FM-Base New Design: Feedback

Do you like the new design?

• Yes

Votes: 74 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 199 72.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Personally i preferred the old one, life goes on though!

Not really a fan of this layout...much prefer the old one.. :(

its o.k, just needs bits of improving and i'm sure many people will get used to it after a while. Keep up the good work Sean and mods team :)

I'd say yes and no. The Interface is quite better I suppose, but I believe more can be done with the choice colour

I must say my heart lies with the old layout, but nonetheless it is a terrific effort by Sean and we should all embrace the effort that he put into this new layout.

Sorry, but not at all. Why did it need the change ? Tbh I'm still sure I'll get more used to it and start liking it more.

I think I was way too used to the other one so I'm not as happy with this. May grow to love it tho?

With this new design, maybe its time to cut down on all the sub-forums on the main forum page? I mean what's point in having- Kits, Team & Competition logos and the skins and other graphics forums in the FM2011 forum. Why not put them all in a sub-forum called 'Graphics'. It would look a lot neater that way. And if your doing away with the stories sub-forum then maybe you can add a careers sub-forum, where people can just post their acheivements each season, and not have to worry about it being approved (which is pathetic), and if they cba with posting an entire novel for their career just for mods to approve it.

Way too many sub-forums on the main forum page imho.

With this new design, maybe its time to cut down on all the sub-forums on the main forum page? I mean what's point in having- Kits, Team & Competition logos and the skins and other graphics forums in the FM2011 forum. Why not put them all in a sub-forum called 'Graphics'. It would look a lot neater that way. And if your doing away with the stories sub-forum then maybe you can add a careers sub-forum, where people can just post their acheivements each season, and not have to worry about it being approved (which is pathetic), and if they cba with posting an entire novel for their career just for mods to approve it.

There are threads on that.

Meh, sub forums haven't increased really (bar one, I think).

The whole point of the blog system was to get the story board off the forum, because the majority didn't care for it. We have a thread to post career updates, but can you honeslty see a career sub section not turning into a story sub section?

The whole point of the approval system was to stop idiots posting "I'm going to do a story with chelsea llols" and then never posting again. If people put a bit of effort into their OP then we semi-knew that they would put some effort in to keep the story going. So it's not pathetic at all.

You love giving your 2c don't you: up to about $18 now!

As it stands, I don't really like the design. That said, I didn't like the previous one either.

Here are a few things I feel would improve it, if at all possible:

1. Removing avatars completely
In their reduced state, they are just taking up space and loading time. If you want to keep them in full size when a member name is clicked, so be it, though I'd be happy if they were removed completely.

2. Adding a stroke/frame around each of the 'boxes'
By boxes, I refer to individual posts, 'Reply to Thread' button, the Quick Reply section, etc. I think a border around these would make it look better, and less congested in the middle.

3. Poll background should be the same colour as the forum background
At the moment, it is white, which looks fine with the posts, in my opinion, but the poll background should match the forum background and have the text replaced with a visible, white alternative. I just feel it wouldn't contrast so negatively, along with the border idea.

4. Teams supported are gone
If this was planned, fair enough, but if not, I think they should either be alongside or replace our custom user titles completely.

5. Advertisements are back for me, as a Premium Member
Not really a design flaw, but something to look into.

Thanks, and although the majority of people would prefer this changed back to the previous skin, I think a few additions/changes and it'll be better.

I like the general lay out, But, i miss the Avatars, the suupported team bit, the like button, and i find the forums are quite difficult to follow with the big black bar in between each post.

tbh i prefer the old style but in time i will probably get used to it :)

the two major issues for me are the like button and for it to fit the whole screen :)