FM-Base New Design: Feedback

Do you like the new design?

• Yes

Votes: 74 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 199 72.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whilst I like the quickness of loading the new skin offers, as well as the more polished feel, its narrow with and dark colouring put me off it. I feel like spending too much time on it will give me eye strain -- and its rather bland, there's no real diversity in the colour scheme. Maybe look at FM's dark skin for a possible palate?. Obviously lost features etc aren't to do with the skin, but the update so I won't mention them. However, I think it's a bit too blocky, and the numbers for pages of the threads look awful -- far too attention grabbing and distracting. I also miss being bale to see the info page about the user down the right with who they support / where they're from, since this gave you a bit of b/g info on who you're talking to, whereas now they're just a name on a page...
Overall, I think the old skin was better, and this will require a lot of tweaking before people will warm to it. Also, I'm disappointed there's no skin choice -- FM itself has a light and dark version after all!

Finally, I appreciate how much of a pain in the *** making and fitting new skins is, and I'm not disputing that a lot of effort was put in -- that it is (seemingly) bug free shows that the admin and mod team have done a top job.

I like it, but i liked the other more. I'm sure once i get used to it, it will grow on me.

agree with Trivs points about the supports thing and the recent threads list. Also not sure if it's been mentioned but before it was easy to see if a thread had been viewed by you or not. If it hadn't then it would be clearly bold and easy to recognise compared to threads you had already looked at. Now they are too similar imo. But still great job Sean, sure we'll all get used to it eventually

I find reading posts a lot more difficult and i want to know if there is even a possibility of changing back to the layout which made you so popular?

On a plus point, the blogs look really impressive. However I can't understand why you'd want to change the skin because it was great the way it was.

I think the new layout looks pretty swish. The colours, IMO, are simply and effective. I do think the banner was better when it was end to end however, and the 'View Your Posts' and 'View Your Threads' shortcuts were extremely helpful, and they were how I saw what threads I had to check. Also the Like but was a very cool feature, one that I think differentiated it from other such sites. I too think it should be reinstated. Also, avatars, I don't see why they're gone really. There's no point in keeping the avatars if there going to be too small to see. Signatures as well, I don't see why they've been removed. Would like them back really.

Don't like it :(

Really confusing and hard to use, don't like no sigs, avatars and no like button.

Also i liked the bit where it told you the latest threads been posted in instead of the post it self which is very hard to figure out and annoying.

I don't like the narrowness. Also no likes, and avatars so small? The old layout was way better than this, but I guess I'll get used to this.

Keep up the good work guys, it's still the best F.M. site on the t'internet!!!

Heade looks great but black and white together is a big mistake

i do like this new layout as others have said that the avatars are a waste coz they are too small

It can't just be me that likes this skin?

it's modern, it's sleek, and i enjoy the faster loading times.

The only thing I'd change is the colour back to green, so the site doesn't look too "generic"