Gerrard Leaving?

• Thread starter Thread starter Danny
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 160
  • Views Views 11K
WOW, i cant see it purely because its Gerrard :$

although i can see why other teams want him, an in form Steven Gerrard is one of the best midfielders in the world!

Everybody says this and it's not true, we have lots of great players also. without Lampard and Drogba, you's are nothing.

thats not strickly true is it. weve been without drogba this season and didnt drop a point!!!

Ok. Note, i said without Lampard AND Drogba.

but you have still had 1 of your 2 main players, gerrard. so you without torres but with gerrard=lifeless, us without drogs but with lamps=winning matches and 2 of them by 7!!!

Haha, i wouldn't disagree with you mate!
I have always totally admired Gerrard he is a credit to English football, and i hope he stays with Liverpool, purely because its about time footballers stop being the money grabbing pieces of **** they are, and show some ****** loyalty to a club!!

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 AM ----------

Can we stop turning this into a competitive thread between clubs, this is about Gerrard and Liverpool alone.
I am bored shitless!! of opening a thread with any of the big clubs as the topic and finding pages and pages of BULLSHIT!

Everybody says this and it's not true, we have lots of great players also. without Lampard and Drogba, you's are nothing.

The difference is without Drogba and Lampard we would still be one of the best teams in the league. Without Torres and Gerrard you would be no better than Villa.

Untill you get better players around those two you will continue to become more and more reliant on them. Untill they end up leaving.

oh i tottaly agree with ya mate, i hate it when stories come out like this. their job means more than england winning the world cup thats all. **** really.

if i posted all the things the media have done to lower the morale of the players/distract themm it would a long list and i think gerrard should stay put as i said somewhere else it wasn't really that nice to watch pool to struggle as badly as they did this season. With torres fit again the gerrard/torres combo will dominate again unfortunatly and it is like the drogba/lampard combo and rooney .. dont have anything for rooney:S

I just want gerrard to stay put as much as i hate liverpool they dont deserve to see their stars run of because one season of no europe i would get it if they got relegated then the stars would run of but not seventh place though!! and i though gerrard was quite loyal to liverpool the way lampard is to chelsea

but you have still had 1 of your 2 main players, gerrard. so you without torres but with gerrard=lifeless, us without drogs but with lamps=winning matches and 2 of them by 7!!!
Gerrard is our CM, Drogba is your ST. If we had Torres instead of Gerrard, we would of finished higher, and better.Trust me

The difference is without Drogba and Lampard we would still be one of the best teams in the league. .

True fact :P but liverpool wouldn't be as bad as villa without tores and gerrard maybe not as strong as usual

Ride The Walrus said:
Gerrard is our CM, Drogba is your ST. If we had Torres instead of Gerrard, we would of finished higher, and better.Trust me

As you said to me..
Show me the proof.

The difference is without Drogba and Lampard we would still be one of the best teams in the league. Without Torres and Gerrard you would be no better than Villa.

Untill you get better players around those two you will continue to become more and more reliant on them. Untill they end up leaving.

thats not strickly true is it. weve been without drogba this season and didnt drop a point!!!

Please stop arguing and why is chelsea so heavily involved in this thread? lets get back on topic forget chelsea now they where brill today and deserved the league liverpool need to improve end of argument now its time to get back on topic or we will see some infractions which i hate so much :S

Err this rumour bullshit is annoying. All these affair rumours etc. have been around for ages, if Gerrard leaves then so be it, but I don't think it will be to protect his children from the media, the papperazi care about nothing, and somebody said they are keeping it out of the papers until after the World Cup, well if it's true what's stopping a Scottish, Irish or Spanish paper printing it? It just doesn't add up. Not only that but this scandal is nothing compared to Terry's and that died down after about 2 or 3 weeks. Oh well I guess there are just some people who really do love their celebrity **** stories and some that would rather just concentrate on the real game. Gerrard is a great player but if we can sell him in a deal that could include Van der Vaart or Benzema then I'd be happy to see him go. As long as we keep the 2 Spaniards.

As for everyone saying Liverpool have a rubbish squad etc. don't forget that we finished 2nd last year with pretty much the same squad, which on any other year it would have been enough to win us the league, on paper a fully fit Liverpool squad can challenge anybody. Admittedly we need 2 or 3 signings to provide cover but nothing as drastic as some people are claiming

Well if Gerrard does leave, and What DMF said is true, i am going to laugh so hard at everyone who dismissed or mocked it.

That's a pathetic statement Scott, I thought you were better than to post something that immature :S

What about if it isn't true, do I get laugh 'so hard' at you and everyone who thought it was true? Oh wait, no I'm not that childish.

Since when did the papers ever "hide" a story until after the World Cup? They print something on the eve of every major tournament to unsettle the players then take great pride in pulling the team apart when we fail to progress past the quarters. I bet they are currently digging around to see what they can find for the next 3 or 4 weeks.

That's a pathetic statement Scott, I thought you were better than to post something that immature :S

What about if it isn't true, do I get laugh 'so hard' at you and everyone who thought it was true? Oh wait, no I'm not that childish.

Off course you can, but everyone just dismissed what he has said as Bullshit, why would he make a thread on something this big if he wasnt Sure it was going to happen, If it was just something he has made up, Why would he make a thread on it?

If Gerrard leaves, Liverpool will miss one of their best players ever and Premier League is gonna miss one of their best central midfielders...If he leaves, Liverpool will stumble like what happened to Leeds Utd once upon a time....

I find the rumour about Gerrard's private life an absolute disgrace. It cropped up on a United forum and unless there is solid proof about it then it is just a rumour for now. If it is a rumour and a very slanderous one at that then I hope they find who started it and take the guy to the ******* cleaners through the courts. Its disgraceful and if it was that true then the media would open it up like a can of worms without regard for the World cup.

I find the rumour about Gerrard's private life an absolute disgrace. It cropped up on a United forum and unless there is solid proof about it then it is just a rumour for now. If it is a rumour and a very slanderous one at that then I hope they find who started it and take the guy to the ******* cleaners through the courts. Its disgraceful and if it was that true then the media would open it up like a can of worms without regard for the World cup.

Well, and that's why I for one don't believe it. Apart from the fact that it's ridiculous and utterly baseless, it came from a manu forum. If I go onto a liverpool site and say that gary neville kills puppies does that make it news? Absolutely not. The whole thing is just shocking.

Since when did the papers ever "hide" a story until after the World Cup? They print something on the eve of every major tournament to unsettle the players then take great pride in pulling the team apart when we fail to progress past the quarters. I bet they are currently digging around to see what they can find for the next 3 or 4 weeks.
a gagging order, the same one terry had, till it ran out and the story became public

Back