• Views Views 36K

Do you like the new design?

• Yes

Votes: 74 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 199 72.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not sure if it was like this previously or it's just down to me not using VMs often, but the report button is in a place you would expect a reply button for VMs. Just accidentally reported a VM with my response while trying to reply to it.
Silly billy ;)

There are a few little things that are slightly annoying about the new design/layout which I'm sure you'll see to later on Sean, but I much prefer having the blog system to the stories section :)

I hate it, the old one looks better and is so much easier to use I cant get away with this. :( Shame on you!

Just started using FMBase at work, as im a sneaky character I use this in a smaller window. I think the old skin used to format so I could read all posts without scorlling left to right but now it doesnt. I know not many others will have this issue but it makes my sneakyness harder ;)

Also I prefer the Recent Threads to Recent Posts. Always liked having that on the right hand side instead of going back onto Home first.

The colour isn't too bad, still preferred the old style though. And slightly bigger avatars and maybe a small sig should come back into play simply to liven it up. Not a major deal.

I like the top header part with my notifications highlighted in red.

I hate it, the old one looks better and is so much easier to use I cant get away with this. :( Shame on you!

Sigh:

Do people read before slating something?

Sean has upgraded the site onto a totally new version of vbulletin forum software, this change has enabled us to implement a lot of new features for you guys, blogs being a major new feature. The cost is that the old design and layout is no longer compatible, and Sean had to redesign the site from scratch. Please try to comprehend that before you say how much you hate the site. And if you have to slate Sean for the work he has done, at least try and put forward some ideas/suggestions to improve the site.

Sean has already stated his clear willingness and intention to work with members to iron out any teething problems and also to improve the site going forward.

As i said before, everyone hated it when we changed from the old orange design and layout to the green/blue one. If the previous one was so bad, why are lots of you demanding for it to be returned? People don't like change, whether good or bad, most people have a knee-jerk negative reaction towards change.

I'm sure the site will grow on the majority of you, especially if/when any improvements/upgrades go live.

Last edited:
Might have to infract you for spam soon Jake.

i have a add at the top right when i go to home page

I can't decide whether I like it or not. On one hand, it looks slick as, so nice work on that Sean. Considering it is built from scratch, kudos were they're due.

But, I personally liked the recent threds list when I was on a thread, made it easier.

I voted no based on the fact of what Jake said, nobody likes change at first. It won't be long till I love it I assume.

Not my cup of tea unfortunately but time sure is a healer. I've seen worse!

Might have to infract you for spam soon Jake.

LOL

I am liking it now Sean IF it gets a recent threads on the right hand side and a thing that makes stickys stand out from other posts it would be perfect.

Only had a problem with the new look because of the darkness of it however after finding out that you can change it i have no problems...
good work

I feel its a case of getting used to something new , I like the new design its more sleek and polished , I remember a similar situation when xbox 360 got the new white dashboard , everyone hated it at first but once you get used to the new look , its fine . Its just a case of getting used to it and all the features etc . For me personally I find it easier to read and navigate , Dam it I like it lol
Don't Fear Change , Embrace It !!
lol

Last edited:
I think the new layout is great, especially now there have been a few tweaks such as the new tabs for 'my posts' and 'my threads'. I would still like to see a border for the stickied threads, as has been mentioned by a number of people. Also, a one line sig would be nice, but I guess having the option to change the skin and see full sigs on the vbulletin standard skin counters this. The blog system is fantastic and it really will improve the site in the long term. Top work though Sean, it must be difficult to take all the criticism from people that haven't even given the new look a chance.

Just started using FMBase at work, as im a sneaky character I use this in a smaller window. I think the old skin used to format so I could read all posts without scorlling left to right but now it doesnt. I know not many others will have this issue but it makes my sneakyness harder ;)

Also I prefer the Recent Threads to Recent Posts. Always liked having that on the right hand side instead of going back onto Home first.

The colour isn't too bad, still preferred the old style though. And slightly bigger avatars and maybe a small sig should come back into play simply to liven it up. Not a major deal.

I like the top header part with my notifications highlighted in red.

If you go to the bottom of the page and change the skin to the standard skin, 1) imo it looks better and 2) it formats so you can be sneaky :P

you get notifications if you have likes i got 4 nofications

imagine if someone caught like 100 likes they would get a **** of a lot of notifications :O

Well done on the like button Sean :) Especially like the notifications.

you get notifications if you have likes i got 4 nofications

imagine if someone caught like 100 likes they would get a **** of a lot of notifications :O

Remind me never to make another Formations guide. Ever.

Back