• Thread starter Deleted member 91052
  • Start date
  • Replies 349
  • Views 274K
Put 3 mentality to slots.

1 counter
2 standart (if you're one step better)
3 control (if you're clear favourite)

This tactic is awesome but i have certain away games against weaker oppositions where my team just couldn't create a lot of chances and then end up drawing or losing the match. Any solution or ideas on how to overcome that from any of you?

Put 3 mentality to slots.

1 counter
2 standart (if you're one step better)
3 control (if you're clear favourite)

Don't touch anything but the mentality right? I'm just making sure that it's what you mean.

If you try and scout for Shadow strikers by the FM scouting system even on partial role, there arent many in the game , it seems to be one of those positions where you have to compromise on, has anyone else found it difficult to get good enough Shadow Strikers ?

I have a pretty **** good squad at Nürnberg now, so I'm starting to see teams play 4141, 4222, 4231 (with 2 defensive mids), etc against me and struggling to score as much. Still winning though. But I thought I'd try what someone said about playing "defensive" when teams play defensive against you.

So I changed mentality to "defensive", no other changes. And this happened.

View attachment 89567

Should probably have played counter against Bayern. All those games where on Defensive, except against Real Madrid where I went back to counter because they played their usual 4231 with very offensive wingers. As you can see the counter version completely kills teams that try to attack it. Defensive seems to be the way to go against defensive teams though. Sounds a bit counter intuitive, but hey it works.

I have a pretty **** good squad at Nürnberg now, so I'm starting to see teams play 4141, 4222, 4231 (with 2 defensive mids), etc against me and struggling to score as much. Still winning though. But I thought I'd try what someone said about playing "defensive" when teams play defensive against you.

So I changed mentality to "defensive", no other changes. And this happened.

View attachment 1120943

Should probably have played counter against Bayern. All those games where on Defensive, except against Real Madrid where I went back to counter because they played their usual 4231 with very offensive wingers. As you can see the counter version completely kills teams that try to attack it. Defensive seems to be the way to go against defensive teams though. Sounds a bit counter intuitive, but hey it works.
Holy Clusterfuck :)

Season 7 with Nürnberg.. this tactic makes the game kinda boring once you have a world class squad.. Donnarumma, Theo Hernandez, Toni Lato, Asensio, the rest are regens.

View attachment 89449View attachment 89448

Original.. attacking movement training.. simulate match

standard or counter ?

Counter most matches. Some on defensive against teams packing the middle. But really it don't matter. Most of my team is 180+ ability regens now. 198 matches without losing and counting.

Goodbye counter - instant result - attacking movement training, rest after match (manually rest 2 days on players that played) - no OI

Half a season with Man Utd without saving (after the initial one). Got rid of Blind, Darmian, Young. Tried to get rid of some more, but no one wanted them, so what can you do. Brought in Donna, Gaya, Gimenez, Manolas - mostly 48 month deals.

View attachment 89131

Pretty easy as expected. And some cracking results against big teams, as expected since they actually try to attack us. Rotated the squad a lot as well. Best I've seen Rooney play in FM2017.

View attachment 89134View attachment 89133View attachment 89129

And here's the game status, since I know some morons are gonna believe I saved before every match as usual... :p
View attachment 89132

Last edited: