Football Manager 2015 Features Announcement & The FM Documentary (7th October)

Gleeful at the new changes..

So, I just finished watching the video on Youtube.. And ****, I was extremely happy with some of the changes that were present..

To start off:
Manager Training - This was a long grouse of mine that no matter how good I got in any aspect as a manager, I could never train my players. This new addition is brilliant, and long overdue. Finally, a player can also check his/her development as a manager, compared to AI managers ingame. Also, this'll really help if I don't find any good coaches available for a particular spot.

Manager - Another brilliant addition, I feel that this was needed. Multiple favorite teams and multiple language familiarity is a welcome addition. Language is especially welcome, and I'm guessing it'll help integrate new players into the squad much better (IRL, teams hire language tutors, but since you can't really do that ingame, this will help)

Tabloids - I love transfers and the stories behind it, so the news that tabloids has been boosted up is pretty good. Hopefully, this'll mean that it'll be easier to get players to submit transfer requests to their teams, so as to enable you to buy them (almost impossible in FM14)

Scouting - Didn't get too much out of this section from the video, but from what I could gather, it has been made more detailed, which is rather good. If anyone was looking in detail for scouting in FM14, it would be disappointing, because more or less, it was vague. Although, one brilliant addition is specific scouting, where you can search for players similar to the ones you have, and specify what team status you want them for too.. That's awesome, saves time, and is very realistic too..

New Player Roles - This is brilliant. Roaming playmaker and wide poacher, in particular, are welcome additions, and it'll be nice integrating them into tactics xD

Press Conferences and Team Talks - I guess press conferences are mostly the same, except with some new answers and some newer questions. A nice thing is questions based on manager history. I'm praying that it won't be as monotonous has FM14, one could 'correctly' answer conferences without even bother reading it.

A lot more options present in team and individual talks is also excellent, and hopefully, this will prevent players from behaving/reacting idiotically as was the norm in FM14.

These were the main points was happy about xD Of course, the new search bar got me to thinking that one day, SI would introduce a FM OS for literally the most complete immersive gameplay xD I never had a problem with the match engine, so news of that didn't affect me much either/./

It'd be nice to be literally involved with the training (select how long to do drills, etc, play 30-minute matches and the like and actually watch players go through it before deciding starting lineup, but I guess that'll probably happen a couple of years from now.. (yes, if it wasn't clear, I love miro-managing every aspect xD)

From what i saw the Roaming Playmaker role was for the DM position. If so, who would you classify as a roaming playmaker IRL?
I can't think of any.

From what i saw the Roaming Playmaker role was for the DM position. If so, who would you classify as a roaming playmaker IRL?
I can't think of any.

I'm guessing it's midway between a DLP and a Regista? Or an Anchor Man who not only breaks up plays, but also gets the ball forward and sets up plays..

It's more likely for more attacking tactics, which suits me perfectly..

I can't think of any.
Ki.S.Y when he was at Sunderland maybe? Not 100% what the role is but he seemed to be what I would consider a roaming playmaker.

Sigh, that's never going to happen. No idea why people say that all the time. It's exactly the same, just easier to use.

I know it'll never happen, just felt like you had more control over what was happening. Like you said though, the new style is easier to use so I can understand why it changed the way it did. I just miss sliders...

Tracksuit manager looks like a nice little addition, I'll probably go full tactical myself though. Could see it being really useful for some of the smaller clubs where you're struggling to find a decent coach for a certain role or you just want a little more influence.

Mid match team talks again are something that could prove to be hugely useful, no more dragging someone off after 30 minutes because he's playing horrible and lost his head.

More new player roles are always welcome along with PPMs, roaming playmaker could get some use.

The new scouting assignments are a big advancement for me. Was a pain going through 10-15 scouts and filtering out numerous things just to have him look for a certain type of player. The new range on stats instead of just having them blank is nice too. One of the nicest additions this year so far for me personally.

Player and media interactions were a much needed thing, once you got about half a season in you ran out of things to do with both players and the media. Seems to have more influence on both the players and transfers now which is nice, no more hitting the same button every 5-6 months just to try and get someone to leave their club. Tunnel and training ground ones are a nice touch too.

A lot of little things added that'll make it much more polished and a little more involving. Just need my regens to grow a full beard now.

The one BIG THING I wanted in the new FM is the evolution of kits throughout the game time.
And by "evolution" I mean, release of new kits in-game every couple of years or so, mostly because I don't want to have to use an in-game editor to change kits anymore.
I watched the stream, but I don't remember seeing that.

Pretty sure that can't be done mate, even with the generic plain kits you see on the tactics page. Would breach licencing rules, same reason why EA Sports state that kits can't change in career mode.

The one BIG THING I wanted in the new FM is the evolution of kits throughout the game time.
And by "evolution" I mean, release of new kits in-game every couple of years or so, mostly because I don't want to have to use an in-game editor to change kits anymore.
I watched the stream, but I don't remember seeing that.

Not in there as far as I can gather. Shame, it's something I'd like too. Maybe the ability to tweak your kit manually each year, so you don't HAVE to do it if you don't want to.

I wonder if movember is just for regens?

Yeah, can't really photoshop a moustache onto Messi. Funny though it'd be.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really pleased to see so many people optimistic about this FM. Of course, it'll all change as soon as it's released and people start ******** about stuff they don't actually understand. ;)

Not in there as far as I can gather. Shame, it's something I'd like too. Maybe the ability to tweak your kit manually each year, so you don't HAVE to do it if you don't want to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really pleased to see so many people optimistic about this FM. Of course, it'll all change as soon as it's released and people start ******** about stuff they don't actually understand. ;)

not with that attitude.

Bit of a nooby question here lads, but where do I pre-order to make sure I get early access and **** like dat.

I hope that players age better on fm15. In mine, players above the age of thirty just aren't good enough for the top teams. Eg Fabregas is 32 and has declined so much that he's barely good enough for a mid-table Prem side. In so many teams IRL older, experienced players are stalwarts of the team, yet on the game I find they simply aren't good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope that players age better on fm15. In mine, players above the age of thirty just aren't good enough for the top teams. Eg Fabregas is 32 and has declined so much that he's barely good enough for a mid-table Prem side. In so many teams IRL older, experienced players are stalwarts of the team, yet on the game I find they simply aren't good enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends mostly on personalities.. Carrick was 33 when he retired for me, and he was excellent. Fletcher is 32, and is still top class. Both of them are Professional and Model Professional respectively, so they take great care in maintaining their condition, and hence their performance is not affected.. Fabregas is Light-Hearted, so probably why he is declining? I dunno;; He looks good in mine at 30, though.. But there should probably be a better balance in personalities..

Not in there as far as I can game Shame, it's something I'd like too. Maybe the ability to tweak your kit manually each year, so you don't HAVE to do it if you don't want to.

You mean the usual 100's of posts stating the ME is fixed and scripted, I played the same game 5 times and got 5 different results and my personal favourite FU SI your game broken I've played CM/FM since CM 1992 there fore I am a tactical genius but I cannot win a game!

I look forward to Mikes. Responses more he must look forward to launch so much each year

Maybe base should sticky some threads debunking these myths

Give it a day and someone will ***** about the match engine. Guaranteed.