FM-Base New Design: Feedback

Do you like the new design?

• Yes

Votes: 74 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 199 72.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As it stands, I don't really like the design. That said, I didn't like the previous one either.

Here are a few things I feel would improve it, if at all possible:

1. Removing avatars completely
In their reduced state, they are just taking up space and loading time. If you want to keep them in full size when a member name is clicked, so be it, though I'd be happy if they were removed completely.

2. Adding a stroke/frame around each of the 'boxes'
By boxes, I refer to individual posts, 'Reply to Thread' button, the Quick Reply section, etc. I think a border around these would make it look better, and less congested in the middle.

3. Poll background should be the same colour as the forum background
At the moment, it is white, which looks fine with the posts, in my opinion, but the poll background should match the forum background and have the text replaced with a visible, white alternative. I just feel it wouldn't contrast so negatively, along with the border idea.

4. Teams supported are gone
If this was planned, fair enough, but if not, I think they should either be alongside or replace our custom user titles completely.

5. Advertisements are back for me, as a Premium Member
Not really a design flaw, but something to look into.

Thanks, and although the majority of people would prefer this changed back to the previous skin, I think a few additions/changes and it'll be better.

Agree with points 1 & 2. Disagree with 3, but think the poll should be same width as the post bit. Really don't care about teams supported, and it will stop some snide comments. Sean willl look into the adverts when he wakes up.

I like the general lay out, But, i miss the Avatars, the suupported team bit, the like button, and i find the forums are quite difficult to follow with the big black bar in between each post.

Like button is coming back & the forum would be harder to follow without the black bar.

Im with you on this one i really dont like the new layout

Makes no sense as you quoted someone who likes it.

Love it,more darker and modern.Hoping for improvements

At the bottom of quick reply it still says 'Show your signature'

I wish it was clearer to see which threads had new comments on them, at the moment its too close, that and a couple other little tweaks and it will be just as good as the old one.

I wish it was clearer to see which threads had new comments on them, at the moment its too close, that and a couple other little tweaks and it will be just as good as the old one.

I agree there needs to be more clarity which sections and threads have new posts. For now I'm using "new posts" at the top of the forum (under the forum button).

Am not a fan of it at all i like the fact the blog system is up and running but dont like the colour theame the old style was much better just looks nasty cant we have the old one back just with blog system and all the new stuff you added beside that the lay out could work but still not a fan of it :)

Is it just me who's eyes are hurting (literally) by reading the text?

This is much better than the old design, especially on the home. One thing I'm unsure on is the the actual threads, not that it's bad but I'm just going to take some time to get used to it.

Is there a list somewhere of all the changes? Unless it's just the design.

Just logged on, love the new design easier on the eyes to look at :p, haven't had a chance to look about yet will now though.. Top notch work Sean fair play sitting in on a Friday night doing it for us for free.. Respect!

Btw, is it just mine or is anyone elses the same, whenever I click on someones name all that happens is a white box appears around their name with a hint of writing just out of the box?

Lol, it has started to grow on me already. Not being used to it, I focussed on the negatives...but I like it. :p It looks more modern and sleek, if a wee bit boxy. It still looks a bit generic, maybe add a splash of green or blue to it? But overall, I think I prefer it to the old one now that I've had a chance to look at it. :)

I like some of it. On my phone though not had a proper look. Only problem I can see is no "view your posts/threads" which I used all the time. Also agree with Bill on the teams supported thing, I like to know..

Nice work though.

Admittedly I didn't like the new layout at first but the more I use it the more I like it. Shouldn't take too long to get used to it as well. Great job Sean :)

Things i don't like :

1. Hurts my eyes with the colours.

2.The latest threads posted on is filled with one thread i would rather the list of threads we had before.

3.There is too much empty space.

4. There is no point in avatars or signatures now.

Don't know why we need to change it.

it's nice but i don't like the background colour. maybe change it to blue or green