Harriers' Be The Club Game 2012 Gameplay Thread

Messi will take it... quite surprised, looking down that list, that noone drafted RVP, Terry or Sneijder :)

Newcastle vs Everton – Premier League – 11/12/11

Coverage bought to you by Harriers TV from BorussiaTeeth Arena

Starting Lineups

View attachment 217795

Pre Match Analysis

Struggling Newcastle’s key man man be goalkeeper Steve Mandanda in this match but a win could also propel them to 5th​ place. Rumours that Louis van Gaal will be sacked circulated 9 days ago but that should affect the player.

Everton could rise to 4th​ to 3rd​ with a win today and will hope that Golden Ball nominated striker Wayne Rooney can score a hattrick to reach 125 career league goals.

Highlights

<u>[video=youtube;nmz9anE-gto]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmz9anE-gto[/video]

Post Match Analysis

View attachment 217796View attachment 217798View attachment 217797

Falcao almost gave Newcastle an early lead with a deflected shot and 2 minutes later Neymar hit the post. But Newcastle weren’t to be denied their goal and there pressure though set pieces payed off as Neymar finished from a David Luiz long throw. Despite continuing pressure, Newcastle couldn’t find another goal before half time, and Rooney almost made them pay with a flashing header just wide on the half time whistle. It was the same story after the break until the 58th​ minute when Gareth Bale’s freekick struck the bar and fell kindly to Micah Richards who finished into an open net. Everton could smell three points now and took the game to Newcastle. But Newcastle looked very dangerous on the break, Falcao pulling a fine save from Everton stand-in ‘keeper Yan Sommer. The last 10 minutes last end to end football. Both teams desperately wanted the 3 points and it seemed it was inevitable a goal would come for one of the two. And in the 1st​ minute of stoppage time Kallstrom won it for Everton, who looked delighted.
Everton leapfrog Wigan into third place as the pressure grows on unlucky Newcastle manager Louis van Gaal who’s team remains 9th​.

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

van Gaal Sacked by ****!!

Following Newcastle Madrid's 2-1 loss to Everton, chairman **** Torres has released a statement confirming to club has terminated manager Louis van Gaal's contract with immediate affect.

The media are already speculating who the new manager will be, with former Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas heading to list, but there are also rumours a return to Tyneside for Ruud Gullit may be on the cards...

BREAKING NEWS!!! - 17/12/11

**** hires Villas-Boas

Andre Villas-Boas was today presented at a news conference by Newcastle chairman **** Torres as the club's new manager a week after he was sacked as Chelsea manager. Coincidence or was Villas Boas tapped up??

Newcastle currently find themselves 8th in the Premier League and Villas-Boas told the gathered media that he had joined the biggest team in England and wanted to get them to where they belong... top of the league.

Newcastle are also in the Semi-Finals of the League Cup. Could that be their only chance of silverware this season?

Last edited:
**** Torres really is a ****. Did he really have to put everything in the spot light? He could have done it behind the scenes. Oh well, **** does what **** wants.

Pennarossa vs The Romans – Serie A – 18/12/11

Coverage bought to you by Harriers TV from Stadio Di Rossa Di Penne Calcio

Starting Lineups

View attachment 217805

Pre Match Analysis

Its 2nd​ verses 1st​, a point between both of them, 2 goals difference between them, it couldn’t be closer in what could be the biggest game of the season so far.

Pennarossa are on a 15 game unbeaten run in the league that sees The Red Whites sitting a point behind The Romans at the top of Serie A. They have the best defense in the league, conceding just 4 in 13 games.

But The Romans have Serie A’s best attack with 27 in 15 games and will be looking to the league’s top scorer, Gonzalo Higuain, to put Pennarossa to the sword.

Highlights

<u>[video=youtube;NnnYlV4p_ic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnnYlV4p_ic[/video]

Post Match Analysis

View attachment 217806View attachment 217808View attachment 217807

As with a lot of so called ‘big game’ it was a very cagey game, for the first half at least. Both teams looked like they didn’t want to lose than wanted to win and that’s normally the recipe for a bad game of football. Hernandez probably came the closest to scoring in a first half slightly edged by Pennarossa, but it remained 0-0 at the interval. After the restart Lampard and Toure went close for The Romans and Pennarossa respectively. And that’s how the 2nd​ half panned out with both teams pushing forward more and more looking for the decisive goal. But in the 73 minute there was a breakthrough as Hernandez out jumped Cheillini to power a header home to send the Pennarossa faithful into delirium. And thanks to the defence and Man of the Match ‘keeper Jussi Jaaskelainen, who have played so well so far this season, Pennarossa held on to take a slim victory over their closest rivals for the Serie A title.

Pennarossa leapfrog The Romans into 1st​ place while Roman’s manager Roberto Mancini will have his work cut out to focus his team on their next game.

**** Torres really is a ****. Did he really have to put everything in the spot light? He could have done it behind the scenes. Oh well, **** does what **** wants.

It's the same old story since the beginning of time I'm affraid lol ;)

Thats all for tonight....tomorrow will be the December Review and a First 6 Months Individual Club Review

Thats all for tonight....tomorrow will be the December Review and a First 6 Months Individual Club Review

So im first once again ;)
My team has a powerful attack - Aguero,Messi,Hulk,Cesc,Sahin :wub:

bitterly dissapointing result against penarossa , their defence was just too much

****, you did the right thing.

Villas-Boas hopefully he is the man to take us forward! Why oh why was Robben on the bench!? Just for that, van Gal deserved to be sacked! Poor result, 2 soft goals against us.. **** you Danny!

