• Views Views 36K

Do you like the new design?

• Yes

Votes: 74 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 199 72.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
it was off my Manchester United guide :) thats just what it came out like :)

The site feels much smoother and faster today. Is this anything to do with removing the 'like' system? If it is, I'm all for it. The fact that you can rate blogs with a star rating more than compensates for it. Regular posts shouldn't need to be 'liked', as it ends up with people (like Jake ;)) shamelessly looking for them

The site feels much smoother and faster today. Is this anything to do with removing the 'like' system? If it is, I'm all for it. The fact that you can rate blogs with a star rating more than compensates for it. Regular posts shouldn't need to be 'liked', as it ends up with people (like Jake ;)) shamelessly looking for them

I think it's mainly because, as Sean said, the site was doing a backup yesterday which was slowing things down. Although I'm pretty sure the Like system did slow things down also.

likes are better than people posting "this" or "whs" or "same" etc just to increase post count.. its there for people to agree with what the poster has said (instead of saying) "I agree with you" and needless spamming of threads...

likes are better than people posting "this" or "whs" or "same" etc just to increase post count.. its there for people to agree with what the poster has said (instead of saying) "I agree with you" and needless spamming of threads...

This. I totally agree with what Raikan said about the like system.

Seriously though, the site does feel a lot smoother today. And, I'm starting to prefer the new site to the old, mainly due to the blog system, I think it's superb, great idea to draft it in.

I am actually quite shocked at the results of the poll at the moment... people just do not like change.. you needed to utilize the ADKAR Model for this process. I like it even though still dont really understand this whole blog system.... but thats me, I am old school!

also the smilies are not available in the normal replies....

I am actually quite shocked at the results of the poll at the moment... people just do not like change.. you needed to utilize the ADKAR Model for this process. I like it even though still dont really understand this whole blog system.... but thats me, I am old school!

Same here, I'm staggered. A lot of hard work went into this, and it feels like it's just not appreciated (not by all-some people do agree it's better and growing on them). But when someone puts all this time and effort into it off their own back, they should give it a chance. Especially seeing as it's not the finished article.

Excuse my n00bness Sean if this has been answered. I know it came back earlier but will like system be ever back for good?

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/site-support-comments/71285-problems-site.html#post1123366

sticky threads need to be more seperated from the rest...

latest threads back again on the right, can't see what threads have been replied to recently throughout the different threads

Separating sticky threads and also making threads with unread posts more clear are on my todo list.

Regarding latest threads on the side: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/site...-base-new-design-feedback-28.html#post1123077

I'm going to look at getting smilies and an attachment button added back into the quick reply.

I quickly posted now but no, I am in love with it.

The colour status thing green/orange next to persons names are appearing a couple of CM's below, in the comment.

They're in the right place for me (Firefox 4.0).

The hearts/grey shirts/online thing are all offline for me using crome. About 1.5cm lower than the name (about level with the top of the post).

I didn't like the change when I first saw it, but now I have given it a few days to sink in, I really like it. I am a big fan of darker backgrounds, due to my eyes starting to hurt after staring at a bright white screen after a hour or so.

I'm surprised by this as usually a completely white screen is much easier on the eyes than having the big contrast of a lot of dark/white in the background and the opposite another focal point. Like in this case a very dark background with pure white text boxes running through the middle of it. This and the few rare occasions where there is the darker blue used as the text colour directly on the dark background (very hard to read) are the only real problems I have with the new design/layout. Everything else is great and obviously just needs the ironing out to rid any bugs that is currently ongoing.

Personally I would prefer not be notified when I get a post liked, just logged in and had 5 notifications (got excited I was popular for a minute). Turned out RTW had spammed likes on a few of my posts :P Cud be annoying for the occasional post that generates multiple likes. Is there a personalised setting somewhere to have it on/off?

Personally I would prefer not be notified when I get a post liked, just logged in and had 5 notifications (got excited I was popular for a minute). Turned out RTW had spammed likes on a few of my posts :P Cud be annoying for the occasional post that generates multiple likes. Is there a personalised setting somewhere to have it on/off?

I agree pretty annoing and pointless :S can we turn it off?

Nop, you're stuck with the notifications for now. They're hopefully allowing the option to disable notifications in the next update.

You two shouldn't have too much to worry about though, just keep your standard of posting how it is at the moment and you shouldn't get many (if any) notifications.

Nop, you're stuck with the notifications for now. They're hopefully allowing the option to disable notifications in the next update.

You two shouldn't have too much to worry about though, just keep your standard of posting how it is at the moment and you shouldn't get many (if any) notifications.

I don't really mind too much tbh, just a slight annoyance. Insulting the standard of my posts Lee... that's just low ;)

Not sure if this has been asked yet or not, but what makes a blog become a 'featured post' ? I've noticed it changes quite a lot, is it to do with it's popularity?

Not sure if this has been asked yet or not, but what makes a blog become a 'featured post' ? I've noticed it changes quite a lot, is it to do with it's popularity?

It's just on a rotation at the moment, chooses a random one from a premium member posted in the past week.

Once people stop sucking at blogging I'll remove the How To Blog post and probably add another featured blog in it's place.

Back