FM-BASE Community Project- Tiki Taka.

• Thread starter Thread starter Liam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 294
  • Views Views 61K
If 2 teams try to play posession football and one team in having a better day in doing so, they will keep more of it.
TBH I have to ask you..why aren't you trying to do a really good possession tactic? you are a great tactical mind..

Whenever i watch Barcelona play, i notice they line up in this attacking shape. I dont know if it would be possible to get this shape from a 4-3-3.
View attachment 378956
I think one of the mose hard things is to get understand the shape of barcelona..with such a movement of the players you can get it

TBH I have to ask you..why aren't you trying to do a really good possession tactic? you are a great tactical mind..

Basically because almost everyone wanting a posession tactic wants I as a plug & play and to be able to have high posession against all kinds of formations and approaches,something that just don't work. I have been playing with a posession approach for many seasons( ingame) in FM but here, its all about adjusting accordingly, using shouts, specific marking etc, and this is not something that can be uploaded, especially not since one has to include a really good man management.

I do have one plug & play that is posession based though, and its the " Gyroscope". It's not " sold in" as a posession tactic as it won't be under certain circumstances but in 9 out of 10 matches, we dominate posession bigtime.

Basically because almost everyone wanting a posession tactic wants I as a plug & play and to be able to have high posession against all kinds of formations and approaches,something that just don't work. I have been playing with a posession approach for many seasons( ingame) in FM but here, its all about adjusting accordingly, using shouts, specific marking etc, and this is not something that can be uploaded, especially not since one has to include a really good man management.

I do have one plug & play that is posession based though, and its the " Gyroscope". It's not " sold in" as a posession tactic as it won't be under certain circumstances but in 9 out of 10 matches, we dominate posession bigtime.
OK THX for the answer :)

If 2 teams try to play posession football and one team in having a better day in doing so, they will keep more of it.
If that's the case, the possession will be a lot more even. I think it's nearly impossible to lose a possession battle if you're managing Barcelona though.

Last edited:
They do that a lot, the 4-0 win over AC Milan being a good example. They have a lot of different final third shapes.
I think that's the one that is the closest..I got a possession tactic..but my problem is that i dont know how to use the sliders..i put all on rarely...cause if i touch it i lose possession

I think that's the one that is the closest..I got a possession tactic..but my problem is that i dont know how to use the sliders..i put all on rarely...cause if i touch it i lose possession
Give my tactic a go & give it time to be fluid in all its areas.
I posted it on page 9. I've tried this tactic with Bilbao as well & I'm yet to lose a possession battle with it. The only thing I don't like about it is I've done individual players instructions, apart from the defence settings; I always use the "Push Higher Up" shout. Because of the individual instructions for each player, I tweak the sliders for a certain player during a game. For example, if we need to be more vertical in our passes during a certain phase of play, I'd up the mentality for perhaps 1 or 2 players; usually the RCM & LCM. I'd un-tick the "Hold Up Ball" instruction as well so they don't hold it up, especially against opponents who hold a high-line & press a lot. Sometimes I'll up the "Run From Deep" instruction for a player. I usually tweak things slightly after we've established control in a game. For home games, we definitely average 70%+. In away games, opponents will always have there moments but I'd still say our average away possession is around 67%.

I would LOVE to read more about this subject from an experienced player.

If that's the case, the possession will be a lot more even. I think it's nearly impossible to lose a possession battle if you're managing Barcelona though.

If the players don't feel like closing Down, you won't win the ball back.
My point I made earlier was not about that game in specific, but in general. Unless you tinker with the tactic for every game, making sure you follow the game closely and adjust your tactic accordingly, you will see games where you loose the possession battle, even with a tactic that will hold 70+ against most teams and even with Barca.

I posted it on page 9. I've tried this tactic with Bilbao as well & I'm yet to lose a possession battle with it. The only thing I don't like about it is I've done individual players instructions, apart from the defence settings; I always use the "Push Higher Up" shout. Because of the individual instructions for each player, I tweak the sliders for a certain player during a game. For example, if we need to be more vertical in our passes during a certain phase of play, I'd up the mentality for perhaps 1 or 2 players; usually the RCM & LCM. I'd un-tick the "Hold Up Ball" instruction as well so they don't hold it up, especially against opponents who hold a high-line & press a lot. Sometimes I'll up the "Run From Deep" instruction for a player. I usually tweak things slightly after we've established control in a game. For home games, we definitely average 70%+. In away games, opponents will always have there moments but I'd still say our average away possession is around 67%.
your'e tactic is great!

Very good tactic possession wise. decided to try it and see wot the possession is like, 2 games into preseason and stats for possession are as you say :)

Very good tactic possession wise. decided to try it and see wot the possession is like, 2 games into preseason and stats for possession are as you say :)

I have played on till start of the season and i must say you should probably make a thread about your tactic JimmyG. Its very nice to watch and probably the best possession tactic i have played in a while :)

Someone has an update??
some tactical update or something?

Back