GOODBYE 3430 Knap FM 17.3.1

• Thread starter Deleted member 91052
  • Start date
  • Replies 349
  • Views 275K
Was 198 the end of your run.

I have a GOODBYE 451 4231 but not bothered to post them.

Was 198 the end of your run.

I have a GOODBYE 451 4231 but not bothered to post them.

No, I just didn't play any more on that save, got bored. World class squad and £800M transfer budget, not really much more to do. Was really just trying to save up money to see how long it would take before we got a new stadium, and it happened after that season. Even got my name on it.

View attachment 89062

I might go back and see if it's actually built, but 3 years with an already world class squad just seemed a bit much at the time. I got a few amazing German regens I might wanna go back and check eventually though.

I'd love for a 451/4231 that can perform anywhere near this, but I doubt it can in this match engine?

What is the mentality for underdog team who just promoted to EPL ?
Is it DEFENSE or COUNTER or STANDARD ?
Does any of those mentality change ? If so, based on what ?

As others have said. Stick with counter. I switch the mentality to "defensive" 2-3 games a season just to keep the other teams guessing, but I'm not convinced it matters.

Goodbye showed up more on MR Ls test as underdog, and testing has now finished. My test season results with a Spurs

WOF 3430 or 3421 107PTS
ENGANCHE 4312 104 PTS
GOODBYE 3421 104 PTS
GOODBYE 3430 102 PTS
GOODBYE 451 100PTS
GOODBYE 4231 98 PTS.

I certainly wouldn't mind trying some of those 4 at the back with striker(s) tactics. All those results seem more than good enough with Spurs. Not sure how much time I'll have to play the next few days though.

i seem to have the best luck with the standard tactic rather than the counter tactic.
i seem to lose the big matches using counter tactic and win majority of big matches with standard.

Season done. Hull ruined the perfect Premier league season with a 1-1 draw. Had to play them between 2 matches against Bayern though so we didn't field a very strong team. Bayern away was our only loss of the season.

View attachment 88990View attachment 88989View attachment 88988

Can't believe we had to play Monaco, PSG, Bayern and Inter to win the EURO cup. :p

Oh, and saved twice (once at the start - as can be seen in my last post about this - and once in January cause I had to go to bed) .. posting this cause according to some I'm apparently reloading every match a 100 times to get these results.. Bet someone is gonna find something to ***** about anyways though. Haters gonna hate. :p

View attachment 88991

I've now won Bundesliga in 2nd season with 1860 Munchen and Nurnberg, and gone on to win it 6 times in a row with Nurnberg. I've won the CL with Rosenborg second season. I've won the CL with FC United while still in the Championship (won EURO cup when in L1).

This tactic is perfect, no other words to describe it. So thanks for sharing Knap! You made this version of Football Manager proper fun for me anyways. |)

PS! Martial seems to be the perfect "striker" for this tactic once he's retrained to AMC.

Season done. Hull ruined the perfect Premier league season with a 1-1 draw. Had to play them between 2 matches against Bayern though so we didn't field a very strong team. Bayern away was our only loss of the season.

View attachment 1121573View attachment 1121574View attachment 1121575

Can't believe we had to play Monaco, PSG, Bayern and Inter to win the EURO cup. :p

Oh, and saved twice (once at the start - as can be seen in my last post about this - and once in January cause I had to go to bed) .. posting this cause according to some I'm apparently reloading every match a 100 times to get these results.. Bet someone is gonna find something to ***** about anyways though. Haters gonna hate. :p

View attachment 1121572

I've now won Bundesliga in 2nd season with 1860 Munchen and Nurnberg, and gone on to win it 6 times in a row with Nurnberg. I've won the CL with Rosenborg second season. I've won the CL with FC United while still in the Championship (won EURO cup when in L1).

This tactic is perfect, no other words to describe it. So thanks for sharing Knap! You made this version of Football Manager proper fun for me anyways. |)

PS! Martial seems to be the perfect "striker" for this tactic once he's retrained to AMC.

Hi mate. Congrats with the amazing results.

What team- and individual training are you using? And do you stick to the counter version at all time? :)

Cheers

Hi mate. Congrats with the amazing results.

What team- and individual training are you using? And do you stick to the counter version at all time? :)

Cheers

If you click on my name and check my post history you'll find most of this, but here goes..

