Harriers' Be The Club Game 2012 Gameplay Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Harriers09
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 251
  • Views Views 20K
LCN keep disappointing me. I thought beating Pennarossa would have given us a boost. But nope. We need European football next season!

i acnnot believe the lack of discipline srna has shown recently, getting sent off against both of the other btc clubs in our league. although now the title is inter milan's to throw away and my prediction might actually come true.

is there any chance we can see the remaining fixtures of the other teams in title contention?

yea heres the fixtures of the non-BTC title contenders:

England

Man Utd: Everton(H), Sunderland(A)
Arsenal: Stoke(A), Tottenham(A), Liverpool(H)

Italy

Inter: Bologna(A), Parma(H)

Spain

Real Madrid: Osasuna(H)

Edit: again (H) means home and (A) means away...i'll sort out that issue for the next update

Last edited:
Sunderland vs Liverpool – FA Cup Final – 05/05/12

Coverage bought to you by Harriers TV from Wembley

Pre Match Analysis

View attachment 219742

Sunderland find themselves in the relegation zone in the Premier League so this FA Cup run has come as a relief from their league form.

Liverpool have gone 8 games without defeat in all competitions and are looking to become the first BTC team to win silverware

Highlights

[video=youtube;ITKbWEtpkOw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITKbWEtpkOw[/video]

Post Match Analysis

View attachment 219743View attachment 219745View attachment 219744

A slow start from both teams but it was Sunderland’s Bengtner with the first chance of the game but his 18th​ minute shot was assertively pushed away by Reina in the Liverpool goal. 4 minutes later and Llorente went close for Liverpool but his shot from just outside the box whistled just fractionally over the bar. Both defences are playing well but it was Sunderland who broke the deadlock. Bendtner dribbling from the halfway line wide on the right, cutting inside and firing past Reina at his near post. The goal seemed to fire Liverpool up and David Villa almost punished John O’Shea when he dallied in possession only for the Liverpool man’s shot to be kept out by keeper Westwood. Liverpool piled on the pressure but Sunderland defended admirably till half time; 1-0. Liverpool continued to press in the second half, Di Maria’s free kick grazing the bar and some last ditch tackles from Sunderland stopping certain goals. Liverpool looed unable to break through Sunderland’s defence, but on the break Sunderland’s Enevoldsen went through on goal, miscontrolled the ball and clearly dived. The Liverpool player were clearly unhappy with his attempt to win a penalty and the referee had no option but to book him for simulation on 74 minutes. 89 minute and a Llorente header put Villa through on goal for Liverpool but he was pulled back by O’Shea…surely a red card but the referee shows only the yellow! And that was it, Liverpool just couldn’t get their goal and Sunderland win the FA Cup.

Good...the first BTC title winners will have to wait a little longer. :)

Man Utd vs Everton – Premier League – 06/05/12

Coverage bought to you by Harriers TV from Old Trafford

Pre Match Analysis

View attachment 219769

This could well be the title decider!

Man Utd find themselves 2nd​ in the Premier League, two points behind Everton with 2 games to go.

Everton will win the league should they win today. Anything other than that and it will go down to the last day of the season.

Highlights

[video=youtube;oz3lJxeCZfY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz3lJxeCZfY[/video]

Post Match Analysis

View attachment 219770View attachment 219772View attachment 219771

This is a huge match for both clubs and it was Everton who started the brightest with Rooney seeing his shot saved by Lindegaard in the United goal before Ganso was refused a penalty as he looked to be pushed by Evans following a corner by Everton’s Montillo but the referee waved away the appeals. Ganso and Papiss Cisse went close for either team with long range shots before Montillo swung a teasing cross into the United penalty are only for Bale to hit the bar with his header as Everton took the game to United. From 30 minutes on it’s United with all the pressure. Cisse looking to be their dangerman but Everton are defending admirably to deny him. Neither side could fashion a decent chance and they went in 0-0 at half time. The warning signs were there for Everton at the start of the second half but Berbatov’s header sailed just wide before Valencia had a goal correctly ruled out for offside. But then a moment of magic as 38 year old Ryan Giggs bought the ball smartly under control just outside the box, jinked past two Everton defenders and powered a shot into the far corner. What an important goal that could prove to be! But the Everton fightback looked on as Rooney and Montillo produced great saves from the United keeper just after to hour mark and all the pressure now coming from them. 70 gone and Rooney blew a great chance to draw Everton level but put his shot wide before the moment he was waiting for came. The Everton forward was on the end of a Dempsey centre to power home a shot from 8 yards 1-1.Now Everton look favourites for the title! But the the controversial moment. Rooney was flattened by a challenge from a United defender and left injured on the floor. But United kept on playing instead of sportingly kicking the ball out and seconds later Park had scored. The Everton players were far from pleased and manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was livid! Only 2 minuts to go for Everton to score again! 4 minutes of injury time were not enough for Everton and Man United secure an oh so important win that now sees the leading the Premier League by a point with only one game remaining.

Man Utd vs Everton – Premier League – 06/05/12

Coverage bought to you by Harriers TV from Old Trafford

Pre Match Analysis

View attachment 219769

This could well be the title decider!

Man Utd find themselves 2nd​ in the Premier League, two points behind Everton with 2 games to go.

Everton will win the league should they win today. Anything other than that and it will go down to the last day of the season.

