Gerard Houllier to leave Aston Villa

• Thread starter Thread starter GodCubed
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 214
  • Views Views 10K
Lol. How the **** has Makoun been a flop? A Champions League standard DM who came to us for 4 mil, was superb against United but admittedly has only had limited appearances due to injury and relegation fears. Sure, he's had a few bad games, but he's still adjusting to the Prem style. Give him a ****** chance.

And yes, we produced good youth prospects and didn't give them chances, but that was Martin O'Neill's fault, not the club's. As you can see, we're now giving youth prospects a chance: Albrighton, Bannan, Clark, Lichaj, Baker, Herd, Delfouneso and Hogg were all given chances, with the first three looking set to start in the first team next season.

God knows who told you we were spending big last season, but it shows how much you know if you think Milner was sold last season. How on Earth have we spent ALL of our money on Bent? We're owned by a ****** billionaire. Why do necessarily need 'big name' players? The likes of Bent are well up to Premier League standard, not to mention Downing. If we got a few players that are as good at doing what they do as Bent is at doing what he does, then we'd be absolutely fine.

Because at Villa, season after season we find ways of replacing any key personnel we sell. Barry left, Milner took his place. Milner left, Ireland took his place, which admittedly didn't come off but it eventually ended up with Bannan taking his place.

My dear, I'm sure you've spent many portions of your footballing season watching Villa play (after all, we're rather irresistible to Midlanders - they ALL want to be us :)) but I can assure you a small selection of games is not enough to tell you the story of a club. The table doesn't lie: mixed in with some atrocious games at Newcastle and Liverpool were some excellent ones like against West Ham, Arsenal, Blackburn and even to an extent United and Chelsea.

We're a mid-to-high end table club that has some fair financial power, an excellent youth system and has just had a rough season. No more, but most definitely no less.

Just because makoun has playing in CL doesnt automatically make him a great premier league player, as much as he is good i dont think he is suited to the PL. That is my opinion and im entitled to it.

Albrighton, clark and bannan , yes are good but the others will not make it as prem players with villa. How many years as delfaunso been on the scenes tipped to make it BIG but never lives up to it. ''Bannan eventually taking his place?'' how? when he finished the season out on loan at leeds get this right!!

Same old Villa fans aye? All big headed thinking you are the dogs bollox when you are in many peoples eyes just an average team. We proved that right at the hawthorns when we beat you 2-1, you were extremely poor that day as you was against fulham at home, bolton away, newcastle at home (even though you won newcastle were shocking).

Im not gonna waste my time/energy to reply back to you as i have better things to do and you villa fans dont allow any others to have an opinion on football as you presume you are all right. We will see at the end of the season where you finish, who is still there and what players you have got in? BYE!

Just because makoun has playing in CL doesnt automatically make him a great premier league player, as much as he is good i dont think he is suited to the PL. That is my opinion and im entitled to it.

Albrighton, clark and bannan , yes are good but the others will not make it as prem players with villa. How many years as delfaunso been on the scenes tipped to make it BIG but never lives up to it. ''Bannan eventually taking his place?'' how? when he finished the season out on loan at leeds get this right!!

Same old Villa fans aye? All big headed thinking you are the dogs bollox when you are in many peoples eyes just an average team. We proved that right at the hawthorns when we beat you 2-1, you were extremely poor that day as you was against fulham at home, bolton away, newcastle at home (even though you won newcastle were shocking).

Im not gonna waste my time/energy to reply back to you as i have better things to do and you villa fans dont allow any others to have an opinion on football as you presume you are all right. We will see at the end of the season where you finish, who is still there and what players you have got in? BYE!

They've had a pretty bad season, but still won Chelsea, Liverpool, nearly won Man United and finished 9th (I think). They'll be top 8 finishers most likely next season, and are still the best side in the Midlands.

lol someone challenges your opinion and you get in a huff? probably shouldnt use this forum then.

next

Oh Mike bore me later, every comment I seem to make you pipe up with something stupid. Got nothing better to do it seems :)

Is that warrenty of another infractions? As you am the only person I EVER get one off

Oh Mike bore me later, every comment I seem to make you pipe up with something stupid. Got nothing better to do it seems :)

Is that warrenty of another infractions? As you am the only person I EVER get one off

you have infractions form lee and JP Woody, so thats a lie

Bore off

JP Woody was YEARS AGO, LEE was once ages ago yet again, all the others off you in the past few months. So go **** yourself you useless idiot

People cant even put forth their opinions without abusing. Sigh..

