FM-Base New Design: Feedback

Do you like the new design?

• Yes

Votes: 74 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 199 72.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How about option where you can see your posts and threads ? Are you going to return that ?
And, recent threads bar is unfriendly.

I prefer the old layout, but I don't mind this one. A few tweaks here and there, especially with the avatars would be nice. Haven't checked out the blog system but I am looking forward to it. It will take me a few days to get used to it, but it does bring a new dimension to the forum.

In all honesty, i'm not liking this.. :-(

re: the blogs.

can i blog about anything? and does it matter about the size of my post in a blog?

Mmm i think its a solid start, the last one was outdated, but like lots of others dont much like the contrast between black and white, wouldlike to see the black changed to green

also, its too narrow, and its difficult to tell between read and unread thread

but its quick to load, modern and sleek,and i dont have to look at ****** huge sigs

overall im happy with the change, and forward to further improvements

Why don't you just make an option in your profile to turn off avatars and signatures.

i really preferred the old lay out i find it hard to see stuff and the recent post bar is unorganized

Jesus, the speed of the site is unbelievable!

Not much of a fan of the skin, but I'll get used to it since I didn't lke the layout of FM-Base beforehand. :)
Oh, it's a shame the like button is no more. It quite an ego boost when loads of people liked my posts. :p

Think it's pretty darn funky. Great job with it.

Heade looks great but black and white together is a big mistake

Racist.

i do like this new layout as others have said that the avatars are a waste coz they are too small

Click the member names, but I agree the avatars should be removed completely from the post bit.

It can't just be me that likes this skin?

it's modern, it's sleek, and i enjoy the faster loading times.

The only thing I'd change is the colour back to green, so the site doesn't look too "generic"

Ew the green sucked.

How about option where you can see your posts and threads ? Are you going to return that ?
And, recent threads bar is unfriendly.

You can see your posts and threads. Look in your profile (or click your name)

re: the blogs.

can i blog about anything? and does it matter about the size of my post in a blog?

Blog about anything within the rules, inc the no spam rule.

i really preferred the old lay out i find it hard to see stuff and the recent post bar is unorganized

Don't see how its unorganised: tells you who posted in what thread and a bit of what they say.

Jesus, the speed of the site is unbelievable!

Not much of a fan of the skin, but I'll get used to it since I didn't lke the layout of FM-Base beforehand. :)
Oh, it's a shame the like button is no more. It quite an ego boost when loads of people liked my posts. :p

Like feature IS coming back, in some form.

i don't like the new layout as although it gives out a more modern feel i think the old style was more unique and part of the attraction of the forum. now it looks similar to alot of other forums and it's a little bit hard to navigate around, and figure out what's read and what's not. also i think the colours should be changed back to how they were because although the black looks nice it feels like i'm viewing a completely different forum.

on the plus side the new blog system looks interesting and looks like it will become a very well used new feature, and the speed of the site has improved dramatically. also it's nice not having the signatures on the bottom of every post and this seems to give the forum a more grown up feel to it.

however i think that you sohuld have stuck with the old look and feel of the forum as it worked well as it was and it looked and felt much more laid back than other forums, which added to the uniqueness and in my opinion the success of the forum.

to summerise the new system does look more modern and with improvements it will probably be a good design however i feel as if it will never match up to the friendliness and welcoming nature of the old design, and that we've lost the uniquness of base and we might lose some of the character that made the forum a success in the first place.

Wait, are stories being re-introduced into the recent threads list?

I preferred the old one to be honest. I think this one is too small, and I find it slightly hard to read. I also dont like the blank windows down each side.

I think this one also looks like something that was made on a free forum type thing :|

I also dont like all the space between posts etc.

Last edited:
New layout is alright. I prefer the older ones, mainly because of the features. Like the Avatars, Supporter info, and signature. But will probably forget about them in couple weeks. Also I'm sure/hoping that they will be added again when Sean is finished with the bugs and what not.

Might just take time to get used to, but so far I preferred the other one, but it's a solid new design to build from. I dislike it all being so concentrated in the middle, there's tonnes of unused space that could be used to spread the design out more and fit more on to the screen. Also, found it easier to read the forums on the old design.

Prefer the old one myself, but hey ho. No likes anymore?