week, we'll have the finished project.

i tried one with spain and it was pretty good. maybe because it was spain, maybe not. but i played a 4-1-2-1-2, except not conventional with two strikers. it was like a 4-5-1, except i made the striker an attacking midfielder and pushed the wingers up more. then i tried slow tempo, and focused passing through the middle. but i changed every tendency of the players, so i think i made the central midfielders run with the ball rarely, play short, sometimes play through balls, etc. and i made the AM come deep to get the ball and arrive late, and the wingers came deep aswell. i dont think i lost and most games i had about 60% possession against good teams like italy

I'll try it now..!
BTW the V2 is great.
EDIT: This catic is great!!!! a lot of possession and i had chances created too! didnt used any shouts..played against the 2nd place in my league and smashed them 2-1 they had 3 shots only!!!!!
loved the interceptions to their passes they had a very low pass completion and the numbers of their passes are low too.
I think the switching from slow tempo to high is a very good tweak I'm always putting a high tempo for possession tactics it works better because I think tempo it's not the best word to call it..with a high tempo the players will always try to get fast to the opponent's half and try making chances it's not really the passing that gets faster..it's the pressing and build up play.

I've changed all that on the v3 mate and made the defensive cm into a dm

Stueyrob

I've brought my laptop to work with me so I'm gonna download v3 and play a few matches later when I get home, I'll give you some feedback.

Have you got some more screens? Results? Best performing player or position?

Cheers

Steve

Stueyrob

I've brought my laptop to work with me so I'm gonna download v3 and play a few matches later when I get home, I'll give you some feedback.

Have you got some more screens? Results? Best performing player or position?

Cheers

Steve

Ill try and post some later mate, I've used it on my Swansea save winning 3 of 3, dominating the game, think I've won 3-0, 2-0, 3-1...something like that, good possession and haven't really given the opposition a chance of scoring really, think the most chances someone had was against rivals Cardiff n they had around 5 chances which were all towards the end of the game

Thanks for testing the tactic mate, follow those shouts and instructions from earlier and you shouldn't go wrong mate.

My current training is

Tactics - high
Match prep - attacking 30%

All individual intensity set to light

Any feedback on improvement would really help mate, ill try n play afew with barca later today if I get the chance

@SMcManus84

With my Swansea Save

1st game tactic nowhere near Fluid, Affelay scored after just 17 seconds

v Blackburn (Cup)

View attachment 377255View attachment 377256View attachment 377257View attachment 377258

v Stoke

View attachment 377263View attachment 377236View attachment 377239View attachment 377237

v Cardiff

View attachment 377264View attachment 377240View attachment 377241View attachment 377242

v Southend (Cup)

View attachment 377265View attachment 377246View attachment 377247View attachment 377248

tactic seems to get better each game so far, using control to start away from home and attacking at home

will test with barcelona for afew games and post results, stats to see the difference when used with a higher rep team

Last edited:
@SMcManus84

With my Swansea Save

1st game tactic nowhere near Fluid, Affelay scored after just 17 seconds

v Blackburn (Cup)

View attachment 377255View attachment 377256View attachment 377257View attachment 377258

v Stoke

View attachment 377263View attachment 377236View attachment 377239View attachment 377237

v Cardiff

View attachment 377264View attachment 377240View attachment 377241View attachment 377242

v Southend (Cup)

View attachment 377265View attachment 377246View attachment 377247View attachment 377248

tactic seems to get better each game so far, using control to start away from home and attacking at home

will test with barcelona for afew games and post results, stats to see the difference when used with a higher rep team
A great tactic..in my last comment I was talking about the V3 tactic..love it!

Good to here mate :)
Do u have any screenshots?
Yea but surely you wouldn't understand nothing it's in hebrew if you want I can upload it anyway..
I took a club in the 2nd league in israel.

I noticed you have a winger on the left and inside forward on the right, does this mean you want to left footed players for these roles or does it not matter?

I noticed you have a winger on the left and inside forward on the right, does this mean you want to left footed players for these roles or does it not matter?

Think it would help better if the inside forward was a left footer yes, but so far I haven't really bothered with that, I've been playing zaha on the left, and he is right footed, he's scored 2 in 2 so far..just manager preference I think mate

Last edited:
Yea but surely you wouldn't understand nothing it's in hebrew if you want I can upload it anyway..

Ohh ryte haha, can you not change it to English before u take the screenshots then change it back?

But suppose if u just do the same screenshots as I have then wont really matter about the language if u can't change it mate, like the passes and average positions etc....

Ohh ryte haha, can you not change it to English before u take the screenshots then change it back?

But suppose if u just do the same screenshots as I have then wont really matter about the language if u can't change it mate, like the passes and average positions etc....
OK I'll upload it after work ;)

תעלה בכל זאת בבקשה
אני אבין

Last edited: