GOODBYE 3430 Knap FM 17.3.1

• Thread starter Deleted member 91052
  • Start date
  • Replies 349
  • Views 273K
i have struggled also, with draws and looses with Middlesburg. As your reputation grows teams will start plays more defensly. So this means your strikers have to make the difference. Since your Norwich im sure they are bad on decisions and composure.
What i did was use this 4340 counter of Knap and the 4340 from the chinese guy. I know both counter , but they have different play styles. Worked for me.

You mean 4430? Can you please share the link to both of these tactics?

Im having some error posting them. Knap one is here on first post, the first one is counter. About the chinese one is here on forum called "Chinese 343 strikerless"

Well i just finished 4th with Alaves in the first season, only had loan signings of Kuki from Malaga and Boschilia from Monaco, and got Romaric on a free to have backup in the back.
So all in all it's a **** good tactics :D

Well i just finished 4th with Alaves in the first season, only had loan signings of Kuki from Malaga and Boschilia from Monaco, and got Romaric on a free to have backup in the back.
So all in all it's a **** good tactics :D
can u post screens mate?

This one really is a "Diablo of CM 03-04". I'll try to explain.

First of all, note: I am using pr0's transfer updates

So I picked AC Milan. I had a team that would battle for 4th or 5th place considering the attributes my players had(My GK and defence is only strong area, rest was average/****). Media prediction in 1st season was like 4th I think.

How I finished:
View attachment 91573

2nd season, I bought bunch of average/good players(no superstars or excellent ones) such as:

View attachment 91572

The season is still on-going(Juve tougher this season):
View attachment 91571

but, my player(Lapadula) best striker at the moment of the league and most MoTM awards at the moment:
View attachment 91570
(Higuain with finishing 20 is 8th player with 14 goals, you'd expect him to be in top 3)

Some match screens:
View attachment 91569 View attachment 91568 View attachment 91567 View attachment 91566

View attachment 91565 View attachment 91564 View attachment 91563

Now, I know that some of you might will think or say:"But you're AC Milan it's easy". Trust me it isn't, specially in beginning when you have godamn Montolivo with over 100k wage and average attributes. I have beaten Arsenal twice in the group stage of UCL with only 35M spent in transfer window, Arsenal spent 103M.

You see, I may have gotten less popular players but I still managed to beat RM, Juve, Inter, Arsenal. Tehnically if we compare their players and mine, in terms of attributes, their players are better but that's why this tactic saves me and produces excellent results.

Also two more things:
1. Don't be surprised if you draw 6-8 times or lose 2-4 times while your attackers are still learning to be SS, once they learned it it's going to be much less draw and defeats.
2. I tried in other save experimenting and setting tactic to Control and Attacking. That didn't work well for me, I highly recommend to stick to Counter aka the original tactic.

Mr.Knap thank you for making this game less frustrating.

I've been doing some 4 season testing and I agree that once strikers learn the SS role they improve no end.

Portsmouth
1st season : Promotion to EFL Championship 104 PTS 31 W 11 D 4 L
2nd season : 30 Games with 25 W 2 D 3 L Top of the table with 77 pts right now. Moreover, Just reached to EFL Cup Final against Arsenal

Awesome Tactic thank you so much.

I used the Counter version and it's rock solid defensively (opponents create a CCC every 200-250 minutes) but the attacking play and the whole buildup is painful to watch, although efficient because I won every trophy in my 1st season at Liverpool. The tactic still finds way to score but the whole interchange between the attacking trio is not managing to overload their backline properly (not even close), I score mostly with long through balls on the break with fast forwards and wingers. The forwards are not finding the spaces efficiently enough, they're dwelling on the ball too much and the tempo is way too slow to completely outplay their backline. On the counter if my forwards are not fast enough then they get closed down faster and are forced to take a weaker shot at goal much sooner than they would otherwise.

Loving the defensive stability but I wish the tactic played beautiful free flowing one touch football like the Demolisher Strikerless does, although the Demolisher has a weaker defense.

