Do you like the new design?

• Yes

Votes: 74 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 199 72.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes, i think the bg colour should be lighter, possibly a light blue or green

I have noticed that i get the donar star in the thread information bit which is odd, because my premium sub is expired for now. (it doesnt show it in the thread anyway)

another thing i hope i'm not being too harsh here but i think it could be wider becuase as i look there is a lot of just free space at the sides of ym screen

Do people read before slating something?

Sean has upgraded the site onto a totally new version of vbulletin forum software, this change has enabled us to implement a lot of new features for you guys, blogs being a major new feature. The cost is that the old design and layout is no longer compatible, and Sean had to redesign the site from scratch. Please try to comprehend that before you say how much you hate the site. And if you have to slate Sean for the work he has done, at least try and put forward some ideas/suggestions to improve the site.

Sean has already stated his clear willingness and intention to work with members to iron out any teething problems and also to improve the site going forward.

As i said before, everyone hated it when we changed from the old orange design and layout to the green one. If the green one was so bad, why are lots of you demanding for it to be returned? People don't like change, whether good or bad, most people have a knee-jerk negative reaction towards change.

I'm sure the site will grow on the majority of you, especially if/when any improvements/upgrades go live.

Well said.

Personally, I see only the colours that need tweaking, so you get a better view of the posts etc. Also the sigs and avatars return. The new version is a lot better, much faster, and the blog system will become popular once people get to grips with it.

:wub: Well done Sean

Would it be possible to get things like recent threads buddy list and what not back on the side of the screen even when viewing threads like before?

The only thing i hate is the Avatar size.

Still getting use to it i suppose.

Well, it is growing on me slightly. I think I still prefer the old design and always will, but that's just personal opinion.

Got to say I like the new notifications button, now it is much easier to notice.

To be honest it seems a bit rushed & there is alot of empty space maybe filling that space would make it look better?

At the moment I'm not too keen on it, unfortunately. The last one was much better in my opinion.
Although I do like the additions of the new features. :)
Hopefully I'll get used to it soon. :)

Given it time, still can't get used to it. Why change a good thing? Previous layout was a lot better.

I love the modernity it is great but I feel the background could be grey and have a white box bordering posts/forums etc... the size of the header so things are easier to read and the header isn't floating. Apart from that it looks a good improvement and the UI looks nice compared to the old one, nice work.
I also think there is too many hooks at the side as it streches the page down so there is a grey part after the forums/stats box stops.

Last edited by a moderator:
Given it time, still can't get used to it. Why change a good thing? Previous layout was a lot better.

Do people read before slating something?

Sean has upgraded the site onto a totally new version of vbulletin forum software, this change has enabled us to implement a lot of new features for you guys, blogs being a major new feature. The cost is that the old design and layout is no longer compatible, and Sean had to redesign the site from scratch. Please try to comprehend that before you say how much you hate the site. And if you have to slate Sean for the work he has done, at least try and put forward some ideas/suggestions to improve the site.

Sean has already stated his clear willingness and intention to work with members to iron out any teething problems and also to improve the site going forward.

As i said before, everyone hated it when we changed from the old orange design and layout to the green one. If the green one was so bad, why are lots of you demanding for it to be returned? People don't like change, whether good or bad, most people have a knee-jerk negative reaction towards change.

I'm sure the site will grow on the majority of you, especially if/when any improvements/upgrades go live.

To be honest it seems a bit rushed & there is alot of empty space maybe filling that space would make it look better?

another thing i hope i'm not being too harsh here but i think it could be wider becuase as i look there is a lot of just free space at the sides of ym screen

what i said before

I personally don't like this new layout, the old one was more contained if you know what I mean. On this one it looks like different boxes everywhere.

Maybe instead of having a black box around the name make it a different colour so it doesn't blend into the background making each post look seperate.

I like being able to edit the tags of this thread, despite not creating it.

I like the layout.

But the only thing that is bothering me is that the contrast between the Dark grey and white is so extreme it's hurting my eyes and giving me a headache. I have to literally navigate away from the website to recover.

If it's physically causing me pain to look at - then I don't like it. I will say again though, I do like the layout and style. Although it's a shame about the colours.

In all honesty I prefer the last layout. Imo it was much easier on my eyes and so much easier to navigate!
I do like the modern feel and the improved speed/

But tbh, all that needs tweaking imo is the colour scheme, maybe reverting back to the blue/green that was used in the previous layout!

Good work though Sean!

Think the new site is very slick . Would like the old , Latest tactics bit back on the side and not just the latest threads bit , Just my opinion tho !

in the calender its in 2008 so i checked my birthday to see who shared my birthday on here and was suprised to see my name there even though i wasn't a member or even heard of fmbase in 2008 lol. Thought that was quite cool

Back