• Views Views 36K

Do you like the new design?

• Yes

Votes: 74 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 199 72.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After a couple of hours browsing, i will give an updated opinion on the new layout, the positives...
- It is really modern, looks fancy
- Less Cluttered
- Loads a lot faster
- I find it easier without signatures to read the posts
- A lot simpler and easier to use
- The information on users at the bottom is pretty sweet
- The box that tells you if you have commented on that thread before is good
- The pop up box at your username is cool

Negatives...
- I preferred having the big avatars, its a bit pointless having an avatar that is so small you can't really see it.
- When im reading a thread, I miss the box on the right that shows recent threads, though i could probably get used to life without it.
- I noticed that there wasn't a like button anymore, but i think someone said that there was going to be.
- The big negative for me, and a lot of other people as well, is that the black background is a bit sore on the eyes , when you are reading, typing and scrolling, maybe a blue would be a bit better... Blue may be a bit better, as it would blend in with the colours at the top of the page

Edit -- All in all, well done to Sean and Co. for in my opinion a faster, better site.. obviously they will work more on it in the coming weeks, and i look forward to my like button

Last edited:
On "Your Profile" when you are viewing the infraction page then underneath it says "(however many points you have)Points Total" You can't see it really, it blends into the background...

To be fair, Sean has put alot of hours into this, and i think it's well done. Although somethings i'm not to happy with.

1. The Avatar's are way to small
2. I miss the sigs, and see what duumb **** people have in there sigs
3. It's way to dark

Like i said, great job Sean. I bet we'll all get used to it someday.

When I go to delete my blog post this comes up

*JK*, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Lee can we get an option of the blue colour thats every where else as a background?

I thought that's what the usernames were for?;)

I think personalize would be a better word thinking about it. I feel its more personal when I can see other people avatars and sigs

I think personalize would be a better word thinking about it. I feel its more personal when I can see other people avatars and sigs

I agree with you, it makes it easier to know what kind of person you are talking to... with my avatar, you can tell i support newcastle, but if i was to comment on a thread about scottish football, you would wonder why, because it no longer says i support rangers, newcastle and scotland on the side.

Absolutely hate it. Where can I go to view my thread and post?Cant see the signature and info (ex,favorite team) of other users. Look really plain. The green one is way better.

I hate it !!

Might just take some getting used too

Sorry but I don't like it. I preferred the old posting system and I can't find the like button. I also think that it is too dark.

Absolutely hate it. Where can I go to view my thread and post?Cant see the signature and info (ex,favorite team) of other users. Look really plain. The green one is way better.

Click on 'My profile'.

Then 'Find all started threads'.

Sorry but I don't like it. I preferred the old posting system and I can't find the like button. I also think that it is too dark.

I dont think the like system will be gone for long, few have said they want it back..

The Like Button has gone away but will be implemented as soon as it is available for us.

Any posts that just say 'like' will be infracted.

not to keen on it.i think it's to dark.the black don't suit it if you change that to another colour like blu or green it might look better

Well done, clearly a lot of effort has gone into to this - especially when you consider how relatively small amount of time the site was down for.

Generally i like it but a couple of things i would like to see:

• The like button - its been mentioned before, hope it comes back
  • Supports - the supports bit helps when having a conversation/debate with people, you can see what they support without having to ask them every time you speak with them.
  • Your Threads: Next to where it says 'welcome, Triv' 'Notifications' etc there used to be an option to view threads started by yourself. It has taken me a little while to find where my threads are in the new layout and, while i'm sure it wont take as long to find next time, i really found that shortcut useful.

Like Button: This will be coming back, the plugin doesn't currently support this software version, as soon as a new one is released I will add it again.

Supports: Eventually this will be getting added into the little user info popup, along with a users post count and other info.

Your Threads: I will add links to view your posts/threads. For now it's possible to go to your profile and the links are on there.

Also not sure if it's been mentioned but before it was easy to see if a thread had been viewed by you or not. If it hadn't then it would be clearly bold and easy to recognise compared to threads you had already looked at. Now they are too similar imo. But still great job Sean, sure we'll all get used to it eventually

I have a lot of work to do on making it clear when a forum or thread contains new posts.

On a plus point, the blogs look really impressive. However I can't understand why you'd want to change the skin because it was great the way it was.

We upgraded from vBulletin version 3 to vBulletin version 4. They way skins worked is completely different so it had to be started from scratch, it wasn't possible to keep the old one I'm afraid.

Why don't you just make an option in your profile to turn off avatars and signatures.

That option exists. If a user disables them from there then they wont see avatars or sigs anywhere.

Btw, is it just mine or is anyone elses the same, whenever I click on someones name all that happens is a white box appears around their name with a hint of writing just out of the box?

Can you take a screenshot please and post it in the bugs thread. Thanks.

I like the old design because it uncluttered, this design is simply confusing and annoying. I'm very sorry to say so, but I would prefer something more simple. Do like Apple, they keep their designs simple, but beautiful and manageable.

Honestly i hate it. But i can see you made it less complicated then the other layout, and ill congratilate you for that. still i prefer the old one :)

Back