DECEMBER REVIEW

English Premier Division

View attachment 218088

Liverpool AFC

December Results

Fulham (PREM)A – 2-1 loss - Llorente
Wigan (PREM)H – 5-1 win – Llorente(3), Lahm, Labyad
West Brom (PREM)A – 2-2 draw – Llorente, Villa
QPR (PREM)A – 3-1 win – Villa(2), Sanchez
Man City (PREM)H – 4-2 win – Llorente(3), Modric
Arsenal (PREM)H – 2-1 loss – Villa

Interesting stat: Most amount of goals from direct freekicks in the Premier League - 3

Everton C.F.

December results:

Stoke (PREM)H – 2-2 draw – Bale(2)
Newcastle (PREM)A – 2-1 win – Richards, Kallstrom
Bolton (PREM)H – 2-1 win – Kallstrom, Dempsey
Man Utd (PREM)H – 2-2 draw – Rooney(2)
Wolves (PREM)A – 3-0 loss
Chelsea (PREM)A – 2-1 win – Bale, Dempsey

Interesting stat: Most yellow cards in the Premier League - 36

Newcastle Madrid

December results

Swansea (PREM)A – 2-0 win – Hamsik, Damiao
Everton (PREM)H – 2-1 loss – Neymar
Sunderland (PREM)A – 2-0 win – Damiao, Falcao
Aston Villa (PREM)A – 2-1 loss - Damiao
Stoke (PREM)H – 2-1 loss - Falcao
Bolton (PREM)A – 1-1 draw – Falcao

Interesting stat: 2nd​ worst home record in the Premier League – P9, W2, D3, L5

Spanish Liga BBVA

View attachment 218091

Galacticos

December Results

Ath. Madrid (LIGA)A – 2-0 win – Negredo, Ronaldo
Levante (LIGA)H – 4-0 win – Negredo, Cavani(2), Cole
Rayo (LIGA)H – 4-0 win – Cavani, Negredo(2), Xabi Alonso

Interesting stat: Most goals from corners in Liga BBVA - 5

C.F. Aztecas

December results:

Sporting (LIGA)H – 3-0 win – Messi(2), Fabregas
Racing (LIGA)A – 2-1 win – Messi(2)
Osasuna (LIGA)A – 1-1 draw – Young

Interesting stat: Best home AND away league record of any team in Liga BBVA

Espanyol

December Results:

Racing (LIGA)H – 2-1 win – Gervinho, Martinez
Osasuna (LIGA)H – 3-0 win – Coentrao, Howedes, Saviola
Ath. Madrid (LIGA)H – 0-0 draw

Interesting stat: Worst average attendance in Liga BBVA – 13, 509

Italian Serie A

View attachment 218092

Pennarossa

December Results:

Roma (SA) – 1-1 draw - Hernandez
A.C. Milan (SA)A – 0-0 draw
The Romans (SA)H – 1-0 win - Hernandez
Atalanta (SA)A – 2-0 win – Palacio(2)

Interesting stat: Best defence in any European top flight league – 4 conceeded in 17 games, with only one of those goals coming away from home

The Romans

December results:

Udinese (SA)A – 2-1 win – Higuain, Lampard
Napoli (SA)H – 2-0 win – Higuian, Silva
Pennarossa (SA)A – 1-0 loss
Lecce (SA)H – 4-3 win – Higuain, Silva, Ayew, Khedira

Interesting stat: Scored the fastest goal in Serie A this season – Lampard after 11 seconds vs A.S. La Cosa Nostra

A.S. La Cosa Nostra

December Results:

Lecce (SA)A – 1-0 win - Kagawa
Siena (SA)H – 2-1 win – Pizzulli, Nangis
Fiorentina (SA)A – 2-0 loss
Genoa (SA)H – 1-0 loss

Interesting stat: Set a new record for Serie A’s all time lowest attendance – 1,476 vs Udinese

i must say i'm very surprised at how good my defense is considering both of my full backs are attacking. although i suppose we are an italian team after all aren't we?

well no we're sammarinese, so i've no idea, they're obviously worse for it. and to think only 2 of the players i drafted have hit 30 with most being early to mid 20's.

i must say i'm very surprised at how good my defense is considering both of my full backs are attacking. although i suppose we are an italian team after all aren't we?

well no we're sammarinese, so i've no idea, they're obviously worse for it. and to think only 2 of the players i drafted have hit 30 with most being early to mid 20's.

theres still a long way to go but this could well be your year if the defence keep it up!

theres still a long way to go but this could well be your year if the defence keep it up!

tbh i was only looking for mid table at the start of the year as i knew i picked a fairly young team and that they would need time to adjust to italy and teh type of football they'd be up against and also to gel as a team. but as things stand i'm only really worried about the return fixture against inter milan because i think that will a) decide the title and b) decide if i go the season unbeaten. i think i've got the quality needed at teh back to hold off roma, juventus, udinese, ac milan, fiorentina and basically the rest of the league. although inter milan have been going really well and are still in the title hunt so they are probably my main threat. if i beat tehm then the title is pretty much mine but if i lose then they will be abuot 3 points behind me and i'll be roughly level with the romans.

Not a bad month but I need to beat penarossa in the reverse fixture if we're to win the league