• Views Views 36K

Do you like the new design?

• Yes

Votes: 74 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 199 72.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aesthetically nicer, but I prefer the old setup for navigational purposes. Currently i would vote for the old setup.

Really?! You still think that's an option after this: (?)

This has been said many times before but I'll reiterate. There is no point in saying 'This is worse, change back!' because it simply won't happen. Despite (apparently) popular belief in this forum, this is NOT just a skin change, it's an update and so the site had to be redone from scratch and can't be the same as the last version was.

Anyways - I prefer "Recent Threads" to "Recent Posts", so glad that's changed and I'm already getting used to the skin tbh. I like the colour scheme..

One thing (Very trivial, I know) that slightly annoys me is the size of the fm-b badge compared to the writing "Football Manager 2011" - it looks too big to me..

Last edited:
I really don't like the posts are displayed in the centre.. apart from that I don't like the dark layout.. just my opinion..

WOW :O

so i dont come on for a few days with birthday antics on the agenda

and you do this lol!!

Looks great, very nicely designed, very modern, will take some use to getting used to,

but overall first impressions, im impressed

I really like it, think it looks good, just something on the side to fill the gaps and it will be perfect.

Do people read before slating something?

Sean has upgraded the site onto a totally new version of vbulletin forum software, this change has enabled us to implement a lot of new features for you guys, blogs being a major new feature. The cost is that the old design and layout is no longer compatible, and Sean had to redesign the site from scratch. Please try to comprehend that before you say how much you hate the site. And if you have to slate Sean for the work he has done, at least try and put forward some ideas/suggestions to improve the site.

Sean has already stated his clear willingness and intention to work with members to iron out any teething problems and also to improve the site going forward.

As i said before, everyone hated it when we changed from the old orange design and layout to the green one. If the green one was so bad, why are lots of you demanding for it to be returned? People don't like change, whether good or bad, most people have a knee-jerk negative reaction towards change.

I'm sure the site will grow on the majority of you, especially if/when any improvements/upgrades go live.

Quoting myself again as people can't seem to read what's in front of them.

Tapatalk is not currently working for me either.

I would say the new look means it doesn't look quite as unique as it did before. But there are a few small changes that I like:
  • The fact that you can see how many pages a thread has before you click on it.
  • Also that from the home page you can see what the last post from a sub-section is.

I wish i could change my vote from no to yes, To be honest I jumped the gun on it and I am starting to really warm to the new design, still personally would maybe make the colour dark blue or something. but whatever I am really warming to it. i'd maybe say if possible can you delete the poll and make a new one ? because I'm sure many of the views have changed and we would maybe get a rough idea of how many more people have warmed to the new design and actually like it.

People also must remember the poll is not Do you prefere this one to the old one.

Nope the poll remains, anyone who voted no gets an IP ban.

Just did a quick mock-up of how I think the polls should look. Too much white space, which not only makes visability of certain elements difficult, but also doesn't look very nice.

Original Poll Style:
PZB3k.png

My Poll Style:
WxlMn.png

Can the skin be made wider? Seems too thin.

Sean wanted to go with a fixed width this time to make placing elements easier and not to mess up when it scales, so if he makes it any wider he ruins it for smaller screens. Last time I checked the usable area was around 990px, considering that 1024*768px monitors are still common he can't set a fixed width much if any higher than that (once you account for a scroll bar and window edges you'll be around 1024 pixels).

Nope the poll remains, anyone who voted no gets an IP ban.

that's not fair, I voted before I got to your post...

but with almost 3 to 1 against I'd say the new skin isn't popular (A)

I don't like the new skin at all, from the colours to the layout it all feels wrong, looks wrong, is wrong.

Back