Anyways looks like Hughes is the fav to take over, hope he stays with Fulham. Spend few years with Fulham before moving as i feel this move has come way to quick for him..

Blackburn, City, Fulham, Villa. So thats 4 in what 5 years? Hope he stays loyal to Fulham..

Anyways looks like Hughes is the fav to take over, hope he stays with Fulham. Spend few years with Fulham before moving as i feel this move has come way to quick for him..

Blackburn, City, Fulham, Villa. So thats 4 in what 5 years? Hope he stays loyal to Fulham..

To be fair - difficult to turn down the City job at that time, then sacked harshly by City - not really being unloyal other than if he were to ditch Fulham.

i honestly want it to be Carlo, would love to see what he could d with that squad

To be fair - difficult to turn down the City job at that time, then sacked harshly by City - not really being unloyal other than if he were to ditch Fulham.

I mean staying loyal to Fulham. Not saying he was not. And good that he got sacked from City. Very hard to hate him.

He has done very well in the second half and they can improve. There is nothing wrong in being ambitious, but imo Villa job has come bit too quick for my liking..

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

i honestly want it to be Carlo, would love to see what he could d with that squad

I want Carlo to go to Roma. Rumor is that they have approached Enrique, Barca B coach.

Rumor is that they have approached Enrique, Barca B coach.

Stuff like this annoy me. There's sort of an urge to play like Barça. Is there no other way to play? Did every other formation and/or style just vanish from the face of the earth all of a sudden? Yes, I know they've been very successful and all, but for ****'s sake, you don't need to imitate them to win stuff.

Besides, apart from Xavi/Iniesta showing up with some defence splitting passes and Messi with a quick mazy dribble the short passing **** isn't all that nice to watch. How boring can it be if everyone plays the same way? Give me back a good counter-attacking side any day of the week.

I mean staying loyal to Fulham. Not saying he was not. And good that he got sacked from City. Very hard to hate him.

Ah right - thought you meant "I wish he'd stay loyal for once" kind of thing.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Stuff like this annoy me. There's sort of an urge to play like Barça. Is there no other way to play? Did every other formation and/or style just vanish from the face of the earth all of a sudden? Yes, I know they've been very successful and all, but for ****'s sake, you don't need to imitate them to win stuff.

Besides, apart from Xavi/Iniesta showing up with some defence splitting passes and Messi with a quick mazy dribble the short passing **** isn't all that nice to watch. How boring can it be if everyone plays the same way? Give me back a good counter-attacking side any day of the week.

1. Barca do counter-attack. Just from within the opposition half ;) The win the ball back within seconds when they lose it because of their high tempo pressing game. (I can't believe I just defended Barca)

2. Who says Enrique will play the same way? Maybe he's just a good coach? And why shouldn't other teams be allowed to play like them? Just because you don't like it - most of the footballing world do.

In a quick response to Joshr's earlier post, because I love having the last word:

1) I gave reasons why I think Makoun'll be good, unlike you
2) Says who? Baker and Hogg could potentially be regulars. Not to mention the likes of Johnson, Gardner, Siegrist and Graham who are coming through. Oh, and Bannan finished the season back at Villa. Get your facts right.
3) So if we're average, West Brom are...? :)
4) Oh teh noes, a personal attack. :'( Better unfollow ArsenalReport for starters. I don't follow football. Also I don't let others have an opinion. Brb guys, just disabling the comments section on my blog...

ROIGHT now that's over...

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Indeed. A young, dynamic squad could be excellent for him. He has impeccable pedigree too.

But we're DEFINITELY set out to play like Barca!

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

And apparently we're definitely in for Ancelotti. The board's taking a "don't ask, don't get" policy: if we get him, great. If not, move on.

Mat Kendrick, as ever, has the latest. Birmingham Mail Exclusive: Carlo Ancelotti is a leading contender for Aston Villa job - Aston Villa FC news - Aston Villa - Sport - Birmingham Mail

Er - excuse my asking, but what does Arsenal Report have to do with anything?

Would be a real coup if you got Carlo - Lerner would be ******* his pants laughing, while Roman would just be ******* his pants in embarrassment ;)

Back