• Views Views 36K

Do you like the new design?

• Yes

Votes: 74 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 199 72.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
People would get used to it but i think it looks too much like many other forums and i liked the fact this one was different. What happened to peoples signatures??

Well I like the site this way and love everything about it except two things. I liked Avatars as they added colour and personalisation to people.
I would also love the old recent threads system as although its "not using a forum properly" I liked being able to use it while only flicking from here to FM and Vice Versa.
I saw previews a few months ago and liked it then and I still like it now. :wub: Sean

not a fan of the black emptiness in the background, makes me lonely =(

To be fair I am now adjusting although I still feel background should be lighter and there should be recent threads list even when you're on a thread, and the envelope thing when looking at your posts to see if there has been a reply. And font colours need to be changed at some places.

I think the background should be white or blue, otherwise I really like it.

I like being able to edit the tags of this thread, despite not creating it.

You could do that on the old version Billy.

Overall I think I like the change, obviously there are going to be some bugs/mistakes. Sean did create this from scratch and we have to thank him for that. The site is so successful now because of him and think he knows what is best. For those who were members when we changed the skin on the old version you will remember everyone's reaction to that. People don't like change. Give it time to get use to it and any problems to be fixed and I am sure you will all love it.

Cheers Sean.

I'll be honest i preffer the other one and i can't use this new fm base it's horrid :S

I'll be honest i preffer the other one and i can't use this new fm base it's horrid :S

Agreed, it was much better,all this contrast is sick,also looks a lot more like most other sites.

I like the design, but I just feel that some of the colour schemes need to be adjusted. I.e. All of the pages option, it just doesn't look right.

Like this
View attachment 161200

EDIT: Also maybe make the background not pure white, but something a bit softer.

god constructive feedback there from you two toonf and mek....

suggest you read Jake's post

Last edited:
Hmm... I don't it like it as much as the other one- Maybe thats just me not liking change, and hopefully over time I'll just get used to it.

I cannot stand the new design. It jars. The black background looks completely out of sync with the forums and posts etc, i can hardly differentiate between posters etc. Been browsing for an hour and it's really offputting. Such an impersonal and cold design! To the point where i feel like it'd do my head in to browse any further.

Just my opinion.

The most hideous Website/Forum skin design I have seen. Too dark, very VERY unattractive, looks cheap, looks poorly made, avatar size is awful, no signatures, looks like a basic template you get for free and is very un-unique and too similar to other forums you can get for free. The old one was by far the better and this is just, disgusting.

At least give us the choice of the two.

Yes, sums my feeling toward it up too. It's a really ugly layout to have to look at.

EDIT: Ok, now i have digested it, the problem is that everything is sooooo much harder to read, to find, to look at. It's just more difficult to see. Not easy or flowing on the eye, and generally uninviting. Sorry if that's not constructive enough. If someone made this from scratch well great, but it doesn't change that it's a strange design to have gone for. The last one was pretty much perfect- meaning, it was easy to look at and READ.

Last edited:
Dx5cO.png

I think the posts should look something like that ^

Dx5cO.png

I think the posts should look something like that ^

I quite like that. And you used my post. ;)
Also I have said before but I dont think it had been noted, on the old site, on the side on threads there was recent threads and what not, can we get this back? And you changed my Name tag. :@

Will the avatars stay as the size they currently are?

Just a quick question regarding the blog system..

Is there a way to find out who is subscribed to your blog?

Prefer the old one, much easier on the eye thsn this, it's too dark, I hope it grows on me.

Credit to sean for e amount of work he's put into it though

Signatures for Premium Members+? ;)

Back