• Views Views 36K

Do you like the new design?

• Yes

Votes: 74 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 199 72.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm really starting to like the new design now, I knew I would I just wasn't sure how long it would take.

I'd just like to say - Thank Sean, for putting in your time and effort into doing this.

The new layout and features is definitely an improvement in my opinion. However the colour scheme is not. I'm not hating the fact its changed from green, but the dark background just does not work. It is too dark and does not do the blue any justice.

Great example, as I'm writing this, I can notice on the peripheral of my vision the blue writing below the "Quick Reply' box, but when I go to read it I have to really strain to read it as it blends too much with the background colour. The dark background clashes with the other colours too much and makes it much more of a strain on the eyes. This is a scenario you must avoid with your colour scheme, you don't want people having to leave your site after 10 mins because it is making their eyes ache.

My two cents would be to play around with the background colour to make it easier on the eye.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, and unsure if its been mentioned before, but is this some sort of bug? Until I logged in, I could not read anything that was posted, as the white background was not there, the white was the same colour as the text, but this was corrected once I logged in. If this is purposely done to encourage people to sign up, is this not going to turn away new comers? I mean, why would someone sign up for something when they don't know what is there? Just wanting a clear up, as I'm a little confused by this. Cheers.

Last edited:
OHGODNO It's back!

Joking. Good to see them back.

the like seems to replicate the facebook one now yeah?

hate it to be honest

no like button
blacks too distracting
still havent worked out how post a new thread?
avatars are that small whats the point in them at all?!
73.91% agree with me so why not go back to the old layout and forget all about this nasty layout?!

Calum is the most liked person in this thread. Something's wrong.

no like button
blacks too distracting
still havent worked out how post a new thread?
avatars are that small whats the point in them at all?!
73.91% agree with me so why not go back to the old layout and forget all about this nasty layout?!

1) Yes there is
2) How can the opposite of white be more distracting?
3) Meh, no great loss
4) Click to enlarge
5) Because Sean has worked hard on this and it is his website. That completely aside, I think the benefits of this outweigh the disadvantages. Besides, most of those dislikes on the poll were probably like mine, knee-jerk reactions. I rike it now.

Last edited:
I like it a lot more now than when I first did. One thing stopping it being perfect though is the recent threads on the side when your in a thread.

I know myself and many more have commented on this fact already, I just hope there is someway you can implement it? It would make it even better in my opinion.

Congratulations on the work done though, it's improved since it was first released and I think you've done a good job.

liking the wee football shirt beside your name saying who you support :)

Ooh yeah, me too. Is it meant to be grey though? It'd be nice if it were in your team's colours.

Ooh yeah, me too. Is it meant to be grey though? It'd be nice if it were in your team's colours.

Agreed, that would be cool. Something I will think about adding in the future. But it's a lot of work for a trivial feature for now :D

i like the old one better but in saying that the new one don't look too bad. it may just be me getting old and not liking change

begining to like the new design , prefered the old but i must admit, the style is way more modern

Have to say, I preferred it at the start, and now it is steadily getting much better.

I much prefer no stars as a simple name is more sleak looking in my opinion, and being able to see supported teams is greatly appreciated.

With touches here and there, people suggesting changes etc, I think it will grow on people.

I am all for dark backgrounds.

Back