99% on counter. Sometimes I change to defensive just to keep the other teams guessing if I feel we're starting to not get the right results.

Training until tactic is 100% fluid:
View attachment 88967

Training after:
View attachment 88966

If you bring in any new player in January change back to the first one until it's fluid again.

- Individual training: GK=Goalkeeper, DC=Ball playing defender, WBR/L=Complete wing backs, MCR/L=Box-to-box midfielders, AMC/R/L=Trequartista.
- Do as many friendly matches as possible against weak teams before season starts.
- Get an assistant manager with as high motivating skill as possible. It's all I care about. I have him do team talks, pre-match interviews and tunnel interviews. I think this might be very important.
- Get as good coaches, physios and scouts as you can manage. Especially physios and coaches. Don't underestimate this.
- No OI, at all.
- Try to have 2 players in each position and setup two team selections for full rotation. Making sure everyone is at full match fitness all the time. Never play a player below 90% unless you have no other.
- After a match rest all the players that are below 90% for 2 days manually (mark them in the squad screen using shift/ctrl on keyboard and clicking them, right-click choose training and rest 2 days).
- Instant result. I have better results with instant result than playing myself (sometimes I hit spacebar to fast and it goes into match).
- Fast attackers with "Play 1-2s" and good finishing or "Places shots" seem to be best for scoring goals. Midfielders should also be better at attacking then defending imo.

That's basically all I do. And buy the best players I can possibly attract at all times, but that should be a no-brainer. Trying to win with **** players if you can get better is stupid.

If you click on my name and check my post history you'll find most of this, but here goes..

99% on counter. Sometimes I change to defensive just to keep the other teams guessing if I feel we're starting to not get the right results.

Training until tactic is 100% fluid:
View attachment 1121596

Training after:
View attachment 1121597

If you bring in any new player in January change back to the first one until it's fluid again.

- Individual training: GK=Goalkeeper, DC=Ball playing defender, WBR/L=Complete wing backs, MCR/L=Box-to-box midfielders, AMC/R/L=Trequartista.
- Do as many friendly matches as possible against weak teams before season starts.
- Get an assistant manager with as high motivating skill as possible. It's all I care about. I have him do team talks, pre-match interviews and tunnel interviews. I think this might be very important.
- Get as good coaches, physios and scouts as you can manage. Especially physios and coaches. Don't underestimate this.
- No OI, at all.
- Try to have 2 players in each position and setup two team selections for full rotation. Making sure everyone is at full match fitness all the time. Never play a player below 90% unless you have no other.
- After a match rest all the players that are below 90% for 2 days manually (mark them in the squad screen using shift/ctrl on keyboard and clicking them, right-click choose training and rest 2 days).
- Instant result. I have better results with instant result than playing myself (sometimes I hit spacebar to fast and it goes into match).
- Fast attackers with "Play 1-2s" and good finishing or "Places shots" seem to be best for scoring goals. Midfielders should also be better at attacking then defending imo.

That's basically all I do. And buy the best players I can possibly attract at all times, but that should be a no-brainer. Trying to win with **** players if you can get better is stupid.

Cheers mate. Will try this out :)

Wait, all these results you've had have been with instant result? There's a big difference, trust me.

No wonder I've been struggling to win the CL with my world class Hoffenheim team, despite dominating the league easily.
Don't get me wrong, this is the best tactic on these forums by far, but when you face other super teams like Man Utd, Man City, PSG etc., it all comes down to luck with this tactic. That is, when you play the games yourself.

Wait, all these results you've had have been with instant result? There's a big difference, trust me.

No wonder I've been struggling to win the CL with my world class Hoffenheim team, despite dominating the league easily.
Don't get me wrong, this is the best tactic on these forums by far, but when you face other super teams like Man Utd, Man City, PSG etc., it all comes down to luck with this tactic. That is, when you play the games yourself.

Yes it's with instant result, and I've said that about 15 times already I think, so you really should have seen that if you actually read my posts. xD I still have no problems winning with normal play though. Just constantly use sideline team talk "Assertive > Concentrate" throughout the match. Have never lost a game in normal play as far as I can remember. But instant result still feel better yes.

*edit* And when I say "instant" I mean "simulate match" button in instant result skin, not the instant result button, and no game plan, just hit the button. :p

Last edited: