• Views Views 36K

Do you like the new design?

• Yes

Votes: 74 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 199 72.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the more i look at it the less i like it as it seems to have sucked some of the charecter out of the site, it makes everything seem less personnnel and more mechanical. i think it would look good for the actual game but not on a forum.

Why fix something which isn't broken??, the old layout was a million times better

I have to say that I am mightliy impressed, great work Sean. It feels a lot more professional in both design style and colour. I haven't had the opportunity to look around properly yet, but some of the new features seem to work well, and I look forward to utilising the blog system in the near future. The loading speed has been greatly increased and everything seems to be running more smoothly. I really like the square box-like style too, and the space at both sides. The absence of signature images helps to keep the whole thing neater, but I would like to be able to display some information in a sig. Maybe just a line of text / page links that enable each user to advertise their own threads, blogs or whatever could work? It might help to appease some of the concerned and unhappy members, while still maintaining the neat and tidy style that the design upholds?

That said, I do miss the shortcut to my own threads & posts (unless it is there and I just haven't found it yet?) and I found it useful having the 'supports' information, as it helped to know if a post was biased or neutral when discussing certain subjects. I also look forward to seeing the 'like' system reintroduced when the software becomes available - already answered, thanks

Last edited:
Why fix something which isn't broken??, the old layout was a million times better

If you had been reading what Sean has been saying in the thread it isn't possible to keep it because he upgraded the forum from vBulletin version 3 to vBulletin version 4. The way skins worked is completely different so it had to be started from scratch again.

I am liking it a different colour background and the recent threads and it will be better!

Personally I preferred the other one but in all honesty I think thats just because I'm used to it and this will take time to get used to, My only real problem with it is that it's really dark and think it could be done with being made a bit brighter ?

Don't see what the problem with avatars and sigs is ? they don't make a difference really just take up more space I'd be fine with them being scrapped. And personally if this new forum is quicker loading pages and so on them I'm all for it, I'd rather have something that loads quickly than anything else tbh. So my only real problem is how dark it actually is..

Are premium members no longer allowed to customize their profiles?

Apologies if I'm over-stepping the line here, but drew up a mock of a few changes I would make, leaving a post how it is in the current style for comparison.

Lightened the background slightly to #292929 (although the final .png has lightened it somewhat) to decrease contrast and make things easier on the eyes, increased avatar size to 45px to be in-line with namebar, nudging over content to accommodate this. Added a small, self-explanatory signature line to further make things feel personal without clogging up the screen too much.

Last edited:
Its not there at the minute, but i think Sean said earlier that he might bring it back... If you want to go on it, it's in your profile :)

Yeah thanks, I noticed that Sean had answered this after I had posted.

A minor suggestion on a very minor issue: Maybe distinguish between stickied threads and non-stickied with some kind of line or box? I know the icon is different for each, but something to seperate them more clearly would help

Also, maybe better colour blending for the post and the rest of the page, maybe a dark grey with white of very light grey text? Would give a consistency throughout threads.

I don't like it :/ previous was better...maybe put different color on the sides...if u understand me :D

Apologies if I'm over-stepping the line here, but drew up a mock of a few changes I would make, leaving a post how it is in the current style for comparison.

Lightened the background slightly to #292929 (although the final .png has lightened it somewhat) to decrease contrast and make things easier on the eyes, increased avatar size to 45px to be in-line with namebar, nudging over content to accommodate this. Added a small, self-explanatory signature line to further make things feel personal without clogging up the screen too much.

Still don't like the colour.

I like the idea of it, but it's been executed quite poorly in honesty. It's too dark for my liking, and quite hard to read, though I think if it were brighter colours, it might work better :)

im not a fan of how dark the name bar is, needs to be separated from the background more imo

i really like the black much better than the old white one

I think it would be better if you tried to go to the old layout as much as possible but with a bit of modernisations. The old one was easier tor read, easier on the eye, the posting system was better and it was easier to naviagte.

TBFH the design is growing on me. But what would maeke it better, if the box was wider and the recent topics section was shown on the side again. And the BG was lighter. :)

I hated this set up at first, but been using it for an hour or so now, and it is starting to grow on me, but i still prefer the old system.

I dont like a few things sean

-The colour, think its too dark tbh. But obviously there are some people who prefer that

-Post box is a bit too small, i preferred being able to see who people supported, the avatar etc.

- I Miss being able to see the threads down the side when you are on a thread, felt it was a much easier navigating system.

But i do like the blog system, 20 x better than stories.

Back