• Views Views 36K

Do you like the new design?

• Yes

Votes: 74 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 199 72.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's a black version of word reference.com, for anyone who does languages you'll know what I mean

Also, maybe better colour blending for the post and the rest of the page, maybe a dark grey with white of very light grey text? Would give a consistency throughout threads.

The problem is, everyone is jumping to conclusions rather than giving themselves time to adjust to the site, especially since the site layout barely changed for 2/3 years until now.

StuW, the thing is that because it's so dark its quite hard and jarring to properly see IMHO.

Also, maybe better colour blending for the post and the rest of the page, maybe a dark grey with white of very light grey text? Would give a consistency throughout threads.

The problem is, everyone is jumping to conclusions rather than giving themselves time to adjust to the site, especially since the site layout barely changed for 2/3 years until now.

so true, ive already seen post of people coming around after getting used to it. still too narrow though, space is wasted that could be used for other things, but i love the increased speed and its sleeker. really good work Sean

StuW, the thing is that because it's so dark its quite hard and jarring to properly see IMHO.

Not really. As long as there is contrast between elements of posts/pages etc. it will be OK.

I like the colours, but if anyone can actually suggest a colour scheme rather than just saying 'I don't like it', I am sure Sean would find it much more helpful.

i like the new updated look of the site and like the colour more than the old one :)

What happened to the list of new posts that use to be on the right? we could see it before on the right even if we're in some thread, but now the only way to see it is to go back to the list of all the forums and then we can see it...

Also, maybe a bit bigger letters/icons for new posts? I'm having trouble recognising which topics have posts that I didn't read.

Not really. As long as there is contrast between elements of posts/pages etc. it will be OK.

I like the colours, but if anyone can actually suggest a colour scheme rather than just saying 'I don't like it', I am sure Sean would find it much more helpful.

Maybe light grey, blue or green. Also I prefer the old quote box. Maybe if Sean wants to change the colour he should make a thread with a pool and diff options.

New quote box is far better imo, the big green box ruined formatting and made it harder to read long quotes.

New quote box is far better imo, the big green box ruined formatting and made it harder to read long quotes.

Yeah possibly although maybe a diff colour would help, on that stands out more.

i really don't like it to be honest and also

how do you like what people say
you can't see peoples avatar
and where is our signatures??

Do people read before slating something?

Sean has upgraded the site onto a totally new version of vbulletin forum software, this change has enabled us to implement a lot of new features for you guys, blogs being a major new feature. The cost is that the old design and layout is no longer compatible, and Sean had to redesign the site from scratch. Please try to comprehend that before you say how much you hate the site. And if you have to slate Sean for the work he has done, at least try and put forward some ideas/suggestions to improve the site.

Sean has already stated his clear willingness and intention to work with members to iron out any teething problems and also to improve the site going forward.

As i said before, everyone hated it when we changed from the old orange design and layout to the green/blue one. If the previous one was so bad, why are lots of you demanding for it to be returned? People don't like change, whether good or bad, most people have a knee-jerk negative reaction towards change.

I'm sure the site will grow on the majority of you, especially if/when any improvements/upgrades go live.

Last edited:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by fm1063
i really don't like it to be honest and also

how do you like what people say
you can't see peoples avatar
and where is our signatures??
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Jack Fulham
The Like Button has gone away but will be implemented as soon as it is available for us.

Any posts that just say 'like' will be infracted.

sorry didn't bother readng through all the pages

I really like it.

The little profile you get when you click a users name is cool.

Last edited:
Hmm, to start with I was very confused, and didn't like it at all, which led to me rushing in to voting No on the poll. However, after a few hours, I'm beginning to get used to it.

Unlike many though, I don't like having the Recent Threads bit there, unless there is a way of going straight to the latest posts in it without having to scroll down to latest posts?

Love the new blog system, only thing is I want to start a blog but can't think of anything to do it on! :P

Great work Sean!

Back