Highlights

[video=youtube;oz3lJxeCZfY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz3lJxeCZfY[/video]

Post Match Analysis

View attachment 219770View attachment 219772View attachment 219771

This is a huge match for both clubs and it was Everton who started the brightest with Rooney seeing his shot saved by Lindegaard in the United goal before Ganso was refused a penalty as he looked to be pushed by Evans following a corner by Everton’s Montillo but the referee waved away the appeals. Ganso and Papiss Cisse went close for either team with long range shots before Montillo swung a teasing cross into the United penalty are only for Bale to hit the bar with his header as Everton took the game to United. From 30 minutes on it’s United with all the pressure. Cisse looking to be their dangerman but Everton are defending admirably to deny him. Neither side could fashion a decent chance and they went in 0-0 at half time. The warning signs were there for Everton at the start of the second half but Berbatov’s header sailed just wide before Valencia had a goal correctly ruled out for offside. But then a moment of magic as 38 year old Ryan Giggs bought the ball smartly under control just outside the box, jinked past two Everton defenders and powered a shot into the far corner. What an important goal that could prove to be! But the Everton fightback looked on as Rooney and Montillo produced great saves from the United keeper just after to hour mark and all the pressure now coming from them. 70 gone and Rooney blew a great chance to draw Everton level but put his shot wide before the moment he was waiting for came. The Everton forward was on the end of a Dempsey centre to power home a shot from 8 yards 1-1.Now Everton look favourites for the title! But the the controversial moment. Rooney was flattened by a challenge from a United defender and left injured on the floor. But United kept on playing instead of sportingly kicking the ball out and seconds later Park had scored. The Everton players were far from pleased and manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was livid! Only 2 minuts to go for Everton to score again! 4 minutes of injury time were not enough for Everton and Man United secure an oh so important win that now sees the leading the Premier League by a point with only one game remaining.

Cheats! Scum! Ji-Sung Park!

Last Game of the Season Preview

England

Everton must win away at Chelsea and hope Sunderland can get a result at home against Manchester United for them to secure the title.

A Liverpool win away at Arsenal will probably be enough for them to secure 4th​ place, but should reults go against them they could drop to 7th​.

Newcastle could take 8th​ with a win at home to Bolton but could fall to 12th​ should results not go their way.

Spain

Aztecas will win the title with a win at home against Athletico Madrid but should they not win Real Madrid could take the title on the last day.

Espanyol could take 2nd​ place off Real Madrid with a win at home to Levante. They cannot finish lower than their current position of 3rd​.

Galacticos could move above Malaga should they beat them at home to take 6th​.

Italy

Pennarossa need a win at home to Juventus to have any chance of overtaking Inter Milan at the top of the league. But Inter know that a even a draw against Parma at home will secure them the Serie A title.

The Romans could overtake Pennarossa to take 2nd​ place should they slip up and The Romans beat Fiorentina away.

A.S. La Cosa Nostra know a win at home to Roma could grab them 5th​ place but a loss could see them sink to 9th​.

Last Game of The Season

England

Everton 2-1 Chelsea

Sunderland 1-1 Manchester United

Arsenal 3-0 Liverpool

Newcastle 3-0 Bolton

View attachment 219790

So Everton win the League!!! What a day of football for them!!! Champions League Football next season.

Liverpool finish 4th​ despite their loss. Champions League football next season.

Newcastle finish a mid-table 9th​ following their victory.

Spain

Aztecas 3-3 Athletico Madrid

Real Madrid 3-2 Osasuna

Espanyol 4-2 Levante

Galacticos 2-1 Malaga

View attachment 219791

Aztecas secure the La Liga title by way of head-to-head results against Real Madrid!!! Champions League football next season.

Espanyol finish 3rd​ following their win. Champions League football next season.

Galacticos scrape into the Europa League after finishing 7th​.

Italy

Pennarossa 4-1 Juventus

Inter Milan 2-0 Parma

Fiorentina 1-1 The Romans

A.S. La Cosa Nostra 1-1 Roma

View attachment 219792

So Inter Milan just scrape the league title.

Pennarossa keep hold of 2nd​ place following their win. Champions League football next season.

The Romans secure 3rd​ place and will play in the Champions League next season.

A.S. La Cosa Nostra finish 8th​ following their draw

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Everton back to Goodison!!!

Everton Chairman, Daniella Contra, has today announced that due to building work on the Estadio Fernando Llorente that won't be completed till next March, the club will play their home grounds at the old Goodison Park Stadium.

So that time of year has come around...the league have finished and it's time for your review of your managers position.

If you want to sack your manager them please tell me by 6PM GMT on 30/01/12

hah i knew inter would steal the title away from us and the romans. do i get a special prize for getting that one right?

and i'm perfectly happy with my manager, even if we did have a wobble towards the end of teh season we were originally targetting europa league footie so to finish second is just brilliant.

cant beleive inter won the league, well called sammyt. quite a dissapointing end to the season

Disappointed to finish in 8th place. :( 1 point away from Europa League. Gutted. I will keep my manager for another season to see how things go. Im no trigger happy kind of guy.

I'm still thinking about getting rid of Maradona....theres no way that galacticos team should finish that low

Well, Champions league footy next season, only 3 points off the title... I'll keep Mourinho for another season :) Congrats Kenrry, better watch out for us next season :D

cant beleive inter won the league, well called sammyt. quite a dissapointing end to the season

don't worry mate i can see my team taking the league with you second next year after being ovehalled by goal difference on the last day fo the season, only for you to beat us in the cup final on penalties. although inter will take the european honours and one of the btc clubs will drop down from champions league group stages to win the europa league.

now i'm sure i definately deserve a prize of some sort if that happens as predicted.

CHAMPIONES!

OLE THE MAGICIAN!!! 2 Titles, 2 different teams, 2 years!

Sign him up for 20 years! Still, back to the old hunting ground until March.

There'll be a nice amount of BTC clubs in the CL next season ;)

Last edited:
it's a shame there's only 3 nations in this and not 4 as it would have been great to get a all btc club champions league group.

Back