I Thought You Said He Eats, Drinks and Sleeps Football? He Does, He Just Can't Play!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can't sign the regens, just ****** well hope they are all scattered. You don't want an African Barcelona here

They might join once you reach the top of the nation and you can benefit from the high youth rating by investing in an expansive youth setup.
Honestly the good ones are all being snapped up by european teams so they really aren't an obsticle either way
If you can't sign the regens, just ****** well hope they are all scattered. You don't want an African Barcelona here

Getting beat 4-0?

I managed to get exactly what we needed before the season started, A striker of insane quality for this league!

Prince Boateng
A guaranteed starter for us, If he is as good as his stats suggest we are onto a winner with this guy! He is the sort of player i'll be looking to take with me when I eventually move on.

View attachment 334916

The money just isn't there for the club and we need some form of prize money or a big sale to generate more.

View attachment 334919

We sadly went out of the cup early this year buy our league form has been great except for 2 performances that have really annoyed me, The loss obviously and the draw with Hearts of Oak where we were 2-0 up and managed to throw it all away somehow...

View attachment 334917

This all leaves us currently second in the league, We are keeping a close eye on Hearts of Oak and we intend to pounce the next chance we get.

View attachment 334918

Great results m8!

So, you will need to move, either to Egypt or S. Africa, don't you think?

If so, you need to start in the bottom league or you can go to a 1st division club?

Great results m8!

So, you will need to move, either to Egypt or S. Africa, don't you think?

If so, you need to start in the bottom league or you can go to a 1st division club?
Anywhere outside the top division basically whatever I get offered .I have really struggled getting jobs in this save constantly getting laughed off, hence no international yet.... We are still semi pro so I don't see any continental football trophies in our future sadly.

Prince Boateng is incredible. He wouldn't look out of place in a mid table prem team.

you could go to congo, win their top division, then see if you can get the TP Mazembe job as they are supposedly the best african club and would be your best bet outside of a south african powerhouse.

Prince Boateng is incredible. He wouldn't look out of place in a mid table prem team.
Tell me about it I nearly spat my brew all over my laptop when an agent offered him out!

you could go to congo, win their top division, then see if you can get the TP Mazembe job as they are supposedly the best african club and would be your best bet outside of a south african powerhouse.
I've set myself the rule of not being able to join a top flight club though so I can't do that lol

Quite possible that this is the tensest finish to a league I have ever managed in.... With one game to go we sit first 1st, one point ahead of Hearts of Oak. We play them at home in our final game. At least a draw will give the title.

View attachment 334995View attachment 334996View attachment 334997

One game for the title then... Could we do it?

View attachment 335001

Of course we could! The pressure was on and we duly turned the screw. A special mention to Prince Boateng who has been a true joy to have.

View attachment 335009View attachment 335010

View attachment 335011View attachment 335012View attachment 335013View attachment 335014View attachment 335016View attachment 335017View attachment 335018View attachment 335020View attachment 335019View attachment 335015View attachment 335021View attachment 335023View attachment 335024

Unfortunatley the board have annoyed me by refusing to take what I feel is a required step and become fully professional. Even a crack at the CAF champions league wont help if we are just going to get battered so I resigned and went looking for my next job in Africa......

africa-landscape.jpg

Last edited:
I only applied for 2 jobs, Blackburn RSA and JS Massira. Both are second division clubs and both play in nations with better top flights than Ghana. One offered me the job and I accepted, we are off to Morocco this time.

View attachment 335042View attachment 335043

Wadi_Saoura.jpg

1d156ed21096e5cc1820ac2dedf2af.jpg

from wikipedia
Jeunesse Sportive d'El Massira is a Moroccan football club based in El Aaiún, Western Sahara Morocco. The club was founded in 1977.

Here is how I find the club on my arrival, Finishing tenth the season just gone and with quite bad facilities.

View attachment 335045View attachment 335047View attachment 335050
View attachment 335051View attachment 335044

The squad needs a complete overhaul so I set about revamping them.

View attachment 335056

View attachment 335053View attachment 335057View attachment 335058
View attachment 335052View attachment 335059View attachment 335055

We still need akeeper and a striker so i'm keeping my eyes peeled for a keeper and already have a striker in mind.​

Last edited:
I must have misread it as you can only join another top flight club if they are in a worse place in the divisions table at the time and if you have already won the top flight of that country.

I must have misread it as you can only join another top flight club if they are in a worse place in the divisions table at the time and if you have already won the top flight of that country.

Top flight previso was purely for leagues that only have one level like USA and Australia, I didn't want to miss them out because they didn't have a second level.

Two more transfer dealings before the season started the much needed goalkeeper and a very special striker....

View attachment 335279View attachment 335280View attachment 335281

I could hardly resist resigning Prince Boateng! He will still be amazing at this level even if he wont be a 40 goal a year man.

Here is how I intend us to line up pending everyone being fit.

View attachment 335282

The first half of the season went fantastically well and we played out of our skins, with just one early blip and a 4-0 drubbing by MC Oujda.

View attachment 335284View attachment 335283

This leaves us in an automatic promotion spot with first place still well within our grasp.

View attachment 335285

Interestingly with only half the games gone, we have scored more and won more games than the team managed in the whole of last season.​

Last edited:
We have had a storming season but before we go into the league I want to cover the cup. We only went and won the thing! We rode out luck in the final, saving a penalty and requiring extra time. But we will play African football next season!

View attachment 335319View attachment 335320View attachment 335321View attachment 335323View attachment 335322

View attachment 335324View attachment 335326View attachment 335327View attachment 335333View attachment 335318

Onto the league, our results have been immense.

View attachment 335334

Although possible for us to lose the title on the last day it would of needed two cricket scores. We won regardless and wrapped up the league.

View attachment 335335
View attachment 335337View attachment 335338View attachment 335339View attachment 335341View attachment 335340View attachment 335336

Here is the African league rankings. We are going into the second best league in Africa bouyed by our cup success.

View attachment 335342

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.