Do you like the new design?

• Yes

Votes: 74 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 199 72.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
a) how long did that take you, really?
b) so now you're claiming my opinion is wrong? :)

Infact don't answer, you're giving me a headache.

Last edited:
Surely all of this is off-topic? Can we get back to the point at hand?

Really growing on me, this, well done Sean. I particularly like the new bar below the notifications and so on menu, very useful. If you change anything, don't change that.

I like your design Dec, It makes it look a lot brighter. Sean said he was going to look into it, he's just being doing some mock ups of what it would look like a slightly lighter grey! :)

About 10 minutes but 10 minutes is still my time which I could be doing something else but spent trying to help this site.
No your opinion is your opinion but you presented yourself with the "I'm right" attitude and blame how 90% of this thread did a similar comment but you moaned about it earlier so why do it yourself? Makes no sense and if you are against it set the example you should be doing not be a hypocrite and then do it yourself as it didn't benefit me or this site. End of the day people like the skin, people don't but I offered something to at least balance it out and give Sean an idea to try out if people comment on it and say what could be changed from it or if it is perfect etc... not just say "That is hidious" as what does that achieve? Nothing.

As for telling me to man up how does that help? It doesn't and it is just a **** attitude by someone who is supposed to be in control of this site and setting an example. It wasn't needed at all, you could have just said "Sorry I don't like it, I think the skin is perfect as it is" instead of going "It is bad, man up accept feedback".

Displaying you have a great attitude once again Redders, well done to you Sir. You are the pinacle of what a moderator should be.

Becky - Thanks. If he needs any help tell him I am here :), I think it is a nice base just needs to look less float like or if it is then strech the header. My Email/MSN is [email protected] if he needs me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another thing,

Voters "271. You have already voted on this poll"
In speech marks is text that is in white on a white background.
For consistency i would suggest changing this to the colour of the background. :)

Oh dear, I think you're reading far too much into it Dec.

I don't think so Lee, I think what I have said is quite fair as his comment wasn't exactly helpful. Got to wonder why he is moderating this place by these comments.

I don't think so Lee, I think what I have said is quite fair as his comment wasn't exactly helpful. Got to wonder why he is moderating this place by these comments.

you are reading way too much into it, and hes very good. Suggest you dont take it so seriously

Dec, tbh I can't see any difference? :/

Redders, how old are you? You're acting like a spoilt brat with the IQ of a 3 year old. Your opinion is of course YOUR opinion. Not as if it is the right opinion (which it isn't). You're supposed to be setting an example on this site as you are a mod. But the example you are showing is disgusting for a mod. Man up, grow some pubes and sort your attitude out. 'Nuff said.

Now, let's stop going off topic and discuss the layout, constructively with ways to improve it. :)

Liking the changes which have been made so far since launch, less jarring now and more cohesive with the central block of lighter grey.

Okay, one last suggestion. :)

Where you have the member's info, notifications etc. The black background of the box clashes with the black background of the FM base banner. You could move each of them down? E.g move the Search bar down to the darker grey and the advanced search to the lighter grey. Then add the members info into the blue banner, merging it in.

and can we get back to feedback too?

the "previous thread/next thread buttons" are a little too dark, espeically on the main page when look for mark forums read

Redders, how old are you? You're acting like a spoilt brat with the IQ of a 3 year old. Your opinion is of course YOUR opinion. Not as if it is the right opinion (which it isn't). You're supposed to be setting an example on this site as you are a mod. But the example you are showing is disgusting for a mod. Man up, grow some pubes and sort your attitude out. 'Nuff said.

Now, let's stop going off topic and discuss the layout, constructively with ways to improve it. :)

and what was the point of your comment, could say the very same to you, especially as you commented in exactly the same way on the first page

Mike - How can what he said not be taken seriously. Do you think it was constructive or needed? No. Should a staff member set an example? Yes. Did he by doing that after complaining about it? No. Does this mean he is "very good"? Not at all.Searley - There is a lighter grey box and glow around the main bit.

I could also say the header could be pinned to the top and streched to the width of the page so the floating could stay. I think the header is a bit of the problem as it is just a straight cut making it appear to be a box but the floating of the main board concurs with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I see. Didn't notice that *fp* TBH it makes it stand out more and seperates it from the background (makes it the centre of attention)

Mike - How can what he said not be taken seriously. Do you think it was constructive or needed? No. Should a staff member set an example? Yes. Did he by doing that after complaining about it? No. Does this mean he is "very good"? Not at all.
Searley - There is a lighter grey box and glow around the main bit.http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/member.php?159761-xSEARL3Yx

man alive, leave it alone. you've got wound up on one response.

get back to the topic or get off, that goes for EVERYONE

Sorry for the terse reply but everyone is making a mountain of a molehill and we're losing sight of the point

Sigh.

Please will one of you three ritards point out where I said my opinion was the right one? And how hypocritical of you to have a dig at me for apparently claiming my opinion is correct before stating categorically that it isn't.

As for not seeing a difference...you're a tool.

I gave my opinion. I gave a suggestion to improve it. Get over it, Jesus wept.

and as for the "setting an example" testicles: I'm a mod on a forum, not your mother or an idol. Please follow the examples of all the other mods if you want to do that because I hate you all.

On topic (please stay on it as well, feel free to spout your nonsense on my visitor wall):

I wish the new site maintanance had culled the membership numbers down to <20.

In my opinion it's rough on the eyes and hard to use, there is too much contrast and too much wasted space. I have a widescreen monitor, the forum appears to use less than half of my screen area (40-45% of my screen width roughly). I don't know how much space the old layout used, perhaps it's similar but the new layout feels extremely cramped and squished into the middle while most of my screen width is completely unused. Sort of claustrophobic.

On a more positive note, I do think the header graphic/menu looks nice. But I'm afraid that these colours aren't really well suited for actually reading, just my opinion. The dark colours and huge contrast is a pretty dated look for forums or websites if you ask me.

What was wrong with the old layout, or was it just that a change of pace was needed?

Mike - How can what he said not be taken seriously. Do you think it was constructive or needed? No. Should a staff member set an example? Yes. Did he by doing that after complaining about it? No. Does this mean he is "very good"? Not at all.Searley - There is a lighter grey box and glow around the main bit.

I could also say the header could be pinned to the top and streched to the width of the page so the floating could stay. I think the header is a bit of the problem as it is just a straight cut making it appear to be a box but the floating of the main board concurs with it.

As for stretching the banner to the width of the page, it would make it inconsistent with the rest of the web page as nothing else is stretched.

Back