• Views Views 36K

Do you like the new design?

• Yes

Votes: 74 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 199 72.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
prefered the old one more easy on the eye.

but i'm sure this one will be fine as i get use to it

Having just who posted the last post in the recent threads is a lot better and looks a lot cleaner than before. I'm glad that you guys listen to us for feedback. :)

I know live search slows down forum, but is there any way to get it back ? And, I agree with Raphael, recent thread looked better on previous layout, so, I hope you'll change "recent thread look" back.
@Redders, thanks man for help :) But still, I liked better old "view your post and threads". What about attachments and YT links ?
Ps. I love how page loads faster :) Tho I still dont like this coulor :( Ah well.
Edit: Found it :)

Dx5cO.png

I think the posts should look something like that ^

I like it Lee. The only thing that I would add is a single line sig, something like this:

View attachment 161204

Either of these would be very nice.

Signatures for Premium Members+? ;)

Yes :D

Any chance of bringing back the feature whereby you could hover over any title in the recent threads list for a more detailed description? I found that very useful

Don't understand why you would remove something so little that everyone had then making people have to pay to use it.

Because we pay to keep the site running so it would be fair if we got some extras.

I don't see why having signatures or not makes a difference, Tbh it just takes it more space. I'd see the sense in having Sigs as the picture above, One line sigs but no pictures ? People would have a sig to advertise storys or as some people do quote others.. You can do it all without having a picture, Thats what things like facebook are for pictures.

Also people should really read through all the posts if they're going to suggest something. Understand there is 12 pages but the same things are being posted over and over, Could I suggest maybe if one of the mods have time that you put all the main problems - Questions on like a sticky hopefully then it would stop the same questions being asked over and over. Could be like a Q&A page for the new design. and have it closed of course so it doesn't get spammed.

Recent threads list

I used the post fuelledbypassion,actually it was Lee's but I like fulledbypassion with the one line sig. Maybe that could a extra for donators,made and I added recent threads as a mock up as what it should look like when viewing a thread as by making posts take up the whole width of the screen space is wasted.

View attachment 161206

Well you already have some, I reckon.

To be fair mate not many for £9. Really it's no adds which apparently does not work on the new layout, blue star and name and a private forum. Im sure a one line sig would be good.

Because we pay to keep the site running so it would be fair if we got some extras.

And yes he does have a point there. Premiums help keep the forum running for everyone else so they should get extra. Only thing they get extra really is blue name and ability to close and delete their own threads. If it was prem's only and people cared so much about it then maybe it would help with donations to the forum.

After spending a while browsing around the contrast in colours does start to get to your eyes. maybe changing the background to a dark blue or just somehting which doesn't contrast so much.

Overall I feel positively about the layout, a few minor issues which need to be ironed out though.

I must say the new layout has grown on me but the are my 4 main points.

1) Recent threads in threads.
2) Some font colours need to change.
3) Lighter background.
4) View your threads/posts on top bar with envelope to show if there has been a reply or something similar.
5) One line sig from premium members.

Then I think that the new layout will be excellent.

It's just a bug at the moment and apparently there's one advertisement showing up in the banner. Sean will fix it, don't worry.

I think instead of everything floating something like this could work:
4uw38m.jpg

The lighter grey will go down with posts so they don't look like they are floating ;).

Back