Last edited:
Have you tried WOF 3430 which is 2nd on Mr L's test league, but higher scoring. My test with Arsenal was a 110pts league win and Spurs 107pts.

View attachment 91295

I haven't but it looks interesting, might give it a little test. I know most of these top tactics are very efficient in scoring but I want to use one that plays attractive football, even if it's not 100% efficient. The counter Goodbye worked great but I didn't fancy the style of play at all for the reasons above and it looks like it depends on pacey forwards way too much, while the wingbacks and the midfield are not contributing enough. CCC every 33 minutes is identical to what I had with Demolisher. For next season I combined your defensive instructions with the attacking flair of Demolisher so I'm looking forward to testing that.

Which one of your tactics has the most attractive football? I would really like to try that one, whatever the formation.

Last edited:
A decision for a UCL classification was for one last round, we drew against Torino and Inter won Crotone. We started the last round in 3rd place and did not reach UCL.

But this is amazing season, media prediction 11th (sorry bad english)

View attachment 91236
Amazing

I admit I now have a very strong team but defensively, I don't remember having seen anything like that in almost 20 years of playing CM / FM :O

View attachment 91231

Once again, very strong team but still...

(using Instant Result on FM Touch with Gary Neville as assistant manager)

Hi

It seems that I concede a lot of goals from crosses and counter-attacks :( is there anything that I can do to improve the defense?

Thanks

This one really is a "Diablo of CM 03-04". I'll try to explain.

First of all, note: I am using pr0's transfer updates

So I picked AC Milan. I had a team that would battle for 4th or 5th place considering the attributes my players had(My GK and defence is only strong area, rest was average/****). Media prediction in 1st season was like 4th I think.

How I finished:
View attachment 1118734

2nd season, I bought bunch of average/good players(no superstars or excellent ones) such as:

View attachment 1118735

The season is still on-going(Juve tougher this season):
View attachment 1118736

but, my player(Lapadula) best striker at the moment of the league and most MoTM awards at the moment:
View attachment 1118737
(Higuain with finishing 20 is 8th player with 14 goals, you'd expect him to be in top 3)

Some match screens:
View attachment 1118738 View attachment 1118739 View attachment 1118740 View attachment 1118741

View attachment 1118742 View attachment 1118743 View attachment 1118744

Now, I know that some of you might will think or say:"But you're AC Milan it's easy". Trust me it isn't, specially in beginning when you have godamn Montolivo with over 100k wage and average attributes. I have beaten Arsenal twice in the group stage of UCL with only 35M spent in transfer window, Arsenal spent 103M.

You see, I may have gotten less popular players but I still managed to beat RM, Juve, Inter, Arsenal. Tehnically if we compare their players and mine, in terms of attributes, their players are better but that's why this tactic saves me and produces excellent results.

Also two more things:
1. Don't be surprised if you draw 6-8 times or lose 2-4 times while your attackers are still learning to be SS, once they learned it it's going to be much less draw and defeats.
2. I tried in other save experimenting and setting tactic to Control and Attacking. That didn't work well for me, I highly recommend to stick to Counter aka the original tactic.

Mr.Knap thank you for making this game less frustrating.

What would you say is key, speedy attack and speedy defence? thanks in advance

Fast attacking players are important because almost everyone in the tactic has the "more risky passes" PI. Lots of goals come from players getting in behind the opponents defence

Usually play my tweaked version of TTF's strikerless to great effect. But gonna play a variation of this one for comparison in my Seria C - Macae save :)

WOW..i was already doing great with Roda Jc (Netherlands). Predicted 13th and after 22 matches i was 1st (used TFF Striker version and 2-3-2-3-0 tactic). First matches i either won 1-0 or got a draw but after a couple of matches i beat the number 2 Ajax Amsterdam with 9-0 at home!!!! A young talented Striker (which i transformed into a SS) scored 4 goals: Jason Cummings

After that we won 0-3 away and won 1-4 away in the cup against a lower rated team but after 120 minutes. don't know what changed.

Last update: I won the Dutch league in my first year with average players. Great..can't wait till next season

Last edited: